UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
lowby
Outfitter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by lowby »

Just finished the mission pack great job David thanks alot.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Although I know it isn't possible in this case I don't believe but I've always enjoyed being able to knock out multiple missions in the same hunt since I like to do long hunts as opposed to multiple short ones, but I don't see this possible, then again David, your magical skills lost me a long time ago ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Radamus wrote:Although I know it isn't possible in this case I don't believe but I've always enjoyed being able to knock out multiple missions in the same hunt since I like to do long hunts as opposed to multiple short ones, but I don't see this possible, then again David, your magical skills lost me a long time ago ;)
What the hell Radamus, are you having a stroke??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: David ...regarding your last post , you talk about mission pack #2 . Am i going to need to have mission pack #1 done completely , to start pack #2 ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Radamus wrote:Although I know it isn't possible in this case I don't believe but I've always enjoyed being able to knock out multiple missions in the same hunt since I like to do long hunts as opposed to multiple short ones, but I don't see this possible, then again David, your magical skills lost me a long time ago ;)
If you mean you would like to use one expedition to complete multiple missions, this is possible. Of course there would have to be multiple unlocked missions available for that to happen. The system will allow it though.
DYEUZ wrote::arrow: David ...regarding your last post , you talk about mission pack #2 . Am i going to need to have mission pack #1 done completely , to start pack #2 ?
No, mission packs are completely standalone. Just like the official ones.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

caledonianblues wrote:have to be multiple unlocked missions available for that to happen. The system will allow it though.
Right, I'd have to know what the missions are in advance - but I can't have a expedition# until I've closed the hunt the way I see it right? Like I did the m/f pigs yesterday -So I spent a while moving equipment and setting up another tent but when it came to the mission it's self, that took me like 2 minutes to drop both pigs with a brain shot almost side by side but it was a hunt lasting 2 hours.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Radamus wrote:Right, I'd have to know what the missions are in advance
Yeah, it's not something you're going to be able to do until there are more mission packs, and you can see the objectives. It's also worth noting that you can only use expeditions that start after the release of the mission(s).
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Another update.

Updated:
  • Mission system now supports missions that can be completed across multiple hunts ¹
In progress:
  • Gems
  • Mission advisor
  • Expedition analyser

INFORMATION
The mission system has been updated, and there are some important things to note. If a mission requires you to harvest multiple animals, unless stated in the objective description, you can do so with multiple hunts. This requires players to submit the first expedition, then go back and submit all subsequent expeditions until all mission objectives have been completed. I realise this is not as convenient as the official mission system, but it is the most efficient option available to UHC. If wording such as in the same hunt appears in a mission objective description, then this rule has to be followed. Since this is not a popular choice, this requirement will be kept to an absolute minimum. Future mission packs will take advantage of this new functionality except where a specific objective calls for the in the same hunt clause. In other words, the system now supports both options but will favour multiple hunts in almost every case.

As with the official missions, an expedition can only be used once per mission. The expedition ID is logged next to each completed mission objective, to prevent the same expedition from being used multiple times. However, an expedition can be re-used across multiple missions.

When you submit an expedition URL and complete all objectives, you will see a "MISSION COMPLETED" notification. If you complete some but not all of the objectives, you will see an "MISSION OBJECTIVES UPDATED" notification. For anything else, you will see a "MISSION INCOMPLETE" notification.

Another mission pack will be created soon, with the first mission unlocked. I have tested the new functionality extensively but it is always good to test with more data.

¹ The first mission pack has not been altered. It still requires you to do each objective in a single hunt, to make it fair to the players who already had to do this.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tyvm for this update . :P

Stan, You'll be one happy hunter now right ? ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

DYEUZ wrote:Tyvm for this update . :P

Stan, You'll be one happy hunter now right ? ;)
That is incredible David, thank you so much. You are simply amazing. And you are most correct, Alpha DYEUZ. :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Competitions”