Elk Stake comp ?

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
LEFLOR
Scout

Elk Stake comp ?

Post by LEFLOR »

I have a small problem with this competition : Elk Stake
(The average score of your 3 best elk in the Rocky Mountains, taken with any crossbow, will be your entry into the competition. Shot in the heart and / or lungs. The highest average wins.)

- I activated it
- I played as a single player
- I killed a few elk with the Ten Point, I had no message after confirmation of the animal that he counted for the competition. I have one with (heart + 1 lung) and 4 with (1 lung without heart)

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/cart ... n/75680599

Is this normal ?
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Re: Elk Stake comp ?

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi LEFLOR
I think the problem comes from the fact that you have touched other organs in addition to heart and / or lungs so your RME don't count.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Here is a general list of possible reasons why a result did not count in a competition. Might be worth checking.
http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Com ... F_Missions

I see nothing wrong with your animals. I can only imagine that they forgot to state "Other organs may not be hit.". There are such competitions.

Also, EW counts the neck as organ at least in the RM Elk competition "Elf, Elm, Elk". I had an animal not count after I had hit lung and neck.

If you have checked the list and feel you meet all requirements, try shooting them from the side. If you then only hit lungs for example, you can tell if the issue is with you or with the comp. In most cases the comps work correctly. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

I checked, except to have touched other organs, but in this case it is an oversight in the description of the competition ...

I checked the previous competition and looked at the 6th to the leaderboard (randomly selected)
He have 8 elk : 4 heart or lung alone, 4 heart or lung + other organ, only counted without other organs. Just an oversight of description in the competition.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Half a year later and this still isn't fixed? Just wasted time in this comp only to have elk not count it seems as other things were hit...

Cmon EW, these easy fixes that go forever untouched are the kinds of things that just frustrate everyone.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

why a waste of time? you just have to make a clean kill. the only problem is the not clear enough description and that the bug-report from marc wasnt considerded. see also http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... lk#p912641
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Granti wrote:why a waste of time? you just have to make a clean kill. the only problem is the not clear enough description and that the bug-report from marc wasnt considerded. see also http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... lk#p912641
Because the description is not clear, had I known I could only hit hear and/or lungs I would have set up my shots differently to make sure they did count but since EW has an issue adding "only" I had no idea did not setup the shots as required and time/kills wasted.

Also gm$ wasted on ammo as currently hunting as guest.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

sorry, didnt read carefully enough, thought you mean the comp as such.

and yes, its a shame, that those little things cant get fixed. especially when there was already a bug report.

Return to “Competitions”