Competitions [PM about joining competitions on http://www.thehunter.ga]

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
ArwenerI
Spotter

Competitions [PM about joining competitions on http://www.thehunter.ga]

Post by ArwenerI »

Competitions. Join! http://www.thehunter.ga Did anyone knows why i recieved such a message? Is that safe? None of my friends recieved this.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Competitions

Post by outrider »

i don't think i would want to trust it....better safe than sorry...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

That site belongs to AK76 (Light Prey competition host - link). It's safe for browsing. Not so sure about spamming or why a guy who claims to be from Ecuador uses a domain from Gabon.

A screenshot of the site main page:
Spoiler:

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

spamming advertisements on the game messaging system is a clear violation of the game code of conduct. I will check into this.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

As a general rule of thumb, if you receive a message from someone you don't know via the website and it contains a link, be very careful about opening it. In this case the link is safe, but there's no way to know until you check.
Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

Guys!
You all use this site, it's safe!
The fact that I use the domain .GA is from the "GAme" and it was free.
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
«Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war» (Napoleon Bonaparte, 1812)
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

1 - .GA is is the country code top-level domain for Gabon. Nothing to do with "game". But, yes, registration for this domain is free.
2 - This topic was created by someone who was spammed, so some investigations and eventual actions are highly required, Tod. Thanks for taking this on your capable hands.
3 - What really bothers me (and i write this perfectly knowing that i may be banned) is that someone forcibly advertise for a site where sponsorship are requested (see the screenshot above). This is not in the spirit of this community and should not be accepted or tolerated.

Upon a search, i found this paragraph in the Code of Conduct:
Advertising
Advertisements are not allowed. By "advertisements" we mean unnecessary and excessive links to sites members are affiliated with, as well as solicitations or items for sale . Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non profit website, etc.
Last edited by JackRbbt on November 6th, 2017, 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spoiler:

Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

JackRbbt wrote:.GA is is the country code top-level domain for Gabon. Nothing to do with "game". But, yes, registration for this domain is free.
Now popular domains .CO from the "COmpany", while no one is wondering what is the domain of Colombia
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
«Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war» (Napoleon Bonaparte, 1812)
Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

JackRbbt wrote:
Ak76 wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:.GA is is the country code top-level domain for Gabon. Nothing to do with "game". But, yes, registration for this domain is free.
Now popular domains .CO from the "COmpany", while no one is wondering what is the domain of Colombia
Following your logic, then .fk is from "f..k", not from Falkland Island, right?
This is your logic.
Confirmation of the information that I provided to you you can find on the Internet.
Be well!
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

JackRbbt wrote:1 - .GA is is the country code top-level domain for Gabon. Nothing to do with "game". But, yes, registration for this domain is free.
I answered that
JackRbbt wrote:2 - This topic was created by someone who was spammed, so some investigations and eventual actions are highly required, Tod. Thanks for taking this on your capable hands.
If I invited a person to my competition, seeing that he likes to compete, I do not see anything wrong with that.
JackRbbt wrote:3 - What really bothers me (and i write this perfectly knowing that i may be banned) is that someone forcibly advertise for a site where sponsorship are requested (see the screenshot above). This is not in the spirit of this community and should not be accepted or tolerated.
To leave the competition without showing a result - is not in the spirit of the community. ;)
And the fact that I'm looking for sponsors in order for the community to have more fun - I think it's not bad.
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }

Return to “Competitions”