"1st Annual Fall Hunt on Redfeather Falls" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: "1st Annual Fall Hunt on Redfeather Falls" by BCKidd

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Very frustrating comp. 5-1/2 hours real time. Last animal I shot was a WT that I hit dead center in the chest. Said liver. Since I thought ALL animals had to be lungs/heart, I quit thinking I was DQ for that hunt. Now I see here where it says just the ones that are submitted. I also see hear it NOW says a right lung, or a left lung, or heart, or any combination. The rules clearly state, lungs/heart. I interpreted that to mean BOTH lungs/or both lungs and heart or just heart. Now it says differently in the hosts last post.

Just to clarify..this is what the ROE says. Lungs...plural...means both lungs to me.

1-Moose only the heaviest counts- Heart/ and or Lungs must be hit.

1-Roosevelt Elk only the heaviest counts- Heart/ and or Lungs must be hit.

1-Black Bear only the highest score counts- Heart/ and or Lungs must be hit.

1-White Tail only the highest score counts- Heart/ and or Lungs must be hit.

5-1/2 hours and I had to give up a 608kg Moose. Ticks me off.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Hi BCKidd, I asked the question earlier regarding the hunt carrrying over to the next day. As I was almost at the end of the day and the game was on pause I decided to carry on.
Huge mistake ! the first animal I shot was an elk in the range of 460 to 500 kg. Problem is the game won't let me harvest the animal. I've taken a screenshot via steam but I have no idea how to post it in the forum. Obviously I can't enter it as a score, but now my hunt stats will show 1 more shot fired than animals harvested. I can try to leave the game on pause, but any interuption and I may run outside the 1 1/2 hour window to post the scores.
Does anyone know how to get past this bug ? I fear this was a long hunt ( not constant ) completely wasted.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

JaggyBunnet wrote:Hi BCKidd, I asked the question earlier regarding the hunt carrrying over to the next day. As I was almost at the end of the day and the game was on pause I decided to carry on.
Huge mistake ! the first animal I shot was an elk in the range of 460 to 500 kg. Problem is the game won't let me harvest the animal. I've taken a screenshot via steam but I have no idea how to post it in the forum. Obviously I can't enter it as a score, but now my hunt stats will show 1 more shot fired than animals harvested. I can try to leave the game on pause, but any interuption and I may run outside the 1 1/2 hour window to post the scores.
Does anyone know how to get past this bug ? I fear this was a long hunt ( not constant ) completely wasted.
There is no way to get past it. This is a well known bug which is most likely not going to be fixed any time soon. The best solution to this bug in my opinion, would be to just scrap the next day hunting option to avoid players hitting this issue. Force the player to retire and quit the game at the end of the day.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your hunt is unfortunately ruined. It is for the host to decide whether to allow your expedition to be used.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

That's a pity, JaggyBunnet, but as caledonianblues said: you should never carry over your hunt to the next day because of that bug, especially not if you absolutely need to harvest every animal for the competition rules.

I looked at your hunt statistics and your score would've put you into fifth place at the moment, so while you're losing some nice scores, you're still not losing a top place. I'd say it's a lesson learnt and off to the next try? Good luck! :)
Image Image Image
JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Thanks for the quick replies chaps, I feared as much. :( Does this bug only show up on a hunt that carries over ? If so, I may find it in me to try again.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JaggyBunnet wrote:Thanks for the quick replies chaps, I feared as much. :( Does this bug only show up on a hunt that carries over ? If so, I may find it in me to try again.
The problem that you cannot harvest animals when carrying over the hunt to the second day is old and familiar. With a few very very rare exceptions (which were probably due to a different bug) I've never had problems to harvest animals on day one. So you should be fine for another try!
Image Image Image
grancazador
Scout

Post by grancazador »

**Bonus Prizes**: Sponsored by DYEUZ!

To all top 4 finishers, you will be awarded: 500$em for each rare; *Moose, *WT, or *Roosevelt Elk in your final submission at the end of the competition.

i.e.
*If a player gets 1 rare in his/her final submission at the end of the competition, he/she will receive 500$em .
**If a player gets 2 rare in his/her final submission at the end of the competition, he/she will receive 1000$em .
***If a player gets 3 rare in his/her final submission at the end of the competition, he/she will receive 1500$em .

Could someone please clarify if the non-typical counts as rare and enter in the classification for the bonus prize

regards.
Spoiler:
Buena Caza
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

grancazador wrote:Could someone please clarify if the non-typical counts as rare and enter in the classification for the bonus prize
Only DYEUZ can say that definitely, but I don't think so. If I understood this bonus rule correctly, the rares need to be part of the submitted animals and non-typicals can't be submitted as per competition rules.

EDIT: I just saw you got a NT whitetail deer and a melanistic moose cow in your last hunt. Even though it's probably no good for the bonus, congrats to that. :)
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hello guys
The NT deer is not accepted as '' rare '' for the bonus .

If some never knew about '' extended the hunt to another day bugs '' , we should never extend to another day in this game , for now . This bug been there for a long time . We should be able to get our 4 species in the '' one day '' time frame no problem . But i know why some would want to extend if missing 1 species or so .

As for H/L organs must be hit , its pretty standard now to have it written in that matter and meaning that either H, Ls or any combo of them , must be hit to be legitimate harvest.

Its a demanding comp time wise for sure . Getting your 4 species in 1 hr real time would be very lucky to get . Since they don't roam all in the same spots , we need to walk, work more than usual i guess.
Still lots of time guys to give it a try . Keep hunting and good things will happen . ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

KingKong1
Scout

Post by KingKong1 »

It isn’t correct about the 1hour. The Hunt has to be at least 1 hour . :D

Return to “Competitions”