May Photo Op Give-Away

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Foxtrotter
Scout

Re: May Photo Op Give-Away

Post by Foxtrotter »

May Photo-Op Giveaway Results

So this was a tough one to decide on, guys. You've all submitted some great pictures but in the end only one hunter per category can win.

In the Hunter Category:
Granti, with his untitled photo of Whiteheart Island at Dawn

The use of natural light and accompanying effects really brought this picture to our attention. It seemed every time we looked back at it we found something new that pushed it beyond all others in the hunter category. The resolution and high graphic settings brought the textures to life with the use of lighting. The Sun reflecting off of the water. The foreground, midground and background layers to this photo were simple and didn't take away from the hunter himself but were plentiful enough to not leave the scene bare. Well done, Granti and congratulations.

In the Environmental Category:
Softkiller, "Train To Catch"

This category was the toughest to decide by far with so many wonderful scenic submissions. Softkiller really captured this photo and made us believe that there is actually a train in the game. The one thing that this photo had over most other environmental submissions was a pronounced object to catch the eye. Our eyes could follow the set of tracks from foreground to background and reveal the many colors and variations of trees and rock which eventually sent us into the particle cloud from which this huge mountain could be seen tower above. The creative use of the train tracks, and camera angle won Softkiller this category. Congratulations.

In the Animal Category:
Kahuamp, "Hunter, Prey"

There were many in this category that could have taken the prize, but ultimately we felt Kahuamp deserved this one for the basic content of the photo. A Grey Wolf and 4 Mule Bucks. Kahuamp had the skill to properly positions his wolf without skin stretching and had the patience to grab this incredible shot as he waited for the "Prey" to get into just the right position. In the end, this choice had to be made on content. Being that it is the Animal Category, we had to take away every other aspect of the submissions for this photo and its' competition to decide the winner. The photo's were picked apart piece by piece and Kahuamp's "Hunter, Prey" came out the victor. Well done. What an incredible display of patience and trophy manipulation skill. Congratulations.

Congratulations again to the winners. Many of the submissions were hard to cut, and in the end it came down to the nitty-gritty to decide our winners.
We hope you've all had fun participating in the May Photo-Op Giveaway and hope to see you participating again in future community competitions.
Gifts have been handed out via PM here on the forums. Winners please check your inbox and let me know if you have any issues claiming your prizes.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

awesome!!! many thanks for the prize and once again the competiton.

i find it especially nice to get critical appraisel :!:

congratulations also to the other winners!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Congratulations to the winners!
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Congrats to all the winners! You guys deserve it for sure!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Very nice screenies. Congrats to all winners! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Ha, great stuff!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Grats to all winners

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Congrats guys :)
softkiller

Post by softkiller »

Thank you very much!
I was surprised as I'm quite new to this but I'm deeply honored
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

I didn't have time at all to play the game lately, nor to check out the forums. Today I log in and I find out that I've won in the Animal Category! Thanks for the prize and Congrats to all !

I totally missed the Official Trophy lodge comp and I forgot to submit a pic for the Environment category.... I have so much on my mind right now....

There were some wonderful pics out there, but the one that I liked a LOT is SheWolfs second entry....the one with the Ibex...outstanding positioning and background.....that photo has "Majestic" written all over it.

Hope to see more competitions involving creativity in the future!!

PS.: I know the competition has ended and this is pointless, but I was looking through my gallery and just have to submit these, else I'd feel my work was in vain....hope you don't mind, I'm a trophy shot addict :D

Environment 1

Environment 2

Environment 3

Animal 2

Hunter 2 (taken before the start of comp)

Hunter 3(also before the start)
And that's about it....hope we get more filters and an improved trophy shot mode soon!!

Return to “Competitions”