Twins

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Twins

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I'm sorry Tod, but why not reward posting a score early by using the time the second animal of the pair was posted on UHC? Your suggestion doesn't punish sandbagging at all. Then I'd rather go for score as tiebreaker. But well, your comp - your rules of course! :D
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm sorry Tod, but why not reward posting a score early by using the time the second animal of the pair was posted on UHC? Your suggestion doesn't punish sandbagging at all. Then I'd rather go for score as tiebreaker. But well, your comp - your rules of course! :D
That's exactly what he's doing. The date of the last animal in the pair is considered, and the earliest of those dates from both teams would result in the higher position on the leaderboard.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm sorry Tod, but why not reward posting a score early by using the time the second animal of the pair was posted on UHC? Your suggestion doesn't punish sandbagging at all. Then I'd rather go for score as tiebreaker. But well, your comp - your rules of course! :D
That's exactly what he's doing. The date of the last animal in the pair is considered, and the earliest of those dates from both teams would result in the higher position on the leaderboard.
I understood Tod as he's using the date of harvest, not the date of posting the animal. Which would not punish sandbagging because I could find two good animals on day one and hold them back until the last hour and still be in first place in case of a tie.
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I understood Tod as he's using the date of harvest, not the date of posting the animal. Which would not punish sandbagging because I could find two good animals on day one and hold them back until the last hour and still be in first place in case of a tie.
Ah, I see. My mistake. I think it's all somewhat irrelevant because I would consider the mathematical probability of an exact tie to be somewhat negligible.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:Ah, I see. My mistake. I think it's all somewhat irrelevant because I would consider the mathematical probability of an exact tie to be somewhat negligible.
Hmmm, do you think? Depending on the number of participants, I'd expect multiple zeros, but we'll see! ;)
Image Image Image
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

@Tr_EmirAdakul:
I've also sent you a PM in-game, but if you read this: I'm sorry that I rejected your invitation for this comp, but I already talked to my friend Hossein yesterday and though we haven't officially formed our team yet, we decided to hunt together for this one. Because of this, I had to reject your invitation - please don't take it personal.
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Thanks, Jack. I noticed there were 2 teams without names a bit ago. I think they may have went back & created another team to add the name.

I added a check to make sure an invite can't be sent without a team name.

Should be all fixed now (I hope)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Need some help here.

I went to the enrollment site to check out the format; I swear I didn't click submit or anything, but it shows I am registered. So, after discussing with my secret partner what our team name would be, how far in front of everyone else we would be, etc., I went to sign up our team. Alas! There is a WITHDRAW button. What can I do to sign up our team? (flame away.. :lol: I know, if I can't figure this out, how the heck are we ever going to find anything on a reserve?) Good thing my pard is the brains of this outfit!

Good luck for second place, everyone!

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Stan, beside "Withdraw" button, are 3 links. Click on "Participants" and a screen will shows up, and there is a clear link to make teams and choose/invite your partner.

About "second place", learn the words well, because there are some "Beasts on the loose". ;)
Spoiler:

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Tod1d wrote:Thanks, Jack. I noticed there were 2 teams without names a bit ago. I think they may have went back & created another team to add the name.

I added a check to make sure an invite can't be sent without a team name.

Should be all fixed now (I hope)
Yes, all looks all right to me now. Thanks!
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”