[Unofficial] Spring Ironman Seasonal

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Foxtrotter
Scout

Re: [Unofficial] Spring Ironman Seasonal

Post by Foxtrotter »

Hah. Len, you can hunt with me if you like. I wont have you sit this one out just cuz no one will pick you as a hunting partner.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Foxtrotter wrote:Hah. Len, you can hunt with me if you like. I wont have you sit this one out just cuz no one will pick you as a hunting partner.
no problem - What Jack left out was, there was a bonus for taking 3 of your 20 geese with a bow - It was one of the bow shots. So when geese come in to land they drop their landing gear. There's a point in which they are still in the air but are scored as walking, I missed that magic line - I never gave it a thought before I submitted.....but here's the worst part - I had seen it after the hunt and it never registered in my brain....so I had to fall on my sword for something so stupid - but the goose was in the air.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

My partner and i are looking forward to this comp .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

DYEUZ wrote:My partner and i are looking forward to this comp .
Absolutly :D
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Radamus wrote:
Foxtrotter wrote:Hah. Len, you can hunt with me if you like. I wont have you sit this one out just cuz no one will pick you as a hunting partner.
no problem - What Jack left out was, there was a bonus for taking 3 of your 20 geese with a bow - It was one of the bow shots. So when geese come in to land they drop their landing gear. There's a point in which they are still in the air but are scored as walking, I missed that magic line - I never gave it a thought before I submitted.....but here's the worst part - I had seen it after the hunt and it never registered in my brain....so I had to fall on my sword for something so stupid - but the goose was in the air.
Now, that you said it, i rechecked the conditions for that competition (bow hunting for birds never interested me, except killing pheasant with crossbow) and you are right. I apologize for the omission, was unintended! But, still you and geese are not a good combo in my book! :D
Spoiler:

Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

So due to concern regarding the EW Easter Event and the overlap of the Spring Ironman Seasonal, the Ironman event will be postponed until the Easter Event has concluded.

I will post proper start and end dates as soon as I can find the Easter dates.

Dates for registering for the Spring Ironman Seasonal will commence this Sunday morning as planned.

I do this gladly and willingly so the community can parttake in both events.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

JackRbbt wrote:
walt133 wrote:... I would like to hear why it is a good idea to keep from playing with Radamus. ...
Well, long story short, Walt: in a previous competition, Len had an awesome suite of result, before last objective: hunt 20 geese with 20 shots. He killed 20, posted results, all nice, he was sitting comfortable on Top 3, until results check! Then the bomb exploded: ONE OF HIS GEESE WAS SHOT ON THE GROUND! Well, he said and we all believe him,because we know him, that geese was in the air, coming toward the ground, trying to land. The game considered that geese was already landed. Len was disqualified and lost his well deserved place in that competition final stage. Lucky guy, tho: one of the finalist forfeit for personal reasons and host and other 5 competitors decided to invite Len back, as substitute. Of course, needless to say, he was my team mate (that was my luck :lol: ). We went through a lot before competition (Lenny & Squiggy team, they called us), but we whooped the other two teams (even if the guys are - or were - our friends). Anyway, since then, Len, geese and competitions are not a "good combo", in my book. :D
Ok Jack thanks for the explanation. Some funny stories on here! :lol:

Return to “Competitions”