The Hunting Grounds - Whiteout 6th Anniversary (Jun19 - Jul17)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Re: The Hunting Grounds - Whiteout 6th Anniversary (Jun19 - Jul17)

Post by sebusmalinowski »

Just whoever spends money on prizes, the more you should report to support, or someone will not cheat. It would be a problem.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

It seems to me some people spend an extraordinary amount of time and effort looking elsewhere when they should be looking forward improving their own scores...
But of course that's just me and I'm not sure it's even worth 2 cents.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Wow! Is all I got to say about some of these posts. I clearly quoted Tod1d's answer to the trophy shot question. Quoting is all anyone of us could do, since Tod was on a well deserved holiday. Tod clearly stated that Trophy Shots weren't a requirement this time for this comp, it is why I quoted his response to the same question asked by another community member- when the comp was about to start. And if anyone wasn't clear why not then make it easier on oneself and take Trophy Shots, instead of getting all flustered over it? This way whether they were needed or not, you would have lost nothing, except a few seconds in snapping a few pictures. :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Yeh, yeh, yeh.... Here's what happened... I copied the text for the announcement from the Whiteout site. The link to the "Whiteout" rules is there for Whiteout members only comps.
I left it in. I should have taken the link out & just pasted the rules that matter. I didn't... it happens...

I'm not offended. I can't be. I have this "magical" ability to take a step back from my computer & remind myself that it's "Just a Game". ;)

What I don't understand is how anyone else can get emotionally upset about any of it.
No one is "entitled" to the prizes. They are being graciously & magnanimously donated by the hosts of the competitions.
Everyone that hosts competitions does their very best to make the rules clear & run a fair competition.

If trophy shots were required (they were in a previous UHC hosted comp), I can (and would) check that & DQ a scoresheet that doesn't have one.

As for the cheating questions, I have no automated way to tell if someone is cheating. I'll leave that up to EW. Hosts & competitors are welcome to report suspected cheaters, and we'll look into it. But we have to just manually look at the hunt history & summaries & make a judgement. If something looks truly fishy, we'll report it to support and bide by their judgement.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

All I can say is that this has been a really nice casual comp. Thank you- Whiteout for hosting it. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Great comp.! Thanks Whiteout!! I had a lot of fun with this one! My shotgun skills are terrible.... :roll: Eventually, I'll figure out how to kill 70+ ducks in one 3 hr session, without missing one air shot!! :shock: ...someday... :? :? I think it's this pos mouse I have.. no smoothing ability at all. It's a Deathadder Chroma. I tried to set it at the slowest possible speed, and it's still really hard to get a bead on any birds. Thanks again, Whiteout! :D Congrats to all the winners... very tough comp. I could have sworn it said it was over at 6:00 P.M. though... probably an old man issue... ;)
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

Great comp but to long I think :))) it was fantastic time for me. I hunted great DSheep , monster RME and GBear. I have enjoyed hunting for all spieces Ptarmigans. I think the fairer would be to play on single but I do not decidet about it. Thx Whiteout.
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

dools24 and Besparica they're both valuable and skillful hunters. It was an honor to compete with them. Congrats to all participants and winners :)
sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Post by sebusmalinowski »

Thank you for a nice contest, i have all time small lucky. Congrats to the winners.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Unfortunately, when I got up this morning, the comp at UHC is gone. Who won? Is it shown on the Whiteout website? Congrats to whomever finished first, and also on the podium. Congrats to all who posted a score.

In one month of traveling and trying to compete, for some reason, I just couldn't find a bigger Roe than 176, a bigger Red Deer than 216, or a Pintail over 1081. My biggest disappointments for sure. I sure had fun though! I got several season bests, and a PB Feral Goat, so it was well worth joining.

Thanks Whiteout Hunting for allowing us "amateurs" a chance to hunt with the "big boys". Thanks for hosting such a nice competition for the community. :)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Competitions”