1st Annual K9 Feline Trophy Hunt.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: 1st Annual K9 Feline Trophy Hunt.

Post by caledonianblues »

BCKidd wrote:Hmmm, how many folks would not be able to participate in this comp due to the WRR issues, if it went ahead as planned on Feb 2, and the issue wasn't fixed?
I started to create the next UHC mission pack from Bob (which was supposed to take place on WRR) and decided to change the story a bit, since people are having issues in that reserve. My advice would be to postpone the competition until such times as everyone can play there without any inconveniences. If Tod has already configured the competition, changing the date is a 2 second job. Your call of course, but there's nothing worse than putting effort into coming up with a cool competition, only to have issues prevent people from participating.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

caledonianblues wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Hmmm, how many folks would not be able to participate in this comp due to the WRR issues, if it went ahead as planned on Feb 2, and the issue wasn't fixed?
I started to create the next UHC mission pack from Bob (which was supposed to take place on WRR) and decided to change the story a bit, since people are having issues in that reserve. My advice would be to postpone the competition until such times as everyone can play there without any inconveniences. If Tod has already configured the competition, changing the date is a 2 second job. Your call of course, but there's nothing worse than putting effort into coming up with a cool competition, only to have issues prevent people from participating.
If the WRR issues aren't corrected by the time of this comp, and I were to remove the Arctic Fox, I could replace them with another critter? Ofc, this is all jus' hearsay and would entail that the UHC staff (Tod and Caledonian) agree, as they are the ones who codes these comps. But, it might be a good idea to have a contingency plan in place, as I would really like to see this comp begin and end on dates that have been provided. Any suggestions on animal replacement, is greatly appreciated. Then I ask myself which is easier, replacing an animal, or postponing the comp? Points to ponder... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

BCKidd wrote:Then I ask myself which is easier, replacing an animal, or postponing the comp?
Has artwork been created which includes arctic foxes? Tod would most likely have to make changes to the backend code, since the expedition parser will be looking for specific species. That's just a change to some IDs of course, not the end of the world. but I would probably ask Tod how much work is involved from his perspective, before contemplating a replacement species.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah there is only the first page banner that has the lil' white foxes- the last thing I want to do is make it more difficult for you folks at UHC. Perhaps, a postponement if the issues aren't fixed is a better solution. Thanx, Caledonian. Your words of wisdom are always greatly appreciated. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

BCKidd wrote:Perhaps, a postponement if the issues aren't fixed is a better solution.
I'd still talk to Tod. You never know, it might not be a big job at all.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

My opinions in priority order :

1... Postponed comp.
2... If you do not want to postpone it , do not replace the Arctic Fox by another . Leave it to 4 species .
3... If you really want to go with it and WRR still has sound issues ... and its not too much work to change the Arctic Fox ... change it for the Reindeer .
( Not suited for the comp's title , but hey , not my fault !! :lol: )

Really wish that this sound issue would be worked on and fixed before your comp BCKidd.

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

For me, the issue is surround sound in my headphones. If I turn it off, I can't hear WAS. And even then, the bug comes back as soon as I do something other than walk around. Fast travel, getting in to world items, trying to harvest, etc.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I personally don't have that problem. So for me participating won't be a problem BC. Like DYEUZ said, postponing it seems fair towards the people that can't play WRR at the moment. Or just removing the Arctic fox from the comp ;)

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

As David mentioned, very easy to change the dates.

Removing the Arctic Fox would be pretty easy, replacing it with another animal, also not too big of a deal.

In either case, changing the graphic would be last, and may not happen at all. Unless someone else wants to tackle that. (I am not a graphic artist, and I make no pretenses about it.) ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...Also, as i said on another thread , me either don't have the sound issue / bug . So what will be decided is o.k. with me .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”