Ideas for Competitions

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Hifisch
Scout

Re: Ideas for Competitions

Post by Hifisch »

+1 for the kinda "boring" competitions by me :D Personally I also like these the most.
reve
Spotter

Post by reve »

kahuamp wrote:
GreatBighorn wrote:Personally i like mostly those boring competitions like: the 3 heavier species, best high scored animal and so on. I hate those longest shots comp and the "go in & out of the burrow" and those "alot of turkey" etc. totally fake, unrealistic, so weird win outside from the realistic - simulator limits that i think TheHunter it's born with. Who cares about shooting rabbits exactly the second that enter or exit from the burrow? What point of competition is that? I think we don't deal with a arcade game here! .
I agree.....i like the "boring" ones myself a lot more.....and speaking of rabbits(which I don't hunt often)....what the heck is this?
Hippidy Hop
"The average range of the 5 European Rabbits shot from the longest distance while it was unspooked is your competition entry. "(of course it will be "unspooked" when you blast it from the top of the Himalaya :ugeek:

- 1st place is currently 298.8 meters.Who in their right mind would climb the highest mountain to shoot a lousy rabbit? This is Looney Tunes at their best.
I'm such a madman(reve1). And I have fun with it. :D

ImageImageImage
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Magnificent
Tracker

Post by Magnificent »

no scope buckshot comp, bighorn and dall! MULTI PLAYER
Makaan
Scout

Post by Makaan »

my ideas:

1) time oriented comps - for example - kill highest scored Roe Deer and Red Deer during 2 hour hunt
2) host oriented comps - for example - total weight all Wild Boars - killed by all hunters during one MP session (no day-night-day change allowed)
3) team (two person) oriented comps - for example - kill 5 males and 5 females of each species in Whiterime Ridge in shortest time, MP session - max 2 players only
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

a; please make it possible to look up past comps...its so dumb to have to go over 10corners to find a competition one has participated and sometimes not even that is possible

b; pretty please make a sort of calender where we can see the upcoming comps a few days ahead for planning

c; please make different starting times so that everyone has the chance of controlling the score
Jonny2702

Post by Jonny2702 »

I agree with many things that have been stated/suggested. Mainly these:
Longest shot comps are broken, the only way to win is to shoot from certain hills into certain valleys.
Changing start/finish times occasionally would be great!
Less attempts to stop spawn spamming.
Better Em$ rewards.
Species specific trophies.
Separate member/non-member comps for free rotation species.
Reserve specific comps would be really great.
Better UI with deeper search functionality.
Comps for newer species.

Mostly, I’d like to see some official single player, multi-species comps, here’s my ideas:

Caprini capers – Alpine ibex, Bighorn sheep, Dall sheep, Feral goat.
Highest combined score (single biggest of each species) wins. Any permitted handgun, no scopes allowed.

Boomstick bunnies – Cottontail rabbit, European rabbit, Snowshoe hare.
Highest combined score (single biggest of each species) wins. Any shotgun with birdshot ammo, harvests must be less than 10m.

Canine carnage – Red fox, Arctic fox, Coyote, Grey wolf.
Highest combined weight (single biggest of each species) wins. Any permitted weapon, must be unspooked, not shot from any stand or blind etc.

Big game bow challenge – Bison, Banteng, Water buffalo, Moose.
Highest combined weight (single biggest of each species) wins. Any vertical bow (compound, recurve, cable-backed, longbow), must be shot from minimum 25m.

Bear necessities – Black bear, Brown bear, Grizzly bear, Polar bear.
Highest combined score (single biggest of each species) wins. Any permitted weapon, must be 100% harvest value.

Anschutz antler showdown – Whitetail deer, Blacktail deer, Mule deer, Sitka deer.
Highest combined score (single biggest of each species) wins. Shot with any Anschutz rifle, minimum 50m with no scopes.

All the above would run for 5 days with 10 attempts
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

My suggestion would be to remove all low-score/low-weight comps.

Dunno about anyone else, but I personally don't enjoy hunting for babies, I hunt for the biggest/best. We're not hunting to put meat on the table as do most of the planet's real-world hunters. This is a game, and these are competitions, and the possibility of grabbing a good spot on the Leaderboard is always a huge goal to achieve to many players, if not all. The lowest-scoring/lowest weighing comps seem so ridiculous and lazy to me, as if they were created "just because" they could be created, and I believe the strive should be for the best of species, not the worst.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Jonny2702 wrote: Longest shot comps are broken, the only way to win is to shoot from certain hills into certain valleys.
In each of your proposed comps below, there is only one way to win...same as above. ;) Will they be automatically broken the day they come out? :roll:
Caprini capers – Alpine ibex, Bighorn sheep, Dall sheep, Feral goat.
Highest combined score (single biggest of each species) wins. Any permitted handgun, no scopes allowed.

Boomstick bunnies – Cottontail rabbit, European rabbit, Snowshoe hare.
Highest combined score (single biggest of each species) wins. Any shotgun with birdshot ammo, harvests must be less than 10m.

Canine carnage – Red fox, Arctic fox, Coyote, Grey wolf.
Highest combined weight (single biggest of each species) wins. Any permitted weapon, must be unspooked, not shot from any stand or blind etc.

Big game bow challenge – Bison, Banteng, Water buffalo, Moose.
Highest combined weight (single biggest of each species) wins. Any vertical bow (compound, recurve, cable-backed, longbow), must be shot from minimum 25m.

Bear necessities – Black bear, Brown bear, Grizzly bear, Polar bear.
Highest combined score (single biggest of each species) wins. Any permitted weapon, must be 100% harvest value.

Anschutz antler showdown – Whitetail deer, Blacktail deer, Mule deer, Sitka deer.
Highest combined score (single biggest of each species) wins. Shot with any Anschutz rifle, minimum 50m with no scopes.

All the above would run for 5 days with 10 attempts

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Jonny2702

Post by Jonny2702 »

In each of your proposed comps below, there is only one way to win...same as above. ;) Will they be automatically broken the day they come out? :roll:
There's only one way to win any competition...... fulfil the required parameters better than everyone else!

Not sure if you're joking or whether you misunderstood my point about distance shooting. To clarify, if you have any chance of winning a Whitetail long shot comp, you have ZERO choice in where you shoot the animal - go to Settler Creeks, lure an animal to roughly this spot (x -7400, y 5440), fast travel up the hill to your tower somewhere near (x -7380, y 5330), shoot, job done. With a little perseverance, callers and scent lures, this scenario can be manufactured EVERY hunt.

Zero freedom in hunting style or location, to achieve a goal that can be replicated every time seems broken to me, maybe not the best word choice, but i can't think of a better one at the moment. I don't see how this applies to the multi-species comps i suggested.

Anyway, i'm not here to argue, i was just sharing my thoughts on current comps and comps i'd like to see in the future.
JuA

Post by JuA »

Some great ideas, especialy time oriented and host oriented comp.
1 try competition is good on paper but a disconnection or crash will ruin it instantly.

my ideas :
- Reward gm$ for a valid entry in comp. (little, 5 or 10 gm$)
- Guest only version of existing competitions synchronized with the free species rotation rewarding gm$ only.
- harvest value competitions.

Return to “Competitions”