Twins

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Twins

Post by Tod1d »

Our first UHC team competition.
2 man teams. Each team member must submit a polar bear or a red fox.
The team with the closest 2 scores wins.
Starts- Mon Dec 4th 2017, 00:00 UTC (Sun Dec 3rd, 19:00 EST)
Ends- Sun Dec 10th 2017, 23:59 UTC (18:59 EST)

Rules and Conditions

Species: Polar Bear & Red Fox
Reserves: Any
Weapons: Any permitted
Scoring: difference between the 2 scores
Special Requirements:
  • Each player must submit one of the animals.
Expedition (Hunt) Requirements:
  • Hunts must begin after the comp start, and end before the comp ends.
  • Scoresheets can be submitted any time up to 90 minutes after the comp ends.
  • Hunts must be at least 30 minutes real time (1 game hour) (No Spawn-mashing)

Registration - REGISTER HERE
Registration is required prior to beginning a hunt from which scores are submitted. Participants can register right up until the end of the competition.
One person from each team should create a team & invite the other player. (Team captain?)
If you are not your team captain, skip this step. Click "Enroll in this competition", but don't create a team or invite anyone.
The teammate will receive a message on UHC, and be able to accept or decline the invitation.
If you have a pending invitation, either the captain or the teammate, you will not be able to invite anyone else until that invitation has been answered.

Scoresheet - SCORESHEET HERE
Participants must submit their competition entries using the scoresheet. Submissions are individual scoresheets, not hunt summaries (expeditions).

Leaderboard - LIVE LEADERBOARD HERE
The leaderboards for this competition will be updated in real time. Please use the link above to keep track of the competition.

Prizes
The prizes for this competition are as follows:

1st Place: 1000 em$ (to each team member)
2nd Place: 500 em$ (to each team member)
3rd Place: Trophy (to each team member)

Trophies
Novelty high resolution trophies (unofficial trophies which do not appear on theHunter website) will be issued to the top 3 finishers.
ImageImageImage
Questions?
Please feel free to ask on this forum thread, or send me a private message.

What if there's a tie? In the event of a tie, the first pair that was harvested will win. (i.e. the team with the last animal harvested, of the 4 animals in question, will take the lower spot on the leaderboard.)

Errors & Bugs
If you find an error in this thread, or a bug with the competition system, please send me a private message.

Conditions
I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition.
I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time.
UHC and competition hosts reserve the right to disqualify any participant at their discretion for any reason, including but not limited to:
cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, et. al.
Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring site will be addressed by UHC or the competition host as expediently as possible.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Ak76
Spotter

Re: Twins

Post by Ak76 »

Excellent competition to pacify kind "enemies"!
Dear "enemies" - invite me!
I will deny all of you :D (joke)
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
«Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war» (Napoleon Bonaparte, 1812)
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Let me understand this clearly: one team member submits the polar bear, the other submits the red fox. Is that correct?
Spoiler:

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

JackRbbt wrote:Let me understand this clearly: one team member submits the polar bear, the other submits the red fox. Is that correct?
Yes, sir. But it can be either one, and you can swap as you go. But on the final leaderboard, your team will have 2 animals, and you can only have harvested one of them, and your teammate must have harvested the other.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

All clear, thanks! Now, allow me to enroll, i tried and seems that things are not working yet. (BTW, i love the announcement URL! :P )
Spoiler:

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...So i submit a red fox of 29.00 and my teammate submits a polar bear of 29.01 = 00.01 is our score ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:But it can be either one, and you can swap as you go. But on the final leaderboard, your team will have 2 animals, and you can only have harvested one of them, and your teammate must have harvested the other.
So can we update our entries as often as we want to? And when we update, do we lose the old animal?
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

JackRbbt wrote:All clear, thanks! Now, allow me to enroll, i tried and seems that things are not working yet. (BTW, i love the announcement URL! :P )
Sorry Jack. It should be working now.

Oops, I guess I should have changed that url after testing, eh? :D
DYEUZ wrote:...So i submit a red fox of 29.00 and my teammate submits a polar bear of 29.01 = 00.01 is our score ?
Yes
Tanngnjostr wrote:So can we update our entries as often as we want to? And when we update, do we lose the old animal?
Yes, but there is no sandbagging rule in effect, so you could put the old one back.
The hunts must still start after the comp starts, and after you enroll, and must end before the comp ends, but you can go back & submit any valid animal from any of those hunts.

That way, you can both hunt for polar bears & red fox, and as you go find the 2 from the whole week that have the smallest difference, as long as they were not both harvested by the same player.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'm in! Enrolled. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Wow...cool. Gotta find a partner! (no...not you AK76)
(joke :D )

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Competitions”