Ironman Seasonal Series Calendar

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

[UPDATE] April 9th, 2017

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the Ironman Seasonal Series.

This series will take you across all reserves throughout the year with four major competitions and finish up at the end of the year with a invitational annual wind-up event. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter Ironman Seasonals will take place approximately every two - two and a half months with the wind-up taking place between mid-December and mid-January.
The four seasonal events are open to the general population (competition space may be limited) and the prize winners of each seasonal competition will receive an invite to the annual wind-up as well as a +1 invitation for them to nominate an outstanding sportsman to join the years finale where prizes will be larger and a “Community Huntsman of the Year” will be named.

Currently the Spring and Summer Ironman Seasonals have been worked out with their locations, animals, reserves, scoring and unique rules of engagement which will be found on their respective topic pages as their dates near.

Please check back regularly as one-off competitions between seasonal events may be added to the calendar. One-off competition winners will not earn invitations to the annual wind-up but notice may be taken of your sportsmanship and participation in the community competitions.

Spring Ironman Seasonal April 13th – April 16th (Thursday to Sunday)
Photo Op Giveaway May 1st – May 31st
Summer Ironman Seasonal July 21st – July 30th (Friday – Sunday)
Hogs’n’Dogs August (Dates to be announced)
Autumn Ironman Seasonal September (Dates to be announced)
One For The Goats October (Dates to be announced)
Winter Ironman Seasonal November (Dates to be announced)
Ironman Invitational Wind-up Mid-December to Mid-January sometime (Dates to be announced)

Further details of each event will be added to the respective events’ forum topic page as the competitions near. Registration for each event will be required before the competition begins. As of competition start, the registration will be closed. Keep your eye on it and don’t be late. Participation spots may be limited and may change with each event.
All dates of events are subject to change to better coincide with EW Events and my own personal schedule.

Here’s to a great year and happy hunting!

Please do not post your questions or comments here as this is a calendar of events put on by myself Foxtrotter) only. If you wish to comment, I welcome all PMs. Just click my avatar. As questions come up, I will create a Q&A / FAQ and post them here myself.

Calendar Event Guide

Spring Ironman Seasonal
• Shotgun
• Hirschfelden
• Canada Goose

Prizes up for grabs:
1st Prize: The individual who brings in the highest grossing bird weight (if tied, tiebreaker goes to the hunter that submitted first). Prize pack is equal to 1 bird blind, a ½ spread goose decoy bundle, two flapping goose decoys, and an additional 1000 EMs intended to be spent on a shiny new shotgun of your choosing and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale. Total value is approx. 4000 EMs.
2nd Prize: 1000 em per team member and 2 invites each to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale. The team bringing in the most geese in a single hunt (if tied, the tiebreaker goes to heaviest gross weight team)
3rd Prize: A “Luck of the Draw” prize to an individual who matches a random bird weight. (I will shoot 1 goose post competition. The first hunter to submit carrying that weight on their hunt will win this prize. If there is no bird of the matching weight, the goose weight will be rounded up until a winner is chosen) 16 GA Side by Side Shotgun and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale.
Bonus Prize: Superman. Any hunter that brings 46 (greater than a 1.50 Kill / shot average) or more geese will receive 2 invitations to the Year-End Seasonal Wind-Up and a Hirschfelden Goose Hunting Blind or a 500 EMs Gift Code.

Month of May Giveaway
Camera Photo Op. 3 categories. Environmental, Player and/or Dog in action, Animal living or dead. Submissions must be linked from the participants “Gallery”, be it a Trophy Shot or a gallery picture taken with the In-Game Digital Camera. No screenshots allowed as I don’t want one persons mad Photoshop skills to be a factor over someone who thinks Photoshop is the name of an art gallery.

Prizes up for grabs:
500 ems for each category winner

Summer Ironman Seasonal
• Archery (No Crossbows)
• Whitetail Deer
• Whiteheart Island, Red Feather Falls, Loggers Point, Settler Creeks, Rougarou Bayou

Largest scoring Whitetail Deer from each reserve

2 submissions per reserve. The highest scoring animal in each reserve will count towards your final score.
All submitted animals must be killed from a tree stand or tripod stand with a bow (not crossbow) of your choosing. “Iron sights” only! This means that on the B&C form of a harvested animal that in the box listed “Scope” it should read “None”. All regular Ironman rules apply. No Weapon Optics. Heart and or Lung shots. 1 Shot per Animal.

