UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by caledonianblues »

stancomputerhunter wrote:There are so many comments that could be made here. :lol:
Haha, priceless :lol:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
leafman1 wrote:I have checked my junk and don't see anything there either
There are so many comments that could be made here. :lol:
This belongs on the Hall of Fame of awesome forum quotes :lol: :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
LMAO! :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

BCKidd wrote:
Radamus wrote:
LMAO! :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd
LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best quote ever.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Could this be the reason Canadian woman are alway chasing after American men?
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
On the contrary, it is the American men who are constantly chasing after our tough but gorgeous Canadian women! But our girls are seldom fooled, since it's customary to remove your hockey gloves to fight, and/or shake or hold hands! :lol:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JimboCrow wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
On the contrary, it is the American men who are constantly chasing after our tough but gorgeous Canadian women! But our girls are seldom fooled, since it's customary to remove your hockey gloves to fight, and/or shake or hold hands! :lol:
The only time a Canook fights is on the ice and it's usually with a brother or cousin - after they knock each others teeth out they go have drinks together where they get in another fight because one refuses to let the other one pay the bill.
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
The only time a Canook fights is on the ice and it's usually with a brother or cousin - after they knock each others teeth out they go have drinks together where they get in another fight because one refuses to let the other one pay the bill.
:lol: :lol: Hillarious... :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SURVEY RESULTS

First and foremost, Tod and I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to the survey. All respondents should now have received their 150 UHC$ as promised. The feedback has been very encouraging and thanks to some of the great suggestions we received, the UHC roadmap has grown. I will post the survey results below, then include some anonymous suggestions and comments that Tod and I felt were worth acknowledging and responding to. If your comments or suggestions have not been included below, rest assured they were still read and are very much valued and appreciated.

Overall, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the services that UHC provides?

How likely is it that you would recommend UHC to a friend or colleague?

How well do our services meet your needs?

How would you rate the quality of our services?

How reliable do you think the UHC system is?

How satisfied are you with the look and feel of the UHC website?

Please rank the following features in order of your preference that they be developed and introduced by UHC

Overall, we are happy with the results. From the ranking question using the 5 example features provided, improved reporting (with information about lifetime rares) takes the lead, although the results are pretty balanced. The least favoured of the suggestions was an API/SDK for third party integration. As such, we will try to move forward with these results in mind. We will also aim to send out a survey a few times per year, to keep on top of feedback and monitor any changes in how UHC is perceived by its users.

COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS

Moving on to some of the comments and suggestions. Tod and I picked out a handful that we felt warranted some sort of acknowledgement or response, either because they are not possible to implement, or because we thought they were particularly good ideas. For this I will post anonymous quotes then a response after each.
A language selection for German
translations to local languages
Unfortunately, there is a huge amount of work involved in this. It would require UHC to enlist ongoing support either from volunteer translators, or to pay for professional translation services. It would also require every page on the website to be updated, replacing all static text with placeholders that are updated with translated text, based on the chosen language.

