UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Stealthhunter wrote:But i have seen competitions hosted by the UHC and other UHC members that have 5000 em as first prize, 3000 em as second, 2000 em as third and an additional 5000 em for the biggest rare. So i was thinking that if some members can do that, they would be able to sponsor something slightly bigger and get a bigger reward.
My reward for sponsoring a competition is to see the community compete, have fun together and evolve. That's what pays me back and I'm willing to pay 5000 em$ for that every now and then. Seeing a roll of the dice isn't fun for me, so I wouldn't pay for that. That's my personal opinion why I wouldn't be willing to sponsor a raffle...
Image Image Image
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Yes i see your point Tanngnjostr. As i was saying it was only a thought and doesn't need to be implemented into UHC. It doesn't matter me if it doesn't get added, i jusst thought of the idea and knew that it couldn't hurt to suggest it. I would hate not to suggest it then someone else suggest it later on and everyone say it was brilliant and it got added. Myself i would rather sponsor a a competition over a raffle.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

It's not a bad idea. In fact, we've been discussing other features and events that we can do.
I just want you to appreciate that the UHC points & gems are 100% free to you and other members, and that UHC is paying for the prizes that we give out. We don't represent EW, and we don't get them for free. Unless an event or comp is sponsored by a member, we (mostly David) is funding the operation of UHC, and any benefits & rewards that come from being a member and participating. ;)

Dig? :D
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

What i fell right now ...

I hope that this great site that is UHC and even greater in the future it will become , will not rush it and add lots of features or any other things to quickly , so that we can appreciate all that its done .
Being able to use slowly all the new stuff that are implemented along the way . Understanding them and really using them . They have been made for a reason right ?
As a member of UHC, i'm starting to get nervous about all that is suggested and all that going to be done ,maybe,in a short time .
There's been lots of stuff added lately and haven't had the chance to check and use all of it yet . Too many stuff going on in The Hunter and UHC right now .

Anyway , just hope that its going to be , for UHC , a slow but effective progression .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DYEUZ wrote:I hope that this great site that is UHC and even greater in the future it will become , will not rush it and add lots of features or any other things to quickly , so that we can appreciate all that its done .
The aim will always be to release quality over quantity. We have the luxury of being able to pick and choose what we want to do, and we always try to come up with features and functionality that benefit the members. Not everything will suit everyone of course, but hopefully there will always be something for everyone.
DYEUZ wrote:As a member of UHC, i'm starting to get nervous about all that is suggested and all that going to be done ,maybe,in a short time .
No need to be nervous. There is a lot in the pipeline and a lot of great ideas waiting to come to fruition. None of it will be at the cost of existing functionality though, and we will always strive to release high quality stuff.

I've been doing a lot in the background to improve the speed and efficiency of much of the backend code, as well as the infrastructure itself. I have just deployed a couple of new servers and will be implementing failover so that if one provider goes down, the site will still be available within a few seconds. The same goes for the TeamSpeak server. Next week I will be moving static data (such as personal best data, as an example) to NoSQL data stores on the Google Cloud Platform, so that this data can be accessed much faster.

The UHC project is heavily invested and there are no plans for it to go anywhere. As long as the game is here, UHC will be around to hopefully add value and give members extra stuff to play around with.

As for prize draws, these are just something I like to do from time to time. Not everyone likes taking part in competitions, so it's just another way for people to have a chance at winning something. There is no expectation on users to host their own. In fact I deliberately didn't create this option since I figured nobody would want to. If anyone does they can contact me directly and I can arrange one.

I used to have a scheduled draw. It was called Anything Can Happen Mondays. You can find it here. It was put on hold because Paymentwall was causing me some issues at the time. Something like this might be revived for UHC at some point but no promises at the moment.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx for this reassurance text.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Willem1974

Post by Willem1974 »

In the UHC I noticed a little thing. When you go to the analyzer it has two tabs, one called Harvest Heatmap, the other Harvestmap. The dots on the map don't really show the place(s) where animals were harvested. They show the place where the shot was made. In my opinion Shot Heatmap and Shotmap should be more appropraite here. Since I see no option to post a message in UHC Apps I post this here.
Signature Stats
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Willem1974 wrote:In the UHC I noticed a little thing. When you go to the analyzer it has two tabs, one called Harvest Heatmap, the other Harvestmap. The dots on the map don't really show the place(s) where animals were harvested. They show the place where the shot was made. In my opinion Shot Heatmap and Shotmap should be more appropraite here.
Are you sure? We have access to the following information:
  • coordinates of the player for every shot made on the animal
  • coordinates of the animal for every shot made on the animal
  • coordinates of the animal at the point of harvest
I just checked the code and it's using the latter to generate both the heat map and harvest map. I would have to go out and do some long shots and make a note of the locations, then double check my hunt. If you're right, then it means the data UHC is receiving from Expansive Worlds is wrong and we probably won't be able to do much about that. Incidentally UHC is using the exact same information as the official scoresheet uses to generate the map, we're just using a different system to generate the map itself, and to place the markers.

