Ideas for Competitions

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
kolobok12
Spotter

Re: Ideas for Competitions

Post by kolobok12 »

HooCairs wrote:
What can we improve in the future?
  • rotate between different starting times (not always 8am EST) so that Europeans have the same chances
  • add more Laura Francese comps, i.e. go to 7 instead of only 5 and cover more species
  • reintroduce the trophies from the good old days, never heard a player complain about them
  • be more consequent in using existing trophies, i.e. use the Whitetail trophy for all WT comps (except Marksman)
  • release comps for new species sooner
  • make new trophies for new species
I fully support, more events and new prizes :)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

I like the idea of only a set amount of comp entry's at a time. Entering them all just turns into opertunistic luck more that actually focus
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

I also like the idea of only one possible competition at a time. But it must be possible to switch between different competitions without having to finnish them. If one is half solved it must be possible to switch to another one and then go back and finish the first one later.
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

I'd like the competitions for species on free rotation to be separate for guests and members, I think this would benefit both. For guests, all 7 competitions for each species on free rotation could last just one day so they are all covered during that week.

I'd like to see more competitions split into tiers, like Elite, Intermediate, Starter.

I like hunting alone, so I'm not happy with competitions for Mallard/Canada Goose being multiplayer only. That would be justifiable if there would be introduced team competitions, but not for individual ones.

I'd like there to be integrated support for community competitions, so that they could be accessed by players from the official interface and the prize transfer would be automated.

I like simple competitions with common sense rules, not the ones with weird rules. If the integrated support for community competitions would be implemented there would be ok for the organizers to set the rules they like, but official competitions should address the vast majority of players imo, not just niche ones.

I don't like competitions which consider only the first x harvested animals (requiring in fact to leave dead animals on the ground), the ones for total weight and the ones requiring several animals (both of which are grinding competitions imo, you can win only if you can play for many hours). To fix this I would suggest introducing a rule like "only animals harvested in the first x minutes/hours of play with the competition activated are taken into consideration". In the first case, this would of course replace the "first x animals" rule. This way the competitions would be appealing to more players, including casual ones.

The range competitions could be more appealing to players by replacing the longest shot requirement with the best score/weight of an animal shot from over x meters (e.g. over 150 meters), or under x meters for short range ones (e.g. under 15 meters).

EDIT. And for new species, please introduce the 2 standard competitions from the release of the species.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Stefan,

What used to be HS splits for division: 0-50, 51-150, etc. When it got to the elite division or over 2000 HS, the disparity in skill level after 4000 was exponentially more vast. There should be a division that is 2001-4000 and 4001 and above. I don't know the formula to convert the old HS to the new, if there is one, but I hope you get my point.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I think EW don't know how important is a team competition mode for a modern online game like TH.
Since the release of the MP the players beg for it. No reaction. For me this game doesn't need "HS 2.0" or even more new skined items.
A MP team comp would be the boom and would bring fresh wind and also some new player to the TH.
But after waiting 4 years I think we will never see such mode. Unfortunately. :(
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

I hope you all had a good weekend. Some really awesome ideas in this thread! We're reading and making notes, keep 'em coming! :-D
amramco1964
Tracker

Post by amramco1964 »

Some offers:
1. Rotate the same comp in the week days. I like to play same kinds of comp, but they always starting at the same week day, as an example in Friday.
2. More comp for multiplayer and team comp, also multi species comp.
hunterPumpkinhead

Post by hunterPumpkinhead »

HooCairs wrote:
hunterPumpkinhead wrote:Also, it would be interesting to have some comps (not all) that only allow 1 attempt.
You have my vote on this one. :)

What I really liked in the original hunter (before MP) were the ingame news scrolling at the bottom of the screen telling you about changes in the top 10 of your current comps, e.g. "Francis95 has scored a 28.705 Pheasant and is now in 1st place in Little Wing."

Yes! I agree 100%
Having a single attempt allowed would reduce cheating and would ensure everyone is given the same potential (mostly based on luck) to win. Just like real life. :)
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

I have 2 more suggestion :)
First in event competitions trophies are perfectly done really great job doing here but em$ reward is so low for such big events normal 1st place reward is 100 in event it's 150 just 50em$ higher than normal and this comes to me really low paid. Doing it much more will increase the number of participants and increase the competitiveness for me.

Secondly All competition prizes are just trophies and em$. I am thinking about giving clothes weapons scopes equipment for a competition prize. Like 1st place reward is Ghillie Jacket Fall Leaf Camo. Hope you get my point :)

Return to “Competitions”