UHC Multi-Player competitions

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

UHC Multi-Player competitions

Post by Tod1d »

Hi folks,

David & I started a discussion on Team-Based and/or Multi-Player comps. And before making too many assumptions we'd like to get your ideas & feedback.
Team-Based: more than one person per team, each one contributes to final score, but MP is not required. Would work well for people in different time-zones or with different schedules.
True Multi-Player: The Team must hunt together in MP for a hunt to be valid.

We'd like to know your ideas for these types of competitions, and come up with a plan to support them.
We'll let you know what things are possible, and which aren't within the limitations of the software, and what data we have access to.

Thanks for your help.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Re: UHC Multi-Player competitions

Post by BCKidd »

Very good idea, you guys. Awesome. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tod1d wrote:Hi folks,

David & I started a discussion on Team-Based and/or Multi-Player comps. And before making too many assumptions we'd like to get your ideas & feedback.
Team-Based: more than one person per team, each one contributes to final score, but MP is not required. Would work well for people in different time-zones or with different schedules.

We'd like to know your ideas for these types of competitions, and come up with a plan to support them.
We'll let you know what things are possible, and which aren't within the limitations of the software, and what data we have access to.

Thanks for your help.

Be Well

Awesome Ill get my thinking hat on... but it would be super cool! Sleep time for me now... ill get on this tomorrow!

TK
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Yes, yes , yes . :mrgreen: All kind of possibilities ! So many ways to do this . Imo, starting smoothly would be nice . Meaning , hunt requirements / rules / weapons needed and so on .
It would give time for players to team up with others and get used to each other , probably making this a permanent team , who knows .
I like the idea a lot and would have no problems finding comps to propose.

Also great idea ! Seeing your partner shoot an animal and harvest a beast of a score , is one hell of a rush . :P There is the possibility to have a newbie and a veteran together as an idea for a comp . Making ,maybe ,an unforgettable event for both . There too , i could come up with plenty of suggestions for comps . ;)

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Flinter
Scout

Post by Flinter »

Tod1d wrote:Hi folks,

Thanks for your help.

Be Well
Both options would be really cool. I know a couple guys that would love this kind of thing. I'll talk to them and try to come up with some ideas :D
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Very good ideas Tod1d, i said many times that we'll want them since mounths.
As the "showdown" passed events, one team, several players, perhaps only one weapon or one animal.
For myself, i prefer MP game to have a complete experience with team mates.
sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Post by sebusmalinowski »

Hello. We are already doing such competitions in our Virtual Hunting Club "JELEŃ". Way number 2 and is really extra. Teams of 2 people, but I think it would be possible to create for example 4 people playing together on the MP that it was not yet. I ask my administrator whether I can send you our rules you will see how it looks to us. Regards
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

What we're looking for is specific rules & requirements, particularly cases that we don't already have code to handle.

If you were going to host (or compete in) a MP comp, what would the rules be?

Here are a couple ideas that I had...

Team-Based. 2 man teams. Each player submits their best whitetail & the team score is the sum of both player's best harvest.

MP. Players must hunt together in the same MP hunt. Sum of each player's best duck of each species.
Team Score = (Player1 Mallard + Player1 ABD + Player1 Gadwall + Player1 Pintail + Player2 Mallard + Player2 ABD + Player2 Gadwall + Player2 Pintail)

MP. To encourage team hunting & cooperation. Players hunt in pairs. Each player must submit an animal shot as close to 200m as possible.
Team Score = (Player1 Score - abs(Player1 Distance - 200)) + (Player2 Score - abs(Player2 Distance - 200))
Best way to do this is to have one player call the animal to a known spot at 200m, or to "Spot" the animal from next to the other player and report distance.

Thanks for your help.

Be Well
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Team-Based. 2 man teams. Each player submits their best whitetail & the team score is the sum of both player's best harvest.
Yes.These simple comps are the best imo. I would keep away from the comps asking for CSS total and stuff like that , for the beginning anyway .

MP. Players must hunt together in the same MP hunt. Sum of each player's best duck of each species.
Team Score = (Player1 Mallard + Player1 ABD + Player1 Gadwall + Player1 Pintail + Player2 Mallard + Player2 ABD + Player2 Gadwall + Player2 Pintail)
Not a big duck hunter , but the idea is good . Could probably be great for other species as well.

MP. To encourage team hunting & cooperation. Players hunt in pairs. Each player must submit an animal shot as close to 200m as possible.
Team Score = (Player1 Score - abs(Player1 Distance - 200)) + (Player2 Score - abs(Player2 Distance - 200))
Best way to do this is to have one player call the animal to a known spot at 200m, or to "Spot" the animal from next to the other player and report distance.
For distances comps , i'm not a fan at all. Really don't like those in single players anyway . But it could be something different in a team comp for sure .

One thing that came up many times , is that players were asking if they could participate in more than one team . Having couple friends that would like to participate in these kind of comps, would it be well viewed and accepted ? I don't know . Feels a little weird to see a player in more than one team , but then again , what if he wants to team up with other players . For example ,
i'm sure i could team up with 2-3 other of my friends that have maybe no other ones to play with , unless they ask for a teammate on he forum .

Also think that these team comps should not be long ones . The possibility that teammates could be in different country could make it hard to do /to compete .
Being told to have another teammate if its my case then , doesn't do it for me :x

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Those were just examples to show the type of description I'm looking for.
While I appreciate the comments on my ideas, I am looking for your ideas. What MP comps would you like to host or participate in?

I would say, most generally, that one player participating in more than one team would not be widely accepted.
However, if someone wants to host a comp that allows it, we would certainly look into supporting it.

Return to “Competitions”