Me (TK) - Official Community comps

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Me (TK) - Official Community comps

Post by TreeKiwi »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Thanks guys, sorry Stan was just trying to respond to some peoples replies. My mind is still open :)

I mean I guess the best I can say (I realise you just have to take my word for it) is that I enjoy the challenge and anythings you think I might have now as an advantage would take any challenge away for me. Which would make things very boring, very fast for me. If you feel that comps that involve new guns or the likes is unfair, then these ones I am happy to remove myself from the standings. But really it shouldn't matter as it still comes down to luck and skill if I manage to find some winning animals. Because I have the gun, it doesn't make me more likely to win or not :) But like I say I am not here to rock the boat and if this is an issue that people have an issue with then I am happy to sit back for these comps. I guess in short I still would like to be involved with you guys and I hope lots of you can remember me in comps doing poorly before I started here at EW and I am sure that will continue hahaha
You don't have to be sorry, TK. Sometimes, the typed phrases don't show inflection or other means of communication. My post was tongue-in-cheek. Geez, do what you want. Although I agree with HooCairs. But then again, who cares :lol: what I think. ;)
"Who-who cares?... Who- who cares?... Who cares for me?"
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TK always remember. It is easier at ask for forgiveness than permission. :twisted: :twisted:
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well the thing is many here probably most wont mind but imagine someone from community is in a turkey comp in top 3. then you get knocked out by a EW staff member. it will at some point cause a issue or someone saying " how is it fair that a EW staff member can compete with information that can help them win said comp ".regardless of whether its true or not some will think you have inside knowledge.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I have the same issue with another website where I am a staffer/moderator/librarian, and the game we play, I make maps and test other mapmakers maps for.
But in my case making maps allows me to set feed and travel nodes as well as feed layers and in some cases levels of animal numbers per sq kilometre , ( which means knowledge of areas most likely to have animals ) and testing means I have previous knowledge of all the maps that are loaded to the game library prior to their release if included in competition rounds.
So I remove myself from active competition for those reasons.

Being a customer support staffer does not put you in a position that would make your participation unfair. Your area of responsibility is somewhat removed from the developmental aspects of the game. And since the loading, scores and distribution of the animals is randomly generated by the game, there is very little to be gained by inside knowledge in this case.

There will always be someone prepared to Howly Bag over Perceived unfairness, but if your conscience is clear you are not obliged to justify your actions at their behest.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all,

I still love playing this amazing game and I wanted to put it out there as a question to you all. Do you mind me still competing in the offical community comps?
Like the previous Turkey comp that just finished, I ended up 11th (last time I looked) after shooting two 56 scoring Turkeys by mistake. Ideally I would like to be in the comps just for the competitive side of things and to get a trophy, but I can understand some people might not like this part. So I am after your thoughts and opinions on the matter. The best compromise I can see would be that if magically I did get into the top positions and people didn't like this, I could screen shot it for bragging rights :P and then withdraw myself from the comp... but I would really like to try get a trophy haha. Thoughts and comments (all welcomed :) ):
I dont mind u joining cause i dont see a real problem. U are passionate and u love the game. What u do in your freetime has nothing to do with work.Look at the Riot employes streaming LoL ranked games in their freetime on twitch as an example - do what u like. Its something u love and as a normal player u have all the rights to enjoy every aspect of it like everyone else :)

On another note tho ... will we ever get tinfoil hats in the store/game ? Those could provide camo against government satelites ahahahahhaha :lol:
I would buy at least 10 ! :P
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

TK, I only speak for myself but what brought you to this point with EW? Your passion for the game and the interaction with the community is my guess. I don't think it would be the same if you didn't maintain the basics - Besides, we've hunted together and I know your skills (there's still capacity for upward movement in your case) :lol: :lol: ~ .... Now if you were in programing that would be a different subject and from people I've talked to in those situation they can't really enjoy that which they already know all the secrets so I just don't see you as a person who would want to know the secrets and use that advantage, I don't believe you have it in your soul to be that kind of person - besides, the long haul up that mountain from "good lord I suck" to the top is a pretty steep one and when someone ends up on top mysteriously it's pretty obvious ;) .... Like I said BRING IT Bee-atchy! :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

TK, if you were any kind of threat, I'd say yeah, hit the road, but as it stands you're more than welcome to compete anytime you want! :lol:

Close contact between EW and the community has only been good for the game. That's why it's so positive here right now, because staff members have cultivated a direct relationship with the players. It's pretty special. It's great that you want to continue that.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Sure, it'll be fun to knock down an EW staffer from 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, in any comp, community or otherwise. We'll all know if things get fishy, then look out! Have fun Tk, it'll be kewl to see you on an EW Official comp leader-board, gives me sumthin' to shoot for. :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

While it seems most here don't think it is a problem because they know you as a member just like they are, it is a conflict of interest, and I would think EW would say no.

The comps are there to get players to buy weapons, equipment, and memberships for the chance of earning some em$, and a trophy.
As an employee I am sure you no longer have to pay for the game, and can have all the equipment and weapons available. That means the only thing you are competing for is the trophy, and why it seems ok to you, but I am sure anyone that loses to an EW employee will not be happy about it.

If you never win I am sure it would be icing on the cake for the winners that they also beat an employee of EW, but once you win that will all change and if you aren't competing to win then why bother.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Hi TK, I gave up on comps a long time ago so I don't mind but it would probably be very suspicious if you won one. :D
As I know you from the game I would believe you even if you're a part of EW now. Really hope you don't have time to compete during work time.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.

Return to “Competitions”