We understand that English is not everyone's native language, and that some details can get lost in translation, especially with things like mission and competition objectives, however as UHC is and always will remain a completely free service, it is just not feasible for us to localise the website. Furthermore, if we started down this path, it would open a can of worms. This community is extremely diverse, so we could not stop at just a couple of languages. This is a valid suggestion, and if UHC was a commercial solution it would absolutely be on the roadmap.
Maybe a mobile app?
Absolutely. This is something we have discussed already. When time permits, one will be created for Android/iOS devices.
GUI or simple scripting language to create your own community competitions, taking workload from UHC staff.
The new missions system is based on JSON. That means mission objectives are structured using JSON and the mission system interprets the mission requirements and then checks the expedition(s) against those requirements. It is possible that some of this functionality could in time be ported to the competition system. If this happens, there may be scope to allow competitions to be created from JSON files.
Option to automatically award em$ prizes and/or in-game items in community competitions.
Game inventories and wallets are kept completely private and access to them is not possible via API functions. This means there is no way to automate the deduction of em$ from a host game account, or the crediting of em$ or store items to other accounts. With security being such an important factor, this is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.
EM$ Purchases from $100EMS- and up
For the reason stated above, this is also not going to be possible. UHC is not a reseller of Expansive Worlds services, nor does it have international agreements with card processing companies for taking payments. It is possible to exchange UHC$ for em$, and in the near future, to trade gems for UHC$ which can in turn be exchanged for em$.
Perhaps automatically generated multispecies comps? Perhaps there could be a system that automatically generates multispecies comps on a schedule, with normalized scoring and very basic rules? The prizes wouldn't need to be nearly as large as community comps, instead they could be on par with the official comps.
We could use a simplified template to create a series of competitions with a limited set of variables (species, reserves, weapons, perhaps a few more requirements) and have them rotate on a regular basis or even be randomly generated. However, our intention is not to duplicate or replace the EW official competitions, but to provide a place for players to host their own competitions. This suggestion also seems to imply that UHC would fund the prizes for regularly scheduled competitions. We will occasionally host UHC competitions, and special events, but handing out em$ on such a schedule is not something we want to start.
I agree with others that having to harvest every mission animal in the same hunt is a very annoying and/or frustrating limitation. A way to get around the "in the same hunt" issue for missions would be great.
Agreed. This has now been taken care of.
A way to break a comp leaderboard down into down into a more researchable table. For example, in the Power of Ten comp, it would be great to compare animals by clicking on something. Say you wanted to compare your Reindeer score to every other Reindeer score submitted, you click on "Reindeer" or whatever and are presented with a table with every Reindeer submitted so far, or worst case, after the comp ends.
This is a great idea, and something we will definitely look at implementing for future competitions.
I don't know if this is even possible, but I think it would be great to have a "spawn mash detection system" integrated into the competition system. Something that detects when a player has done some serious spawn mashing during a hunting expedition and disqualifies their entry for doing so, and lets them know why their entry was disqualified.
The competition system has an attempts module (an option for hosts) which effectively circumvents spawn mashing, however it also restricts the competitors for the duration of that competition, often making it harder for them to play the game outside of the competition. There are also other factors which can result in lots of consecutive short hunts, e.g. filling bait sites, server or connectivity issues, etc. To automatically ban players after certain events are detected might result in false positives. Therefore, at this stage, we believe it is better to deal with suspected spawn mashing retrospectively, on a case-by-case basis. So far, it really hasn't been a huge issue. That being said, we have some ideas up our sleeves and will continue to work on this.
A waiting room or lodge where players can relate and chat and perhaps decide to hunt in a multiplayer game together, thou I believe this is already in the process.
The UHC TeamSpeak channel has a lobby which can be accessed by anyone. TeamSpeak can also be used as a text chat client for those without/not happy to use a microphone. The TeamSpeak functionality on the UHC website will be improved over time.
It would great if the logout time could be changed.
Agreed, this is frustrating. The website is moving to new dedicated servers very soon, at which point this and a few other backend things will be changed.
international thehunter championships 2018
We love this idea and think a team-based competition where everyone supports their own country would be a lot of fun. Watch this space.
An UHC event with missions and competitions
This is also a great idea. We have already discussed events and plan to introduce something like this in the future.

PRIZE DRAW
All respondents will be entered into a random prize draw. One lucky winner will win 5,000 em$. The prize draw will take place at 21:00 CET on 1st February 2018. The winner will be notified via forum private message/UHC message.

Once again, a big thank you to everyone who took the time to respond.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

International team comps Hmmm I like!
Who would Canada be grouped with? France or UK? ... I can just hear Jimbo now "What's all that aboot eh?" :lol: ... Turns out your chief isn't Emo Macaroni or Justin Timberlake - It's the Queen mum! :P
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”