UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by caledonianblues »

stancomputerhunter wrote:8 hours real time today...I was wrong David, it will take me more than all day for mission #9. Total for 8 hours; 9 Sambar tracked (all but one was a tracking credit for hearing a call), 1 Sambar spotted, 1 Sambar killed. 9 calls in 8 hours! 1 spot in 8 hours! 13.1km traveled. Rains about 70% of the time. Thunder and lightning crashing. Couldn't hear a footstep if it was landing on my own feet. Turn the volume up...can't hear anything because my own footsteps crashing like I'm Shrek walking around. What is really frustrating is when I get to the spot where the call originated, the tracks show the Sambar was walking right toward me. Because of the rain, never heard it..not once. Eventually we met, although I didn't know it, and it spooked. During one point, it rained for 53 game-time minutes in a row.

I distinctly remember you posting that the missions would get harder in the future. I didn't know you meant they would be impossible with normal hunting.

Rant over.
The mission is basically just harvest 5 sambar deer, but make sure you also track and spot them. When I said the missions would get harder, I meant that the missions at the start of a pack will be easier than those at the end. In addition, some packs will be harder than others. I wouldn't class any of the objectives in this pack hard though. The last one is kind of an odd one out. It's not hard, it's just one that will either happen quickly or take some time.

8 hours to get 5 sambar deer seems wrong though. I guess I need to put my money where my mouth is and complete the mission pack!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

caledonianblues wrote:
8 hours to get 5 sambar deer seems wrong though.
Actually, it was 8 hours to get 1 Sambar Deer.

There's a secret to it that I'm completely missing somehow. Since they were introduced I've only spotted 41 of them. I just don't see any. I have tried stalking them, it's very hard without having enough tracking skill to know how old the track is. I don't have any problem with there not being a lure of any kind. The most I have seen at one time is two, I think that was once. I'll just keep plugging away. I hope I can get it done this year.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:There's a secret to it that I'm completely missing somehow. Since they were introduced I've only spotted 41 of them. I just don't see any. I have tried stalking them, it's very hard without having enough tracking skill to know how old the track is. I don't have any problem with there not being a lure of any kind. The most I have seen at one time is two, I think that was once. I'll just keep plugging away. I hope I can get it done this year.
Stan, hunting Sambar surely is a bit tougher than other deer - due to the lack of a caller, the fact that they are a bit more skittish and they often blend pretty well into the thick rainforest. But 1 animal in 8 hours surely seems wrong... I have more Sambar sightings "by chance" in that amount of time, even if I'm not actively looking for them. Either you had some really bad luck in this hunt or a change in strategy is due. Where do you look for them?
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

stancomputerhunter wrote:Actually, it was 8 hours to get 1 Sambar Deer.
You are in Piccabeen Bay right? :)

I will check later to see how many have completed this mission, just out of curiosity.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

This is part of my hunt for that same mission Stan . 2.5 real hours / 9km .

There is no reasons you can't have same results , unless a major factor , which is unknown to me right now .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I would like to publicly thank DYEUZ for taking the time today to be my guide on a Sambar hunt at the correct reserve, Piccabeen Bay...just kidding...I've at least been at the right place for my attempts.

DYEUZ, the guide, showed up late..his pay got docked.. :lol: (j/k..he wasn't getting paid). He then proceeded to guide me around a small section of Piccabeen Bay for 3 hours hunt time, and 1-1/2 hours real time. I spotted 6 Sambar, tracked 11 Sambar, and harvested 5. He makes it look so easy. We started at a tent. Within 2 minutes a Sambar stag walked up to watch us load our weapons, and change in to t-shirts and shorts. He said he would be honored to be shot by either one of us, and as soon as he was harvested, it would be a sign to all the hinds in the area that DYEUZ was now the ALPHA, and they should present themselves to Stan, completely broadside, in the open, and be quick about it.

It was just like he said..1 stag, 4 hinds, all in the wide open spaces, and begging to be shot. 8-)

Thanks again DYEUZ, for the lesson and the fun. :D

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:lol: All my pleasure Stan . Had a good time even if i was handicapped . ;)

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

This is not so much an update at this time, rather just a heads up and an opportunity to gather some initial feedback. I mentioned in a previous update that a new UHC currency was coming soon. The currency is gems, which are virtual stones of varying value.

WHAT CAN I USE GEMS FOR?
When gems are released, they will have a fairly limited use. Over time however, their use will increase. The idea at this stage, is that gems will be used to unlock special features on the UHC website. No such features exist at the moment, but gems will be released alongside the new expedition analyser, and this will have to be unlocked. Think of it as a premium feature, but one that can be unlocked without having to part with real money.

I am also working on customizable profile pages that UHC members will be able to create and share for anyone to look at. These profile pages will be a collection of neat widgets that can be used to present information about your progress in the game, as well as other social media widgets, e.g. YouTube, Twitter and so on. Some of the widgets will be classed as premium and will require you to use gems to unlock them.

Please rest assured, UHC will never ask members to part with real money to purchase anything. Gems are simply a virtual currency that will be used to unlock some special content on the website. A very small percentage of the website will fall into the premium category.

HOW ARE GEMS OBTAINED?
Gems can and will be rewarded for competitions, prize draws, missions, and practically any other kind of special event. In addition, it will be possible to buy gems with UHC points. If you refer to the image above, you will see the corresponding value of each gem in UHC points. It also works the other way around. If you win a gem in a competition or event, you will be able to sell it for UHC points if you prefer to save those up to redeem them for em$ in the game.

THOUGHTS?
I realise the thought of unlocking things is odd for a website that is already entirely free, and I also know that the term "premium" is somewhat controversial around here. Like I said though, this is not an underhanded strategy. It is just something to spice up the website, and a way of adding another unique virtual currency that we can expand upon over time.

I mentioned above that the expedition analyser will have to be unlocked. To give you an example, this will cost one emerald, which is the same as 500 UHC points. All members get this when they register to become a member. A standard mission pack pays out 1,500 UHC points. So, once again, this is not something that will ever cost anyone a cent.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx for another great idea . Anxious to see what it will turn out to be ,how it will work for us .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Wow! This is a great idea.
Thanks, David.
caledonianblues wrote:...These profile pages will be a collection of neat widgets that can be used to present information about your progress in the game...
This is cool. It reminds me the old version of theHunter's website! :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”