Crossmania -Comps

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Crossmania -Comps

Post by Radamus »

ChooglinAlex wrote:getting a score at all is the actual achievement. Shame only places 1-3 get a trophy this time... :roll:
You got that right! It's it's a ton of work for $100 to win so obviously we don't do it for the money - Why do we climb a mountain that's easy enough to go around? because it's there ... it's been a great challenge.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Need some advice, please. Where the heck do I have to hit a Roo to get instant kill. Just got done chasing them all over BRR, everything was "body" or "intestines". Tried one in the head, said I hit head and one lung. Damn thing ran all the way to Milwaukee. Man, they just won't stand still for a shot..and hard to sneak up on. This is going to prevent me from posting a score. Very frustrating.
from the back when it is standing and looking around shoot for the spine between the shoulder blades but a bit lower thy do not keep there heads up long so be quick.

from the front when there head is down you could go for the head or just above the head into the top of the neck the arrow should get a bunch of organs. and I am sure you know where to shoot it broad side. but getting them there is another adventure.
Spoiler:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Need some advice, please. Where the heck do I have to hit a Roo to get instant kill. Just got done chasing them all over BRR, everything was "body" or "intestines". Tried one in the head, said I hit head and one lung. Damn thing ran all the way to Milwaukee. Man, they just won't stand still for a shot..and hard to sneak up on. This is going to prevent me from posting a score. Very frustrating.
You need patience & luck.

General tips:
Get close to a male - they will stand still over a longer period of time then females.
You will need to crawl-crouch-crawl quite a bit to get close.
Use scent remover. Clothes don't seem to matter though.
Either go for the brain/neck from behind or random multiple organs. The latter was the case with my roo. Followed him up a hill where he roamed around. Suddenly he turned towards me, head low towards the ground. I placed the bolt in the middle of the body piercing several organs in the process.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vill ... /529866636

Hope that was any help.

whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Radamus wrote:
ChooglinAlex wrote:getting a score at all is the actual achievement. Shame only places 1-3 get a trophy this time... :roll:
You got that right! It's it's a ton of work for $100 to win so obviously we don't do it for the money - Why do we climb a mountain that's easy enough to go around? because it's there ... it's been a great challenge.
I agree to both of you - actually getting a score on the board, is a HUGE achievement...and i finally got a score in the master league - a couple of places under Len ;) and like Len says, it's a ton of work...so yeah, not for the prices, the are to small, but for honor ;) Grats to everyone that got to scoreboard. Well, i'm off again - maybe i can do better on the scoreboard :D
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Thanks for all the tips, I appreciate it. One more. Take a look at this one. 30 meters. Right in the middle of the chest. "Body" aaaarrrrgggh! Too high? Too low? Reminds me of excaliber73 trying to get a heart shot on a Reindeer. I have 6 or 7 like that one.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

to me it looks like a bit high and a bit to far to the right
Spoiler:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Thanks for all the tips, I appreciate it. One more. Take a look at this one. 30 meters. Right in the middle of the chest. "Body" aaaarrrrgggh! Too high? Too low? Reminds me of excaliber73 trying to get a heart shot on a Reindeer. I have 6 or 7 like that one.
Too far to the right.

Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

nice comp, i d love to see something like that more often. made the 10k but had no time to improve. maybe 1 or 2 days more would be nice. congrats to the winners.

next time feathers pls. incl. ptarmigans;)
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

I'm SICK. I just read that the competition is any crossbow. I've bled out hours and hours of my life doing this competition, wondering why my kills don't count... going back and checking that they're all 90%+. I'm so mad I could spit! SPIT. This is my first crossmania, of course. I suppose anyone but a dope can tell by the name that you have to have purchased a crossbow, which I haven't, to be in the competition. KUDOS to the genius who did not highlight the crossbow requirement in the completion explanation. The lessons that hurt most in learning them are the ones I remember the longest.
ChooglinAlex

Post by ChooglinAlex »

ChooglinAlex wrote: Score is crap though, somehow I always f...ed it up with the males. So some of my scores are female only (example: my Wild boar scored 200 something... :lol: ).
Wraped this whole thing up with a nice 1029 Wild Boar at the end which I chased through Hirschfelden for over an hour... Got over 9000 with that, but now I'm done. Congrats to all you freaks for pulling it off to get a score, especially the masters league guys.

Good luck for the remaining few hours. Long live the crossbow! And tomorrow some certain Kangaroos on Busharngers gonna have a date with my 300 rifle! :twisted: :lol:

Return to “Competitions”