Prizes up for grabs:
1st place: 2000 ems and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale
2nd place: 1500 ems and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale
3rd place: 1000 ems and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale
4th place: 500 ems and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale

Hogs’n’Dogs
• Any Permitted Weapon
• 3 Little Pigs and 1 Biggest, Baddest Wolf
• Timbergold Trails, Settler Creeks, Loggers Point, Rougarou Bayou, Bushrangers Run

The time has come to put an end to this children's tale. Bring your 3 smallest feral hogs (by weight) and your heaviest, highest scoring grey wolf to the leaderboard. Use any weapon you see fit, but ironman conditions still apply in this short one-off competition. No Weapon Optics. Heart and/or Lung shots. 1 Shot per Animal.
Participants must complete all 4 submissions to remain on the leaderboard at the end of the competition and be eligible for prizes.

Prizes up for grabs:
1st Prize: 500 ems goes to the lowest scoring combined pig weight.
2nd Prize:500 ems goes to the highest scoring combined grey wolf weight and score.
3rd Prize: 500 ems goes to the highest scoring combined pigs and wolf final scores.

Autumn Ironman Seasonal
• Rifle
• Rock Mountain Elk, Red Deer, Mule Deer, Roe Deer
• Timbergold Trails, Hirschfelden

1 submission per species. All shots must be greater than 50 meters and the animal must die of a single fatal shot to Heart / Lungs. Normalized B&C Scoring.

Prizes up for grabs:
1st place: 2000 ems and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale
2nd place: 1500 ems and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale
3rd place: 1000 ems and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale
Bonus Prize: 500 ems to the highest placing participant who submits a Heart Only shot on each submission.

One for the Goats
• Any Permitted Weapon. No Weapon Optics
• Timbergold Trails, Bushrangers Run, Val-Des-Bois
• Bighorn Sheep, Feral Goat, Alpine Ibex

Highest scoring male and female couple from each reserve is your submission entry. 3 entries per reserve / species. All regular Ironman rules apply. No Weapon Optics. Heart and or Lung shots. 1 Shot per Animal.

Prizes up for grabs:
1st Prize: 500 ems goes to the highest combined score for Bighorned Sheep
2nd Prize: 500 ems goes to the highest combined score for Feral Goat
3rd Prize: 500 ems goes to the highest combined score for Alpine Ibex

Winter Ironman Seasonal
• Blackpowder, Shotgun /w Slug
• Hemmeldal, Whiterime Ridge
• 2 Moose, Brown Bear, Reindeer, Bison, Polar Bear

1 submission per species per reserve. (Both moose can not be taken from the same reserve). All regular Ironman rules apply. No Weapon Optics. Heart and or Lung shots. 1 Shot per Animal.

Prizes up for grabs:
Bonus Prize: 500 ems and 2 invites to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale for the participant who submits the highest scoring Bison with a Heart Only shot using the .45-70 Buffalo Rifle.

Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale
Round specs:
Round 1 (Spring, Val-Des-Bois) 40 Invitations, Shotgun. No shot limit. Slugs or buckshot. 100% Trophy Value on both animals grants a 5% bonus to score.
Round 2 (Summer, Redfeather Falls) Top 24 Participants. Any Bow or Crossbow. No shot limit. Heart shot on both animals grants a 10% bonus to score.
Round 3 (Autumn, Timbergold Trails) Top 8 Participants. Any Centerfire Rifle. 1 shot kills. Heart and Both Lungs shot on both animals. 15% bonus if neither kill is Stationary / Standing / Sleeping.
Round 4 (Winter, Whiterime Ridge) Top 4 Participants. Blackpowder, Shotgun /w Slug. 1 shot kills from between 25m and 60m while hitting Heart / Lungs. Bonus of 20% if using the .45-70 Buffalo Rifle on a moving buffalo between 30m-35m.

