UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by JackRbbt »

I read, i scratch my head and i ask myself "this guy ever reach the limit of creativity and generosity?".
Spoiler:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Another update.

Complete:
  • Competition Hosting Request Form
In progress:
  • TeamSpeak Integration

COMPETITION HOSTING REQUEST FORM
Due to an increase in the number of requests to host competitions, and the associated problems with managing the calendar to ensure competition overlaps are kept to a minimum, a new competition queue system has been introduced. I would like to ask that hosts now submit proper hosting requests when they wish to host a new competition with UHC. The process is really straight forward. When you log into your UHC account, you will see a Host option on the main menu at the top-right of the screen. This will take you to a page where you can enter information about your competition idea.

Once you submit your competition hosting request, it will be reviewed and either accepted or rejected. Whilst being reviewed, you will not be able to submit any further hosting requests. In other words, hosts will only be able to have one competition hosting request in the queue at any given time. In the unlikely event that your request is rejected, you will be given a detailed reason. If accepted, someone will be in touch with you to discuss the competition in more detail, so that the setup and configuration can commence. In both scenarios you will receive an internal UHC message.

I realise this is not quite as simple as just sending Tod or me a message, but given the volume of requests (which is fantastic news, thank you to everyone interested in hosting with UHC) we need to start keeping track of things properly. This system will also ensure we deal with requests on a first-come first-served basis, making it fairer for all hosts. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Great news . Thx for working on the UHC site and making it better and better each time . :P

Qs:

- Who will accept / reject the proposed comps ? And on what basis it will be judged ?
- For the ROE , only the major rules needs to be described on the ''host a comp'' form ? If accepted , the rest will be shown ?
Asking this , because when i do make mine , i try to answer all the Qs possible , so there is lots of infos .
- How long in advance , before its start , can a comp be proposed ?
tyvm
Last edited by DYEUZ on November 2nd, 2017, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Good question, DYEUZ. I'd like to read the answer to that too. Sounds like a pretty good idea tho, having a submit form for comps. Can see how that might make things a bit easier on those that code them (community comps) in. Thanks for the new feature Caledonian. The UHC site is like D, says gettin' better all the time, nice work and greatly appreciated. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Here is a thought regarding the new update. Is it possible to add the competition template as Tod has it on the forum- as the text for the comp request form? That way folks could simply delete, what they don't want, and add what they do etc.? Jus' a thought. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Pleeeez make the mugs 20 oz or more. Everybody who has mugs makes them look like a thimble.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thoughts for UHC merchandise .

All with UHC logo of course .
- Packs of pens / pencils .
- Pen pot .
- Block of note pads .
- Black tie . Yes ! A tie ,lol.
- Beer mug and or Beer glass .
- Thermos mug .
- Pack of coasters .
- Black Bandanna .
- Different size / shapes stickers .

I could go on and on , but i'll stop here for now , lmao.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

For merchandise, I'd like one of these....

Personal Bests...
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

This morning i realize i'm missing a 'Withdraw" button for competitions.
Spoiler:

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

DYEUZ wrote:Great news . Thx for working on the UHC site and making it better and better each time . :P

Qs:

- Who will accept / reject the proposed comps ? And on what basis it will be judged ?
- For the ROE , only the major rules needs to be described on the ''host a comp'' form ? If accepted , the rest will be shown ?
Asking this , because when i do make mine , i try to answer all the Qs possible , so there is lots of infos .
- How long in advance , before its start , can a comp be proposed ?
tyvm
David & I will accept / reject. The only reasons I can think of right now, that would get a comp rejected are: too many impossible/impractical requirements, someone monopolizing the system at the expense of others who want to host, not offering a prize, or a really terrible description. Even then, in most of those cases we would contact the host & clarify the objectives, offer suggestions, negotiate compromises before just rejecting it.

I would like to see all of the requirements in the request. I'm not too worried about the size, but I'd prefer concise bullet points for each requirement, rather than long prosaic descriptions. (see below)

How long? This will depend on our availability to code it, and the schedule of comps already on the calendar or in the queue. Request the dates you would like, and if there is a conflict or we just can't get it done by those dates, we'll contact you & work it out.
BCKidd wrote:Here is a thought regarding the new update. Is it possible to add the competition template as Tod has it on the forum- as the text for the comp request form? That way folks could simply delete, what they don't want, and add what they do etc.? Jus' a thought. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
I was just thinking, "there's a bunch of empty space on the right side there." perhaps we could list all of the available options there, and you could copy/paste them? Or we could pre-populate the text area with a template. Or maybe an odd combination of both. Maybe headings in the template, and copy/paste for the options?? We'll discuss this and try to accommodate.
JackRbbt wrote:This morning i realize i'm missing a 'Withdraw" button for competitions.
What's the reason for wanting to "duck out"? We could make a withdraw function, but I guess we never considered the need for one. If someone can't or doesn't want to continue to participate, they can simply stop interacting with the competition on the site. Their name would remain on the participants list, and any scores submitted would probably sink to the bottom of the leaderboard, but I can't imagine that being a problem. It's happened to me several times. I've submitted an entry, and then just ran out of time to improve it. Am I missing something?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Competitions”