[Unofficial] Spring Ironman Seasonal

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Foxtrotter
Scout

[Unofficial] Spring Ironman Seasonal

Post by Foxtrotter »

Spring Ironman Seasonal
Welcome to the Spring Ironman Seasonal Competition. Spring is in the air and so are the geese. This season hunters will be competing in Hirschfelden to bring in the highest overall weight in Canadian Geese. Participants will have 90 rounds of birdshot ammunition and a single hunt submission to bring in the highest grossing total weight. This competition event is only available in multiplayer as participants will be required to find a hunting partner to head out into the field with. There are no regular 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes but I think we’ve done alright in terms of making up for that.

There is only room for 10 teams of 2 in this competition. The first 20 people to register as a team will be entered. To be fair to the community, I will not be accepting team registrations until Sunday April 3rd at 12:00 a.m. game server time.

The Spring Ironman Seasonal will run from April 13th - April 16th. (this can be extended only before the official thread and only by popular demand of the community).

Prizes will be handed out to:

The individual who brings in the highest grossing bird weight (if tied, tiebreaker goes to the hunter that submitted first). Prize pack is equal to 2 bird blinds, a ½ spread goose decoy bundle, two flapping goose decoys, and an additional 750 EMs intended to be spent on a shiny new shotgun of your choosing. Total value is approx. 4000 EMs.

The team bringing in the most geese in a single hunt (if tied, the tiebreaker goes to heaviest gross weight team) (Prize available for sponsor)

A “Luck of the Draw” prize to an individual who matches a random bird weight. (I will shoot 1 goose post competition. The first hunter to submit carrying that weight on their hunt will win this prize. If there is no bird of the matching weight, the goose weight will be rounded up until a winner is chosen) (Prize available for sponsor)

Superman. Any hunter that brings 91 or more geese will receive an invitation to the Year-End Seasonal Wind-Up and a Hirschfelden Goose Hunting Blind (aka 500 EMs)

Rules and Regulations

1. Multi-player only.
2. All geese harvested must be air-born kills.
3. Hunters must use a shotgun without optics (Iron sights only folks.) on any shotgun of your choosing.
4. Hunters have unlimited attempts at satisfactory hunts during the course of the competition but may only submit 1.
5. Hunters submitting hunts in this competition must submit both hunts for the team at the same time and within 1 hour of the competition of the hunt.
6. Both hunters must participate in the same hunt at the same time. But not necessarily in the same blind.
7. Hunters must not expend more than 90 rounds each during the submitted hunt. (No you can not fire 91 if your partner only fires 89 rounds).
8. The leaderboard is dark. All submitted hunts must be submitted directly to me via PM so I may put them through a spreadsheet and post them all upon completion of the competition.
9. You do not get to see how your competition is doing, so get out there and give it your all. Pick your shots wisely.
10. Submissions for hunts starting before or ending after the competition start and end times will not be accepted.

Scoring

- Teams will be scored by Canada Goose count
- Individuals will be scored by total gross weight of all birds harvested

All questions and comments are welcome here.

Registration will be accepted on the Official Spring Ironman Seasonal Thread, Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m. Game Server time.
Last edited by Foxtrotter on March 31st, 2017, 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: [Unofficial] Spring Ironman Seasonal

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Sounds like a challenge. I need to find a partner. Then we need to wait for the questions that are bound to come up.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Could be fun.

The only question I have is on rule 7. Hunters must not expend more than 90 rounds each during the submitted hunt. (No you can not fire 91 if your partner only fires 89 rounds).

Is this 90 rounds per hunter or 90 rounds in total for both hunters?
Spoiler:
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Could be fun.

The only question I have is on rule 7. Hunters must not expend more than 90 rounds each during the submitted hunt. (No you can not fire 91 if your partner only fires 89 rounds).

Your answer is underlined my friend. But i can definitly reword it to read " A hunter must not expend..."
Returning Soon!

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Foxtrotter wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:Could be fun.

Your answer is underlined my friend. But i can definitly reword it to read " A hunter must not expend..."
Oop's missed that. no need to reword.
Spoiler:
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

Nope, thats good. Ironing out minor details now will help later with things like language barriers and such. I need to make this as simply stated as possible. Due to the edit limit, I'll fix that later with other items in a revision.
Returning Soon!

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Sounds interesting, but goose is not one of my favorite targets. So, with regrets, i will pass this one.

An advice for all competitors, stay away from teaming up with Len (Radamus). Friends knows why! :twisted: (Hint: rule #2!) Beside that he is a great guy to team up with, but geese are just not his "job"! ;)
Last edited by JackRbbt on March 31st, 2017, 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

A little question : Are the dates ( April 13th - April 16th ) definitive ? It seems that is the date of our next Easter Event i think
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JackRbbt wrote:Sounds interesting, but goose is not one of my favorite targets. So, with regrets, i will pass this one.

An advice for all competitors, stay away from teaming up with Len (Radamus). Friends knows why! :twisted: (Hunt: rule #2!)
Just for that Jack, I'm going to make you nervous this evening ... I'll be hunting hard since wife is out of town and I'm on a hot streak Mr Bison Baiter :lol: .... btw Jack, I'm taking bids on who to partner with, blind bid only but gotta tell you, the price is up there already :D ... :lol:

As for Geese - I think it should be air shots only with a bow to make it a challenge
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Lenny, you know i love you and i will team up with you anyday, anywhere, but not on Hirschfelden, for geese! :P Still can forget you monumental mistake from that old competition!
Last edited by JackRbbt on March 31st, 2017, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”