Dissapointed again with community made competitions...

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
MetalMind
Outfitter

Dissapointed again with community made competitions...

Post by MetalMind »

I was really happy when I saw new grey wolf competitions. Then what I saw... "Harvest as many wolfes as possible in single hunt". Come on, this is another example of competition created for people that play 24/h... no chance for people who have work, life... how such competition could even win and become official? :roll: :evil:
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Dissapointed again with community made competitions...

Post by Pittie »

I agree. :(
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

the whole competion-thing needs an overhaul:

1; many community created comps are fine, but there are some that are a little off with the superspecial requirements. instead of "first harvest of x animal with x weapon on x plattform over a distance of x meters without a scope" why not implement something less spcial; f.e. i always wondered that there is a female deer with antlers and has no competions of its own?!

2; i think most of the comps should also possible to be played in MP

3; the timesetting needs a change too (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=79581)

4; old unique trophies instead of one for all

sorry for hijacking the thread
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Agree also .
Not for me are the comps with longest distances and as many as you can harvest animals .
Can't be on my PC non-stop for those . Some like them for sure , but where is the realism in these comps ?
No hunting skills needed and not realistic at all imo . Never seen such comps in real life .
tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I usually only stick to comps where scores are determined by the highest scoring animal. Some of my faves are .44 Mule Deer Hunt, Muley Bow Special, 9 O'Clock Moose, King of the Whitetail, etc. I don't have the time or patience to want to try and set up for long shot competitions with no scope or whatever. To each their own... I'm sure there are some who enjoy those kind of comps. For me though I really only stand a chance if I get lucky and a big buck/bull/etc. comes into play. I simply can't sit at my computer desk for 12 hours shooting every single hog I see.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

A competition designed to reward the players who extend the most effort? What a crazy concept! ;)

In an seriousness, I don't personally participate in those competitions and never will, because I, like you, don't want to invest the time to do it. That being said, I see no problem with rewarding the players that do invest that time. They certainly deserve it. There aren't that many of those comps out there in the grand scheme of things.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Different strokes for different folks....That's why there are several different types of comps for each species. Not everyone is going to enjoy every type, but there are people who like to do long all day hunts. If this were the ONLY wolf comp, then sure, I'd agree, but since there are several others I don't see why those people can have the type of comp they like.

BTW, a single hunt is really only about 7 hours real-time (actual game-play), not 24h. When I go hunting IRL, it's usually an all day 8-10 hour outing, so there is nothing "unrealistic" about a hunt that lasts 7 hours.
Personal Bests...
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Fletchette wrote:Different strokes for different folks....That's why there are several different types of comps for each species. Not everyone is going to enjoy every type, but there are people who like to do long all day hunts. If this were the ONLY wolf comp, then sure, I'd agree, but since there are several others I don't see why those people can have the type of comp they like.

BTW, a single hunt is really only about 7 hours real-time (actual game-play), not 24h. When I go hunting IRL, it's usually an all day 8-10 hour outing, so there is nothing "unrealistic" about a hunt that lasts 7 hours.
John, check some hunts from similar competitions history. And don't be surprised if you'll see 12-14-16-20+ hours hunts. The rules states "single hunt", not "single day". ;)

BTW, where have you been, i miss some challenges.. :)
Spoiler:

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

JackRbbt wrote:
Fletchette wrote:Different strokes for different folks....That's why there are several different types of comps for each species. Not everyone is going to enjoy every type, but there are people who like to do long all day hunts. If this were the ONLY wolf comp, then sure, I'd agree, but since there are several others I don't see why those people can have the type of comp they like.

John, check some hunts from similar competitions history. And don't be surprised if you'll see 12-14-16-20+ hours hunts. The rules states "single hunt", not "single day". ;)

BTW, where have you been, i miss some challenges.. :)
Understood, that's why I said "actual game-play" is only 7 hours real-time. If I recall correctly, when you pause a SP game the game-clock stops, but the statistical "hunt time" is still running, so I assume those people are stretching the 7 hours (14 hours game-time) out over a day or more by playing a few hours, then pausing the game, then continuing later.

I guess they could also be trying to extend the hunt to a second day, but we all know that doesn't work very well because of the issue with harvesting animals on hunts extended to another day.

Yeah, I've been on a bit of a break from gaming the last several months. Burned out a bit I guess. Also it's IRL hunting season, so there is that.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Competitions”