UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Nockedup
Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by Nockedup »

caledonianblues wrote:
Nockedup wrote:I entered one hunt expedition that had 2 different qualifying animals on it and it only updated one animal. I ran the same hunt expedition through again and it wouldn't accept the 2nd animal. Fortunately, I had another hunt expedition with a qualifying animal so I ran that hunt through and updated successfully.
Can you please post (or message me with) the link to the hunt in which only one animal was accepted?
Here it is David. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/nock ... n/79498580
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Just been thinking about these prize draws don't know if this is possible, but i was thinking that each month they should do a major prize draw which consists of 10 draws each prize getting smaller on the way down the leader-board. They could make an entry fee of 100 UHC points or 2 Amethyst gems (just a suggestion). This would not turn players away from joining in as it doesn't cost much. Just a thought :) . What do yous think about it?
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Stealthhunter ... Saw a similar suggestion once and i'm not for it . For the simple reason that if i need something an item of some sort , i will save and buy it some day .
Imagine , paying a fee for a draw and never win !? What a waste of money that would be and frustrating in the long run also .

10 draws each prize getting smaller on the way down
What would be the high prize and the low one ?

For that reasons , i'm out .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DYEUZ wrote:Imagine , paying a fee for a draw and never win !? What a waste of money that would be .
Well, it's similar to playing the lottery and millions of people do that every week. On the other hand, millions of people don't because they think it's a waste of money. The idea is that the cost of the ticket funds the prize, and that cost is so small (not even sure what a lottery ticket costs) that if you lose, it's no big deal, you just try again the following week. The difference with the lottery is that people pay real money. The above proposal is that people pay UHC$ or gems, the acquisition of which involves no real money changing hands. UHC still has to fund the prizes, assuming they are store items, em$ and memberships.

There's already functionality in place to support entry fees for prize draws. I just haven't thought about what to do with it yet. I might do nothing but I added it in just in case. But yes, I'm curious to know what the prizes would be and how the sliding scale would work.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I'm also a bit curious what the 10 prizes are that you suggest UHC pay for & give away.?

Now I suppose if a member wanted to sponsor a prize draw, we could set it up any way they wanted (within reason). ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Even if the fees are from free UHC points and / or gems bought , i'm still out . Real lottery is really different , for sure .
Yes , UHC points / $ is free to get in some way , but i still have to put time into the missions / comps to get them .
I guess if it ever come up to draws / pools that need me to pay some entry fees, nobody is pulling my arm to enter them .

I'm not one that plays the real lottery , because of the ridiculous chances of winning . :lol:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

I was thinking the prizes could be
1st Place - a new released weapon if one has been released with 1000em and a scope for it/or a 12 month membership
2nd Place - Could be a 6 month membership/ or a tent and some camping supplies
3rd Place - 3 month membership/or just a tent/or 500em and a scent spray such as Mule deer scent spray (500em + 45em = 545em, this is close to the say price as the tent, so the prize value doesn't drop)
4th Place - 1 person Tree-stand
5th Place - A Load-out
6th - 10th Place - Scent eliminator and wind indicator

These are just thoughts and could be changed. If this was payed for with 100 UHC or 2 Amethyst gems, this would not affect players as it is cheap so people would still want to do it. If UHC does do this monthly draw like i suggested it could change slightly each month if they wanted it to and might be the only draw that requires an entry fee. Also if a member sponsored the draw he could be given 4000 UHC points, an emerald/or some em and an emerald. This is because the draw is a big one and the person who sponsors it should get a reward, and if yous give away 4000 UHC and an emerald yous haven't given away real money yet they have to earn the rest of the points to trade in for em, but they would deserve that if not more for sponsoring it. Please let me know what yous think.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Still no for me . Looks even worst the way you described it . Every month ? wow !
Tod1d wrote:Now I suppose if a member wanted to sponsor a prize draw, we could set it up any way they wanted (within reason). ;)
I would rather see sponsors for comps than for draws .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Stealthhunter wrote:...They could make an entry fee of 100 UHC points or 2 Amethyst gems (just a suggestion). This would not turn players away from joining in as it doesn't cost much anything.
Stealthhunter wrote:If this was payed for with 100 UHC or 2 Amethyst gems, this would not affect players as it is cheap free so people would still want to do it.
Keep in mind that the UHC points & gems you "earn", you are getting for free.
Stealthhunter wrote:I was thinking the prizes could be
1st Place - a new released weapon if one has been released with 1000em and a scope for it/or a 12 month membership
2nd Place - Could be a 6 month membership/ or a tent and some camping supplies
3rd Place - 3 month membership/or just a tent/or 500em and a scent spray such as Mule deer scent spray (500em + 45em = 545em, this is close to the say price as the tent, so the prize value doesn't drop)
4th Place - 1 person Tree-stand
5th Place - A Load-out
6th - 10th Place - Scent eliminator and wind indicator
So, you are suggesting that UHC spend an additional $50-$70 USD a month to buy the prizes? ...and give you a chance to win them for free?

Can you see why that might be considered an unreasonable request?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Sorry it doesn't have to be monthly that was just a thought now that i have had more time to think over the idea idea it would probably be better to do a draw that big yearly unless someone wanted to sponsor it and get the reward for sponsoring it. The prizes don't have to be that big it was just what i was thinking of at the time. But i have seen competitions hosted by the UHC and other UHC members that have 5000 em as first prize, 3000 em as second, 2000 em as third and an additional 5000 em for the biggest rare. So i was thinking that if some members can do that, they would be able to sponsor something slightly bigger and get a bigger reward. As they would get 4000 UHC and a gem of some sort instead of getting 500 UHC. UHC points and gems are thoughts so they aren't what probably would be chosen. Still i think they could do a yearly one unless someone wants to sponsor it. Tod, i do now see why it was unreasonable that i have had more time to think about. But what i have said above might change some minds, still not worried if this can't be added.

Return to “Competitions”