The "Official 1st Annual Late Summer Heavy Comp." (SP)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
saldas1983
Hunter

Re: The "Official 1st Annual Late Summer Heavy Comp." (SP)

Post by saldas1983 »

I was looking forward to introduction of ptarmigans, but now I can say, I wish we would never had them in the game. And the worst thing is that we have 3 species of them. So now 3 reserves are made worse then they been/could be.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

What bugs me even more than the sound is the fact that the ibex area is littered with ptarmigan tracks. I like hunting those birds from time to time, but I really wish it wouldn't interfere this much with hunting ibex. Would be cool if there was a way to distinguish small game tracks from medium and big game tracks.
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Would be cool if there was a way to distinguish small game tracks from medium and big game tracks.
Yes , like different colors for each . So in lower part of VDB, rabbits, roe deer ,red deer would have their own colors and made you feel like you took a LSD cap . :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hard to find a nice bison in moose paradise . Wish i had kept the moose for last :lol:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

DYEUZ wrote:Hard to find a nice bison in moose paradise . Wish i had kept the moose for last :lol:
Goats and Moose... no problem getting heavy ones usually... I can't find one to save myself anywhere now haha
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

THIRTEEN HOURS and COUNTING! Man, I have had some very bad-luck as of late. The BC, smoke filled skies has been playin' havoc on my sattelite reception. T'day the rain is coming down, which we need badly here in BC. The wild-fires are many and we have lost a lot of our wild lands. BOT- (Back on topic)- , six animals to get to fill my roster- looks like we have a new 1st place contender. I see that even Rad, has applied his skills to a couple of kills- three kills tho' ain't gonna cut it. My next comp coming 'round in a few months will certainly have different ROE- I have shot some good scoring animals during this comp, to only lose them to bad shot-placement, and then having to finish them off with a 2nd shot- next comp that is gonna be a bit different. I'm thinking that maybe if a 2nd shot is needed, one will be allowed- with a vertical bow. Maybe that'll make these comps more appeasing, this ofc is only a thought atm. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

BCKidd wrote:THIRTEEN HOURS and COUNTING! Man, I have had some very bad-luck as of late. The BC, smoke filled skies has been playin' havoc on my sattelite reception. T'day the rain is coming down, which we need badly here in BC. The wild-fires are many and we have lost a lot of our wild lands. BOT- (Back on topic)- , six animals to get to fill my roster- looks like we have a new 1st place contender. I see that even Rad, has applied his skills to a couple of kills- three kills tho' ain't gonna cut it. My next comp coming 'round in a few months will certainly have different ROE- I have shot some good scoring animals during this comp, to only lose them to bad shot-placement, and then having to finish them off with a 2nd shot- next comp that is gonna be a bit different. I'm thinking that maybe if a 2nd shot is needed, one will be allowed- with a vertical bow. Maybe that'll make these comps more appeasing, this ofc is only a thought atm. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
You know I have been thinking about this a lot. I think only an animal that you want to enter needs to be shot once. Because what I'm finding is that it's super frustrating putting so much time into a hunt only to, like you say miss place a shot and all the other animals you had successfully one shot now don't count. The other thing I don't like is at times it looks like I'm spawn mashing now, but what is happening is I miss my first or second shot and then there is no point carrying on with the hunt. But I would happily continue if I knew the next animal I found might be ok to use for the competition. Just my thoughts. I do like the one shot rule though :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

@ TreKiwi... I agree with you on being able to continue your hunt and not having it ruined it totally , if you need to kill with 2 shots a certain animal. Only the one you want to submit is fair enough imo also. Still like the 1 shot rule though .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TreeKiwi wrote:You know I have been thinking about this a lot. I think only an animal that you want to enter needs to be shot once. Because what I'm finding is that it's super frustrating putting so much time into a hunt only to, like you say miss place a shot and all the other animals you had successfully one shot now don't count.
I disagree. I think competitions that impose restrictions are much more fun. They force the hunter to plan and exercise restraint, and they make you dedicate your hunt to that competition. A lot of the official competitions can just be activated and forgotten about. If you happen to harvest a big animal for a competition that you're enrolled in, bonus. If not, no harm done since it didn't impact your hunting style. The unofficial competitions offer far more generous prizes and involve a considerable amount of thought and planning so, in my opinion, participants should be pushed to do things they might not otherwise do. And in the end, I think the result is a far more memorable and rewarding experience for the participants. In the case of this competition, it forces you either to hunt just the animals you need for this competition, or to be absolutely sure before you pull the trigger on another animal that's not going to be submitted.

I've hosted a lot of competitions in which participants have wished they could do X or Y, or wished they didn't have to do X or Y, or that they didn't have to use this weapon or that weapon. That's fair enough, everyone has their own preferences, and no competition can tick every box for every player. But, a competition should be a challenge, and it should make participants work hard to achieve a podium position. It should also, wherever possible, remove the element of luck and place less emphasis on the random number generator that is the spawning mechanism.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Like I say I like the one shot rule. But as long as I don't get accused of spawn mashing haha. But having this rule change like suggested above doesn't really change anything. Presently If I find a big animal and I shoot it and it drops, I just exit the hunt and bank it. If I miss place a shot I don't continue the hunt and start a new one. So with a small rule change. I go ah well, poop happens at least I can keep doing this hunt and don't have to restart. But I still can't submit the nice animal because I shot it twice. It just encourages short hunts as it is. Too much to lose by doing long ones. Btw it's bloody hard shooting on this connection and FPS at times... wish I was on my home computer.

Return to “Competitions”