Competitions [PM about joining competitions on http://www.thehunter.ga]

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Ak76
Spotter

Re: Competitions

Post by Ak76 »

1. Advertising on a site that I administer is not present and I officially declare that I do not set any goals for promoting this site (if there are people who believe that the traffic from 100 people who view the forum can take some benefit - this is ridiculous)
2. I invite people not to MY competitions, but to community competitions (in the end, all the hosts will benefit from this)
3. I have not received a refutation from the EW that their position is erroneous. Their position is absolutely logical (if you sit at a table with a group of like-minded people and invited them to a party - this in no way can be regarded as SPAM)
4. I think that by inviting people to the competitions I do good to the community (of course, many think that the fewer people participate, the easier it is to win - it's true, but this is an erroneous approach).
5. If the UHC decides to deny me the organization of the competitions on the grounds that I invited several people, I hope it will be appreciated by thinking people.

Thank you for concideraction!
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
«Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war» (Napoleon Bonaparte, 1812)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

*sigh*
You just don’t get it, do you
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

OK, let's hear community voice. I set up a poll here. Please cast your vote!
Spoiler:

Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

Thank you for trying to get community feedback.
Only you did not correctly put the question.
To know whether the message is undesirable you can only by sending the first message and receiving a refusal,
which was the answer from the EW and I completely agree with this.

The question should sound like this:

"Can Host invite people to community competitions via in-game mail?"
Voting
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
«Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war» (Napoleon Bonaparte, 1812)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Ak76 wrote:To know whether the message is undesirable you can only by sending the first message and receiving a refusal,
which was the answer from the EW and I completely agree with this.
So a player would have to respond to you with a refusal or the messages would keep coming? In other words I have to opt out of something I never signed up for?

You should have let this die but I guess any publicity is good publicity.
Spoiler:
Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:I guess any publicity is good publicity.
I agree only with this.

According to your logic, if a person simply added you as a friend, then this is spam. You did not invite him, did you?
But the system suggests denying those "friends" you do not want to have.
I'm sure (and I got support for my opinion from the "god" in the person of the EW) that it is absolutely permissible to invite a person to the competition if the host sees that he actively competes in official competitions.
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Ak76 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:I guess any publicity is good publicity.
I agree only with this.

According to your logic, if a person simply added you as a friend, then this is spam. You did not invite him, did you?
I'm sure (and I got support for my opinion from the "god" in the person of the EW) that it is absolutely permissible to invite a person to the competition if the host sees that he actively competes in official competitions.
But I do not have to send a message of refusal but rather just not accept the request. I should not be required to respond in order to not get spammed
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Ak76 wrote:...
1. If someone added me as friend, i am notified and i can accept or deny the request. If someone send me an unsolicited message, i have to read it. That's the difference between an official request and a spam message. And that is what you don't understand!
2. Who is entitled to decide if a player "actively competes" in official competitions? I don't believe that an EW "god" provides you a list with people that are competing more often than others in their official competitions! And what has to do official competitions with community competitions?
3. Just out of curiosity, do you ever asked yourself how many messages with invitations were sent by most active hosts of community competitions (David, Nightmare, BCKidd or Tod. I apologize if i omitted someone)? I can tell you: ZERO!
Spoiler:

Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

Activity and interest of the player in competitions EW kindly grants to any player!
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/{nic}/trophies

All invitations are one-off and will never be repeated.
Because unfortunately in-game mail does not have the functionality of deleting messages.
So one sent message will be enough to make the player interested in community competitions now, later or never.
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

For the moment this thread is locked... Go and enjoy your weekends. Its a shame it has had to get to this stage. The whole argument is just really poisonous on the community and that's not happening on my watch. This will be reviewed next week and a decision will be made.

Return to “Competitions”