Me (TK) - Official Community comps

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Me (TK) - Official Community comps

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey all,

I still love playing this amazing game and I wanted to put it out there as a question to you all. Do you mind me still competing in the offical community comps?
Like the previous Turkey comp that just finished, I ended up 11th (last time I looked) after shooting two 56 scoring Turkeys by mistake. Ideally I would like to be in the comps just for the competitive side of things and to get a trophy, but I can understand some people might not like this part. So I am after your thoughts and opinions on the matter. The best compromise I can see would be that if magically I did get into the top positions and people didn't like this, I could screen shot it for bragging rights :P and then withdraw myself from the comp... but I would really like to try get a trophy haha. Thoughts and comments (all welcomed :) ):
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Me (TK) - Community comps

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I for one do not mind. Comp away bro.
Spoiler:
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

You allready know what i think, but i think you should be able to compete. You don't loose the rights you have to play this game the way you want just by working at the office

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I see absolutely no reason why you can't. Go for it :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I also see no reason why you shouldn’t, Mat. It’s not like you have this amazing insider ability now to magically make animals appear for you. You have to rely on the same RNG as everyone else, it’s still a level playing field.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I see absolutely no reason why you can't. Go for it :)
All is said by Instinctive Archer.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Bring it on Mat! There's never been a "staffer" who could hang with gang :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I wouldn't mind seeing you in any community competition, but since you're an employee of EW now and this could have a bad aftertaste for some, it would probably be best to talk to the host beforehand and ask for his approval. I'd recommend participating "out of competition" like David usually does - so your results will not be considered for the prizes.

As for the "official" competitions and events, that's for EW to decide of course. But I'd think that they want employees to stay out of them...
Image Image Image
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

I dont mind. Iam currently looking for a nice red deer tho *slides ems under the table* :P
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing you in any community competition, but since you're an employee of EW now and this could have a bad aftertaste for some, it would probably be best to talk to the host beforehand and ask for his approval. I'd recommend participating "out of competition" like David usually does - so your results will not be considered for the prizes.

As for the "official" competitions and events, that's for EW to decide of course. But I'd think that they want employees to stay out of them...
This would just be for official community comps run by EW :)

Cool thanks guys, let just start off and see how it goes. To date I have never won an official community comp outside the usual roster. If it becomes an issue we can deal with it later. But I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it all :) Cheers <3

Return to “Competitions”