LIGHT PREY | 3500 em$

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Re: LIGHT PREY | 3500 em$

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Hi guys, I've been having problems trying to enter a score. I play the game on steam, and when I call up the stats for the last hunt it doesn't give me an expidition number. If I try to get the same information from the hunter.com, all I get is this... https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/jagg ... ics/latest No expedition number. I have refreshed the page repeatedly without any change. By the time this is resolved the 90 mins limit will have elapsed and a hunt will have been wasted.
Is there something obvious I am missing ?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

You have to go to your hunt history (where your last hunt also shows). The last hunt cannot be referenced and changes every time your last hunt changes. So click the hunt history tab, then click the topmost hunt and you will get the expedition ID.

For example, your last hunt:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/jagg ... n/77271440
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Thanks for the reply David. I've been doing exactly as you said but it just kept listing it as "latest" I've only now just managed to get an expedition number through, and as I expected it was not accepted when I tried to enter it. I've noticed this happening recently and thought nothing of it till now, meaning my last hunt would show up only as though it was still active, or only show the previous hunt. If it's going to take that long to update there is obviously a problem somewhere. I think I'm done ! Thanks again !
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

If you quit the game using Alt-F4, as opposed to escaping to the menu and selecting the quit game option, your hunt should close and update immediately. A lot of players report slow updating times when exiting the game using the conventional method, and I also get it from time to time, although it often seems random. If you would like your hunt to be considered for entry you should make contact with the host of the competition.
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

I'll give that a try for quitting the game, if that works then all is good. I'll also take your advice and contact the host. Thanks again for the quick reply, Cheers !
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

New day, new hunt,
I was tracking a bear which then turned and attacked me. At this point I had travelled 1500 meters. As expected the screen turned red, I then started rolling and bouncing all over the place with no sign of stopping. In mid roll I decided to use a first aid kit, that's when I found myself way up in the sky, with a birds eye view of the entire map. If it wasn't for the fact my back pack didn't double as a parachute it would have been a pleasant journey. Freefalling back to earth I was thinking, will I come to a stop on land, or fall into the water and freeze. After receiving the message saying I was leaving the reserve, I fell into the water and suffered hypothermia. When I fast travelled to a lodge I had travelled 12,088 meters, not bad in just over 1 hour real time. The huntermate shows I had travelled out to sea, way beyond the furthest icebergs on the north west, and then over to the far east of the map. I think I "may just" be over my maximum travelling speed. :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Yeah, bad time for a bug like that when you're in a comp that has a travel distance limit. Never mind, at least you got a nice view of the map on the way down ;)
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Very nice it was too! So we already have climbing gear, any chance of introducing base jumping to the game ?
Ak76
Spotter

Post by Ak76 »

I started the server TeamSpeak 3: thehunter.ga
Access is free. Welcome! (32 users max.)
If there is a person with experience who wants to administer it, configure and do everything beautifully - write me in PM, I will give access.
Regards,
{ Sorry my English }
«Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war» (Napoleon Bonaparte, 1812)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Ak76 wrote:...
I started the server TeamSpeak 3: thehunter.ga
Access is free. Welcome! (32 users max.)
If there is a person with experience who wants to administer it, configure and do everything beautifully - write me in PM, I will give access.
I tried to PM you, but it was not delivered. Your inbox must have thousands of PMs with applications to do your work for you. :P

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Competitions”