Coming in June 2017- 1st Annual Big Bear Comp

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: Coming in June 2017- 1st Annual Big Bear Comp

Post by JackRbbt »

An idea (adding some "flavor" to the competition), instead of enforce a minimal distance, for any weapon, we can use some rules like:
- black bear - only handguns, from minimum 30 meters; (4 different handgun calibers ethical for it: .308, .44, .454 and 10 mm, so anyone has at least one fitting the requirement)
- grizzly bear - only bows or crossbows, from minimum 25 meters; (no baiting available for grizzly, so getting close to it, without triggering an attack is tricky)
- brown bear - only rifles, from minimum 50 meters, iron sight only;
- polar bear - any ethical weapon, from minimum 50 meters.
(muzzleloaders could have been a requirement, but some of the players may not have any of them, so i left them aside).

Opinions?
Spoiler:

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JackRbbt wrote:An idea (adding some "flavor" to the competition), instead of enforce a minimal distance, for any weapon, we can use some rules like:
- black bear - only handguns, from minimum 30 meters; (4 different handgun calibers ethical for it: .308, .44, .454 and 10 mm, so anyone has at least one fitting the requirement)
- grizzly bear - only bows or crossbows, from minimum 25 meters; (no baiting available for grizzly, so getting close to it, without triggering an attack is tricky)
- brown bear - only rifles, from minimum 50 meters, iron sight only;
- polar bear - any ethical weapon, from minimum 50 meters.
(muzzleloaders could have been a requirement, but some of the players may not have any of them, so i left them aside).

Opinions?
I haven't really kept up with this thread as it's been a work in progress but I like Jacks thoughts as it's a well seasoned suggestion.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

BC Kidd, I just had this experience at TgT. Working on the RM Elk Missions, suddenly a big male Grizzly was right in front of me, crossing my path. I never heard him growl, or footsteps as he got near. He didn't do any of the machinations common to the species in-game. Never stood up, never growled except as he charged, and he was on top of me before I could barely get the .300 up. Shot just as he arrived, he veered off. Found a blood track that said, "body", and it was the only one I saw in 1-1/2 hours of real time tracking. 3000 meters later and I still never caught up to him. He roamed a total of three times, and each time I waited patiently for 13 min game time, and resumed. Within a 100-130 meters each time I resumed tracking, he was fleeing again. I never heard foot steps again at any time, nor did I get a call.

I think Bears are messed up at the moment.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

All good suggestions above, but, the ROE isn't going to change, for this comp. There are reasons for this. Perhaps the next I can make it more strategic. Yes, the bears may be messed up, but it doesn't stop a good shot killing them. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

It is a well known issue now , about the tracking / roaming bug... from this thread , yesterday ... http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=80953
David : The roaming issue is currently in progress. In the game update it was stated that this relates to bears, but any other species affected will be a result of the same issue.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

So I can shoot all the bears or anything else I want and pick the best 2 beyond 40m of the hunt right? Just as long as all kills, regardless of animal list, are 1 single shot- So stats will read 100% hit -100% kills with all weapons - Pretty much it in a nutshell right? and if I shoot a bear short it doesn't DQ the whole hunt right? just as long as what I submit is legit?
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:So I can shoot all the bears or anything else I want and pick the best 2 beyond 40m of the hunt right? Just as long as all kills, regardless of animal list, are 1 single shot- So stats will read 100% hit -100% kills with all weapons - Pretty much it in a nutshell right? and if I shoot a bear short it doesn't DQ the whole hunt right? just as long as what I submit is legit?
If you shoot say 3 bear and only two have been shot no less than 40m it will count, the other won't, so make sure the one you shoot below 40m is a lil' fella. That is it in a nutshell. Yep. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Renedupre
Spotter

Post by Renedupre »

There are :)

Return to “Competitions”