1st Annual K9 Feline Trophy Hunt.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
TROPICIEL3
Tracker

Re: 1st Annual K9 Feline Trophy Hunt.

Post by TROPICIEL3 »

Hunting for WRR - error, error, error, error
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tann, I do get your point. :) I should have mentioned the part about a player's entire history being scrutinized if he wins, but in speaking about this comp in particular I was implying it. An hour is much harder to disguise mashing around, I should have said. :)

Stan's case is a sour note, but if it weren't for a bug it wouldn't have counted regardless, and so worsened the blow. I sympathize, especially because Stan is my good friend, but we've all fallen victim to rules and glitches before. It's unfortunate, but irrelevant to my post. :(

An hour real time is long enough to douse all spawn mashing in general, whereas thirty minutes is only just slightly longer than what it usually, practically, takes to mash successfully and is therefore easier to work around. I'm not talking about the 'sixty second mashers' obviously. They're already eliminated by a thirty minute rule, and probably skipped this comp. ('Spawn mashing' definition required.) ;)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Too bad he skipped reading that rule
Tod1d wrote: For not reading the rules?
No offense to two of our moderators who do yeoman work, and have always been fair.

I read the rule. When my hunt was accepted, I assumed I had complied. Apparently, the 1 hour requirement wasn't on my mind. If you look at every other one of my hunts, they were 1 hour or more.

I take full responsibility for my error. I have yet to see the score removed.

I'm not a spawn masher, and resent that someone thinks so, or that I cheated, or there are two sets of rules. If the UHC program was operating correctly, I would have got a message that my hunt was denied.

End of story.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

JimboCrow wrote:An hour real time is long enough to douse all spawn mashing in general, whereas thirty minutes is only just slightly longer than what it usually, practically, takes to mash successfully and is therefore easier to work around. I'm not talking about the 'sixty second mashers' obviously. They're already eliminated by a thirty minute rule, and probably skipped this comp. ('Spawn mashing' definition required.) ;)
I agree 100% . 1 hour real time is the way to go imo .

TROPICIEL3 wrote:Hunting for WRR - error, error, error, error
Yep! Bummer right !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I'm not a spawn masher, and resent that someone thinks so, or that I cheated, or there are two sets of rules. If the UHC program was operating correctly, I would have got a message that my hunt was denied.
That's what I meant, Stan. In no way I wanted to imply that you were being unfair or tried to bend the rules. Sorry if it sounded like it. But you're right... end of story! :D
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I'm not a spawn masher, and resent that someone thinks so, or that I cheated, or there are two sets of rules.
Nobody here thinks you're a spawn masher, Stan. In fact, exactly the opposite is true. You're the intrepid fellow who does 3 hour hunts looking for Sambars and Bighorns, and who has finished every single mission available. Your accomplishments speak for themselves. Respect. :)

I, on the other hand, am one of the 'thirty minute mashers' that this comp seeks to deter. I can confirm that it does precisely that. Good rule, very fair. :? ;) :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Whether there was a loop hole or not, the ROE clearly states that all hunts submitted must be 1 hour real time. So it really doesn't matter that there was or is a glitch, folks that submitted any hunt that was less than 1 hour will have that submission revoked. They are not DQ'd completely only their submission will be. I also gave another option or they can "withdraw" and you would't believe how many have... :roll: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

WTG DYEUZ! Nice heart shot on that Bob cat! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tyvm BCKidd . :)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Wow, kind of a belated birthday present eh Dyeuz? Helluva shot that, and good luck with it! Incredible distance. I can't even see them that far away! No joke!! :lol: :lol:

But even better news for you from the Sens, because they got rid of that pylon Phaneuf today! Not much coming back the other way, unless Gaborik finds new life under Boucher, like Duchene did? :? But who knows, maybe Crawford takes over soon! :lol: :D

Return to “Competitions”