I will check this out and get back to you. I'm hoping you're wrong because it's not something I can fix on this end otherwise.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Time for another update.

Complete:
  • UHC referrals
  • Alternative account activation system
  • Infrastructure upgrades
In progress:
  • Mission advisor
  • Customizable profile pages
  • Share your reserve loadouts
  • More missions

UHC REFERRALS
This system allows you to refer players to the UHC website and earn UHC$ and other rewards. For now, each successful referral carries a reward of 250 UHC$. We may increase this in the future, and we may also include additional rewards for multiples of successful referrals. For now, you can access the referral system by logging into your UHC account and selecting Account from the main menu across the top. Then, select the Referrals tab down below.

This page will show you a table containing all referrals that you have made, along with a button that allows you to make a new referral.

In the screenshot above I have used some mock data for demonstration purposes. You can see the status of each referral. This includes whether the UHC account has been activated, whether the user has a valid theHunter membership, whether the user has participated on the UHC website, and whether your referral fee has been paid. Until all columns show a green check, you will not have been paid your referral fee. To explain the columns in a bit more detail:
  • Account Activated - the UHC account must be activated
  • Valid Membership - the new UHC user must have a valid theHunter membership at the point of registering with UHC *
  • UHC Participation - the new UHC user must either participate in a UHC-hosted competition and place on the leaderboard, or complete at least one UHC mission
* This is to prevent users from creating lots of theHunter guest accounts and abusing the referral system

Once all of these checks have passed, the referral fee will be automatically paid.

To refer someone to UHC, just click the New Referral button. That will take you to the following page.

Here you will see your unique referral link at the top of the page. You can either select this and right-click to copy it to your clipboard, or you can use the Copy Referral Link button to automatically copy it to your clipboard. Once you have done so, just issue that link to anyone you want to refer to UHC. So long as they paste that link into their browser when they want to create a UHC account, they will be automatically directed to the registration page, and the account will be linked to your own account as a referral.

Alternatively you can add the new UHC referral widget image to your forum signature, so that if anybody clicks on it and creates a UHC account, you will automatically get the referral. To copy the code for the image to your clipboard, together with your unique referral code, just click the Copy Widget BBCode button. You can then open the signature part of the forum user control panel by clicking here. Pasting the copied code into your signature will add the widget, then whenever someone clicks on it they will be taken to the UHC registration page with your unique referral code.

Hopefully the referral system is self-explanatory but as always, if anyone has any questions, please just ask.

ALTERNATIVE ACCOUNT ACTIVATION SYSTEM
Around 6% of new UHC members do not receive the activation email. I am not sure why. The issue is not specific to a single email provider, so there appears to be no logic or pattern to the problem. So, to reduce the volume of support messages UHC receives, and ensure that people can access their UHC accounts, I have added a new activation option. If you try to log into your account before it has been activated, you will now be taken to an activation screen. There, you will be asked to enter the email address that you used to create your UHC account. Once you enter the email address, a 6-digit activation code will be sent to your theHunter game account as a message (similar to those that Doc sends) from UHC. All you do then is log into your theHunter account via the website, or open the launcher, and check your messages. Copy the code and paste it into the UHC activation screen.

If you enter the activation code correctly your UHC account will be activated instantly. Please note that this is a secondary activation option. The preferred method is to use the activation link sent via email. However, if after checking your spam and junk folders you have definitely not received the email, you can use the alternative activation option.

If anyone has not been able to activate their account, just click on the following link.

http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/activate

INFRASTRUCTURE UPGRADES
The UHC backend has been overhauled. More servers have been deployed in geographically-opposed data centres, offering full redundancy and failover. A NoSQL database has also been deployed to store non-relational data. This will reduce the reliance on the SQL database, resulting in better performance overall. Backend code optimisation is an ongoing thing also, to help improve the efficiency of existing scripts, hopefully reducing page load times. Traffic to the site is also now traversing a large CDN (content delivery network) to ensure optimal routing of traffic and re-routing when carriers experience network problems.

In short, the UHC system should now enjoy 99.999% uptime and over time, the speed of the website should increase, making for a more enjoyable user experience.

That's all for now. As usual, all questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Very skookum stuff! Nice! Thanks for all your and Tod's efforts in making the UHC site so dang functional. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”