Question on competitions vs reg hunts.

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
NoFear102

Question on competitions vs reg hunts.

Post by NoFear102 »

Hi,
Probably a dumb question or one that's been asked already. If so, I apologize for. If I join in a competition and exit the hunt but start
up another hunt that is not the competition target, does this count as one of the hunts?.. Like if I get 10/10 in one competition for
turkey and kill 3 turkeys and then exit, to go on a moose hunt. Will the Moose hunt count as one of the "10" attempts, or do I just hold
off on any other hunts until the competition ends? Cause if I get down to like 1/10 and decide to do something else but then I need
to try for a higher score... did that moose hunt just eat up my last attempt for a turkey in the competition... I know, probably a silly
question.... I do appreciate any input on this though, so thanks ahead folks.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Question on competitions vs reg hunts.

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Welcome to the forum, NoFear102! :D
Not a dumb question at all...

A competition attempt will only be subtracted when you start a hunt on a reserve on which the species of the comp (or at least one of the species if it's a multispecies comp) lives. So going for moose on RFF doesn't use up an attempt in a turkey comp since there aren't any turkey on RFF.
You can also deactivate a competition if you don't want to lose an attempt in the next hunt and reactivate it later, your old scores won't be lost. Of course while the hunt is deactivated, you cannot improve your score. Also be aware that you cannot activate or deactivate a competition while you are hunting, you'll have to do it between two hunts.
Image Image Image
NoFear102

Post by NoFear102 »

Awesome Tanngnjostr Thanks, that answered a lot! :D And thanks for the Welcome. Really loving the game and folks pretty friendly and helpful too. Cheers!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

NoFear102 wrote:Awesome Tanngnjostr Thanks, that answered a lot! :D And thanks for the Welcome. Really loving the game and folks pretty friendly and helpful too. Cheers!
You're welcome. Also be aware that some competitions only work in single player mode (most of them actually), while some others only work in multiplayer games (geese, ducks, Laura Francese comps) and some (the special event comps) work in both modes. If you activated a SP competition and start a MP game, it will not cost you an attempt of course. The rule of thumb is: it only uses up an attempt if it's possible to improve the score during the hunt.
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”