Tweed and Rifles

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Tweed and Rifles

Post by DYEUZ »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:If I go to a friend in the MULTIPLAYER and do not send the session to the competition - will it not break the rules?
Going to a friend's multiplayer game is not a problem, you can even submit an animal from that game if you shoot a big one - if you found this animal yourself! But if you're asking other hunters (except your team partner) to look for trophies for you, then you're playing against the rules.

In other words: If you enter a MP game because you want to join friends and have fun hunting with them, all is good! If you find a big animal for the competition during that hunt, even better.
But if you join a MP game because someone told you that he just found a big moose that you can shoot... don't do it! ;)
Imo, that multi game hunt that you want to join, and have intentions for the comp should be with your teammate , period .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tod1d wrote:I'm showing a message to Radamus. He needs to check his messages on UHCapps & accept your invitation
I might have know Radamus would be the cause of the problem :P
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:If I go to a friend in the MULTIPLAYER and do not send the session to the competition - will it not break the rules?
Going to a friend's multiplayer game is not a problem, you can even submit an animal from that game if you shoot a big one - if you found this animal yourself! But if you're asking other hunters (except your team partner) to look for trophies for you, then you're playing against the rules.

In other words: If you enter a MP game because you want to join friends and have fun hunting with them, all is good! If you find a big animal for the competition during that hunt, even better.
But if you join a MP game because someone told you that he just found a big moose that you can shoot... don't do it! ;)
So we can play a mutiplayer game and submit animals from that game as long as there was no intent to have other hunters other than your partner find animals for you . Correct?

But here is another question.
Can Myself or my partner run a multiplayer game and send for the other too shoot the animal for what ever reason?
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:

So we can play a mutiplayer game and submit animals from that game as long as there was no intent to have other hunters other than your partner find animals for you . Correct?

But here is another question.
Can Myself or my partner run a multiplayer game and send for the other too shoot the animal for what ever reason?
I think I could go and shoot the animal, because the rules say EXCEPT your partner. Correct Marc?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RidgeBack69 wrote:So we can play a mutiplayer game and submit animals from that game as long as there was no intent to have other hunters other than your partner find animals for you . Correct?
Correct.
RidgeBack69 wrote:But here is another question.
Yes, that's why the rule says that the team partner is exempt from this rule. You're a two man team, so you can look for animals on your own and call the partner in - if he's the only one who owns the weapons you need to use for example.

Guys, don't stress yourself out too much over this rule. DYEUZ is probably correct that if you hunt in MP, most of the time during the competition you'll do it with your team partner - makes sense and is in the spirit of a team competition. But we won't be super-strict here. One of our goals is to evaluate the additional data we get and see how much of an (unfair) advantage playing in MP could really be and if those strategies are as prevalent as some players suspect. I'll talk to Tod and David and hope to find a way to share some of this information with you after the competition. But of course: If we see patterns that players are clearly breaking the rule, we'll act! Like with spawn mashing, this might in some cases be a matter of interpretation, but we'll contact players early enough if we see anything suspicious!
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

caledonianblues wrote:
Tod1d wrote:I'm showing a message to Radamus. He needs to check his messages on UHCapps & accept your invitation
I might have know Radamus would be the cause of the problem :P
Taken care of - I'm keeping a list ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:The Great Lakes Gunners have signed up. Be afraid...be very afraid. :P
Haha! Me and Ridgeback69 are shaking in our shoes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Looks like fun

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

I'd be interested in trying this comp. However, 1.) Do not have a team mate. 2.) Do not have a cat #2 weapon. I have a 45-70 government but not a 45-70 Buffalo Gun.

I do however have, 30-06 Classic Bolt Action
Long Bow
.50 Cap Muzzle Loader
12 Gauge Single Shot

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Deadclopz, if you look at the list of registered players, at the bottom are the players that are not on a team. I assume they also don't have a pre-planned partner, or they would be in the top section already. Try to message one of them, and see if they have one of the large bore classic rifles & want to join you.
NOTE: if it says "pending" next to their name, they have already been invited, or have invited someone.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Competitions”