Me (TK) - Official Community comps

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Muglug
Scout

Re: Me (TK) - Official Community comps

Post by Muglug »

DHRifleman wrote:While it seems most here don't think it is a problem because they know you as a member just like they are, it is a conflict of interest, and I would think EW would say no.

The comps are there to get players to buy weapons, equipment, and memberships for the chance of earning some em$, and a trophy.
As an employee I am sure you no longer have to pay for the game, and can have all the equipment and weapons available. That means the only thing you are competing for is the trophy, and why it seems ok to you, but I am sure anyone that loses to an EW employee will not be happy about it.

If you never win I am sure it would be icing on the cake for the winners that they also beat an employee of EW, but once you win that will all change and if you aren't competing to win then why bother.
Hi all.
I give up with comps a long time ago because the roll of dice makes them unfair, so on that note I do not care.

But going by the human species, then I would have to warn you in a nice way by referring you to the line in blue
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

Can't see any issue, if there is no advantage to being a staff member then go for it.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Well I think the safest way then is that I compete and if I magically get into an award winning position, I will just remove myself from the comp. Cheers all :)
KingKong1
Scout

Post by KingKong1 »

Personally, I don't have any problems with your participation and I think it's a bad idea to withdraw if you win. I would therefore suggest - to accommodate delicate souls - you promise that your prize money will be used to create one / more competitions to apply to everyone.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:...I will just remove myself from the comp. Cheers all :)
I remember this being pretty difficult. There were situations where people were identified as cheaters, or where the game produced double scores due to some bug, and EW rarely removed such results from comps unless it was a major event. Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe you should first check who you would have to bother every time this happens. ;)

Ideally, EW should be allowed to compete (heck we wish to see them play their game!) and if they ever got in the prize ranks, the game would automatically give one more price out so that no one loses anything and gold, silver and bronze trophies were always given to players no matter how EW staff ranked. Yeah I know this takes additional programming and is not gonna happen... :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HooCairs wrote:I remember this being pretty difficult. There were situations where people were identified as cheaters, or where the game produced double scores due to some bug, and EW rarely removed such results from comps unless it was a major event. Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe you should first check who you would have to bother every time this happens. ;)
Wouldn't deactivating the competition the website or launcher remove his entry?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

caledonianblues wrote:
HooCairs wrote:I remember this being pretty difficult. There were situations where people were identified as cheaters, or where the game produced double scores due to some bug, and EW rarely removed such results from comps unless it was a major event. Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe you should first check who you would have to bother every time this happens. ;)
Yeah this was going to be my plan :) but I will give it a try on a normal roster comp first :)
Wespertin
Spotter

Post by Wespertin »

DHRifleman wrote: I am sure anyone that loses to an EW employee will not be happy about it.
This is not correct.
I wouldn't mind at all, letting TK have that nice feeling when you win.
As a principle, I always trust people, until they show me I shouldn't. ;)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

caledonianblues wrote:
Don't think so, it just stops new entries while deactivated.
Now if the plan is that if you place to remove yourself from the comp, isn't that the same as just keeping track of your own entry to see how you would have faired without actually joining.
Wespertin wrote:
DHRifleman wrote: I am sure anyone that loses to an EW employee will not be happy about it.
This is not correct.
I wouldn't mind at all, letting TK have that nice feeling when you win.
As a principle, I always trust people, until they show me I shouldn't. ;)
It has nothing to do with trust, it has to do with the reason the comps exist, and someone from EW competing in them in opposition of it.
To be honest, if you had to ask, you already new the correct answer TreeKiwi.

Now if EW was to say that any comp you place in, the em$ prize will be divided and added to the other 2 places, it actually makes it more acceptable. But again this adds a bit of work to do on EW's side of things
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

When you deactivate a comp you score is removed. If you reactivate it your score returns.
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”