UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by DYEUZ »

:? Hey guys , don't do like me for mission pack #2 and try to do it in WHI ! :?

I was in WHI for a comp , because its my better reserve for them and said : Good , i'll be doing the mission at same time . Spotted 3 and it did not register .
Got to read the text i guess . ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Tyvm David, let's go for the second pack :)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Time for another update.

Complete:
  • Expedition analyser
  • Gems
In progress:
  • Mission advisor
  • Customizable profile pages
  • Share your reserve loadouts

EXPEDITION ANALYSER
For more information about the expedition analyser, please refer to this post, where most of the main reporting functionality is explained. A couple of things have been added, and a couple of things have been removed. I added a harvest map which displays an animal marker at each point where an animal was harvested. You can left-click the markers to generate a pop-up showing basic information about the animal, and a link to open the official scoresheet in a new tab. This is different from the harvest heatmap which, as the title suggests, displays only a heatmap of animal harvests. The latter is more useful if you just want to see hotspots. If you want to drill into the specifics of the animals, the former is more appropriate. Hopefully both will be useful.

I also added a UHC Score tab. This tab is still being worked on, but for now you can see a score (out of 100) for any hunt that you analyse. The score is generated based on quality of the animals, shot placement, ethics, accuracy and precision. In the near future, hunts of your own that you analyse (which score 90 points or more) will give you an option to generate BBCode which can be pasted into the forum. This will create a post with information about your hunt (a tiny hunt report with bragging statistics) which will also link to the hunt summary on theHunter website. I may also consider rewarding gems for expeditions that score 100 points, but this requires more thought. I will update on this later.

I removed two tabs from the expedition analyser; "Season Comparison" and "Lifetime Comparison". These were originally intended to show information about how the hunt in question compared to the season and lifetime statistics of the associated hunter. I removed them because they did not provide any meaningful information. The lifetime comparison tab would have been useful if we had personal best information for every player, for every season. We can obtain this information, but unfortunately we can only do so once a player registers to become a UHC member and uses the personal best tool. This is a costly (in terms of resources and API calls) process, so it is not practical to pull that data down for every hunter in advance.

There is no doubt additional information that I could add to the expedition analyser. In time I might do so. If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to post them so we can discuss options. In the meantime, hopefully the tool is useful. Please remember that this feature has to be unlocked. The cost is one emerald. You can buy gems on the website now (see update below).

To access the expedition analyser, you should see a new Toolbox option on the main menu across the top:

Once you click on it, you should see a page that looks like this:

For now, there is only one tool in the toolbox. The expedition analyser. The first time you click on the expedition analyser tile, you will be asked to unlocked it.

If you have not already purchased an emerald, you will see that the Unlock Feature button is greyed out. In this case click the Buy Gems button to be forwarded to the gems store (see more information below). Otherwise click the Unlock Feature button. If you have been given an unlock code by UHC, you can enter this further down on the page.

GEMS
Gems are a new currency on the UHC website. They will be used to unlock certain features and functionality on the website, and can be purchased with UHC$. The expedition analyser must be unlocked with gems, and the cost of this feature is one emerald.

You should see a new icon on the main menu across the top:

Clicking this icon will take you to the gems management options, where you can buy gems, sell them and view a list of all features that you have unlocked using gems. The first page you land on shows your gem inventory.

This page is self-explanatory and simply shows you how many of each gem you own.

The store page, where you can buy gems, should also be pretty self-explanatory. Below each gem you will find controls to increase and decrease the quantity that you wish to buy. At the bottom you will see a running total cost of the gems you "add to your cart". You will also see how many UHC$ you will have left after the purchase. When you have selected the correct quantity of gems that you want to buy simply click the Pay button. Please note that, whilst you can sell gems back to UHC, you only get 50% of their value back. For example, it costs 500 UHC$ to purchase an emerald. If you sell an emerald back to UHC, you will receive only 250 UHC$. So, be sure you want the gem(s) before you click the Pay button.

The sell gems function is pretty much the same as the buy function. You use the + and - controls to select the quantity of gems you wish to sell, then click the Sell button. The unlocks tab at the end just shows you a table summary of all features that you have unlocked using gems.

ACCOUNT SHARING
Please note that a detection system has been implemented to alert UHC against account sharing. This is now more important due to the fact that some features have to be unlocked. Please do not share your UHC account with anyone else. Doing so may result in your UHC account being banned. Thank you for your understanding.

Have fun :)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Thank you David, as always. I am anxious to try this out and post my impressions. It looks great though. Gracias!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Lovely thing that is. I just gave it a go. Easy to follow instructions- this is always a plus. Great info too. Thank you UHC! Question tho' once we unlock the Expedition analyzer does it remain unlocked, or do we need to unlock it every time? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Great new feature, David. Seems I have to go buy an emerald now...
Image Image Image
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Works great, but I found two small issues yet:
1) My expedition is shown as "Multiplayer" even though I'm pretty sure it was SP. Talking about that one: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/tann ... n/79158125
2) On the harvest map, it's impossible to select certain animals if two or more have been shot at the same spot. If it's different species, the selector in the lower left corner can be used, but if it's multiple animals of the same species and the windows overlap, there should be something like a selection screen.
Image Image Image
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Exceptional work, thanks for this very useful tool
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

BCKidd wrote:Question tho' once we unlock the Expedition analyzer does it remain unlocked, or do we need to unlock it every time?
Once you unlock a feature, it remains unlocked forever.
Tanngnjostr wrote:My expedition is shown as "Multiplayer" even though I'm pretty sure it was SP.
This should now be fixed. That's what happens when I spell a variable "singlplayer". Thanks for spotting it.
Tanngnjostr wrote:On the harvest map, it's impossible to select certain animals if two or more have been shot at the same spot. If it's different species, the selector in the lower left corner can be used, but if it's multiple animals of the same species and the windows overlap, there should be something like a selection screen.
I tried to come up with a solution for this. I thought about creating a cluster of markers (where there are too many in one spot) which break out into multiple markers, but, it only works when you zoom in a lot. Unfortunately due to the detail level of the EHR map, it's only possible to zoom in so far before the image becomes horrible. To be able to see all markers when there are dozens in one spot, it would require zoom beyond what the image supports. I realise this is an issue, but I'm not sure how to overcome it. The maps are generated using the Google Maps API, so there are some restrictions outside of UHC.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Works great, but I found two small issues yet:
1) My expedition is shown as "Multiplayer" even though I'm pretty sure it was SP. Talking about that one: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/tann ... n/79158125
2) On the harvest map, it's impossible to select certain animals if two or more have been shot at the same spot. If it's different species, the selector in the lower left corner can be used, but if it's multiple animals of the same species and the windows overlap, there should be something like a selection screen.
I had the same thing, and I don't play MP. The "multiplayer" text was in blue, so maybe that means it wasn't in MP. Good point you made there tho' Tanngnjostr. ;) Peace.

Well forget this post. Thanks for fixing it Caledonian. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Competitions”