Me (TK) - Official Community comps

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Re: Me (TK) - Official Community comps

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Does working at the office give you any more luck about animal size? No , so I don't have any problems with it.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I dont see a problem as long as you are not able to add any items/equipment from the store to your account for free. Is this possible? If so that would create an unfair advantage.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Why not, it won't be a problem until you win. :lol:
Thanks, ~Jeff

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

If you have information that will give you an advantage over everyone else, you should not compete. I cannot think however of anything in the official comps that the devs would know and the players couldn't know either.

Also I see that you are working up your skills nicely just like everyone else. If you had them all beefed up to 20 then you shouldn't participate.

Last thing, if a new weapon comes out that everyone has to buy and you of course don't, that might look a bit bad too.

Other than this, would be nice to see you ranked! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i don't do comps anymore, so it won't affect me one way or the other.......but, it just doesn't seem right to me, for a staff member, be in any comp for general membership.......there will always be a 'shadow of doubt'....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Me (TK) - Community comps

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing you in any community competition, but since you're an employee of EW now and this could have a bad aftertaste for some, it would probably be best to talk to the host beforehand and ask for his approval. I'd recommend participating "out of competition" like David usually does - so your results will not be considered for the prizes.

As for the "official" competitions and events, that's for EW to decide of course. But I'd think that they want employees to stay out of them...
This would just be for official community comps run by EW :)

Cool thanks guys, let just start off and see how it goes. To date I have never won an official community comp outside the usual roster. If it becomes an issue we can deal with it later. But I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it all :) Cheers <3
It was great to see that you waited until at least 50% of the community responded, and then decided. :P Of course, EW makes a lot of their decisions based on people in CET or whatever you call it, so you fit right in. 8-)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

My thoughts are very similar to those of Marc and Hoocairs .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Turkey_Duster

Post by Turkey_Duster »

Doesn't matter to me as long as I win!

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Thanks guys, sorry Stan was just trying to respond to some peoples replies. My mind is still open :)

I mean I guess the best I can say (I realise you just have to take my word for it) is that I enjoy the challenge and anythings you think I might have now as an advantage would take any challenge away for me. Which would make things very boring, very fast for me. If you feel that comps that involve new guns or the likes is unfair, then these ones I am happy to remove myself from the standings. But really it shouldn't matter as it still comes down to luck and skill if I manage to find some winning animals. Because I have the gun, it doesn't make me more likely to win or not :) But like I say I am not here to rock the boat and if this is an issue that people have an issue with then I am happy to sit back for these comps. I guess in short I still would like to be involved with you guys and I hope lots of you can remember me in comps doing poorly before I started here at EW and I am sure that will continue hahaha
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TreeKiwi wrote:Thanks guys, sorry Stan was just trying to respond to some peoples replies. My mind is still open :)

I mean I guess the best I can say (I realise you just have to take my word for it) is that I enjoy the challenge and anythings you think I might have now as an advantage would take any challenge away for me. Which would make things very boring, very fast for me. If you feel that comps that involve new guns or the likes is unfair, then these ones I am happy to remove myself from the standings. But really it shouldn't matter as it still comes down to luck and skill if I manage to find some winning animals. Because I have the gun, it doesn't make me more likely to win or not :) But like I say I am not here to rock the boat and if this is an issue that people have an issue with then I am happy to sit back for these comps. I guess in short I still would like to be involved with you guys and I hope lots of you can remember me in comps doing poorly before I started here at EW and I am sure that will continue hahaha
You don't have to be sorry, TK. Sometimes, the typed phrases don't show inflection or other means of communication. My post was tongue-in-cheek. Geez, do what you want. Although I agree with HooCairs. But then again, who cares :lol: what I think. ;)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Competitions”