The 4th round may take place in a timed, heads-up multi-player showdown hosted by myself and 3 volunteers where each participant will be streaming live via their “guide” as their camera man. This is merely an idea I’m toying with and would require a lot of help pulling off but in the end I think it would be a great way to close out the year with the hunter awards to wrap things up immediately afterwards.

4 prizes to be handed out at the end of the final round and 1 Hunter will be named “Community Huntsman of the Year”.

All hunters may submit up to 5 submissions of the same animal species per round. Rounds 1 – 3 last 1 week in which a participating hunter can submit 1 kill on 2 different species from the same hunt using iron-sights of any permitted weapon applicable to the round. (possible submissions is 5 & 5 of 2 different species per round.)
Scoring will be normalized against a species lowest and highest attainable scores and averaged between the quantity of animals of that species harvested. Hunters will then be ranked from 1 – 40 and the highest scoring participants will advance to the next bracket round.
Prizes for this round have not been decided upon at this time. An update will be posted as we get closer to the final event.

There are currently 30 of the 40 invitations available to be won through the seasonal events as well as a few extra in the bonus prizes. Any invitations remaining at the end of the Winter Ironman Seasonal will be passed out by myself to those who have shown great sportsmanship, skill, and an have been an upstanding part of theHunter community. Should any 1 hunter win in multiple events and earn more than 2 invitations meant for him/herself and a friend then they will simply be able to invite more friends that they deem worthy to participate in the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale.

Invitations are non-physical, non-digital and non-graphical and will be tracked by you and by myself through the events scoring and prizes spreadsheet I have created for this year-long event series.

Prizes for the Seasonal Ironman Events may change due to generous donations but should still hold the same approximate value.

Winner of each competition or event will be posted here as well as on their respective forum topic pages. Winners will also be notified via Forum PM by myself or their prize sponsor if applicable.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
Foxtrotter
Scout

Re: Ironman Seasonal Series Calendar

Post by Foxtrotter »

Spring Ironman Seasonal Winners

Stancomputerhunter, Highest Grossing Individual Bird Weight. 4000 EMs.
The Deadly Frenchmen (DEYUZ and FR_Bugs) Highest Total Goose Count. 2000 EMs
amramco, Luck of the Draw prize, a new 16 GA Shotgun. (amramco had the shotgun and was awarded 600 EMs)

In addition to their prizes, each winner also receives 2 invitations to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Bracket Finale.

Congratulations guys.
Returning Soon!

Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

May Photo-Op Giveaway

So this was a tough one to decide on, guys. You've all submitted some great pictures but in the end only one hunter per category can win.

In the Hunter Category:
Granti won 500 EMs with his untitled photo of Whiteheart Island at dawn depicting a hunter basking in the light of the rising sun.

In the Environmental Category:
Softkiller won 500 EMs with the scenic "Train To Catch" submission

In the Animal Category:
Kahuamp won 500 EMs with the life like "Hunter, Prey" submission.

Thank you to all who participated in the May Photo-Op Giveaway. This is something that I will be doing again in the future perhaps with a better in game camera or allowing the use of screenshots.

I hope you've all had fun and continue to participate in the Ironman Calendar Events. Coming mid July, my Summer Ironman Seasonal will be taking place featuring the much anticipated Whitetail archery competition where 5000 EMs in prizes and 8 invitations to the Seasonal Ironman Year-End Wind-Up Finale will be given away to the hunters placing in the 4 top positions. Keep an eye out here for more info as the date gets nearer. There will be an official topic posted when the time comes and the competition itself will be run through the new UHC App curtesy of Caldonianblues and Tod1d. A big thanks to those guys for putting this program together.
Returning Soon!

Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

I'm sorry to announce that due to a very busy schedule and the high amount of community comps taking place over the summer that I will not be hosting the Hogs N Dogs competition on the ISS calendar at this time.
All other official ISS comps will go ahead as scheduled.
Returning Soon!

Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

Summer Ironman Seasonal Winners

Grancazador
Intimid883r
DYEUZ
Sebusmalinowski

Each winner came away with a prize of 3000, 2000, 1000 and 500 EMs respectfully. In addition they have won themselves a pair of invitations to the Ironman Seasonal Series Finale.

Congrats guys.
Returning Soon!

Return to “Competitions”