"Spring Heavies Comp- Unofficial Thread"

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "Spring Heavies Comp- Unofficial Thread"

Post by BCKidd »

:lol: :lol: I'm lovin' this guys. This feedback is awesome. I'm gonna write out what I can't seem to get across in the ROE.

Here is the scenario- There are twenty five animals- The comp entails that we have to harvest a minimum of one of each species. That's it. However, you are allowed to try and improve your score a certain number of times per species as predicated in the ROE. A simple requirement is that if you harvest five of the critters on the list in one hunt and you submit that hunt, the hunter link should depict that you only fired five shots "one shot per kill". This keeps the EHR forest floor clear of rotting carcasses.

SO you submit that first hunt, but aren't pleased with say the White Tail, you know you can get a heavier one, and the good thing is you still have a few more tries to better that score, but once you have used up all four tries (that means by submitting the weight score) you have no more tries to better the Wht Tail scoring weight. Is it the "one shot one kill" rule that is killing this comp? :? :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote: Is it the "one shot one kill" rule that is killing this comp? :? :lol: Peace.BCKidd.
On the contrary, there's nothing "killing" anything - Believe me, getting this out of the way and running it through the butcher shop now will pay off in the end.
Last edited by Radamus on February 23rd, 2017, 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DYEUZ wrote:
4- Portable and Stationary Towers are allowed
Do you mean the two person tripod stand ?
4- Portable and Stationary Towers are allowed
Do you mean the permanent towers, found on some reserves ?
1- No
2- Yes

Hope that helps clear that up. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote: Is it the "one shot one kill" rule that is killing this comp? :? :lol: Peace.BCKidd.
On the contrary, there's nothing "killing" anything - Believe me, getting this out of the way and running it through the butcher shop now will pay off in the end.
Good. Yeah, I agree, getting the ROE cleaned up so it is understandable is gonna be a big part in this monster. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'll throw a horseshoe at ya - Lets say you go to RFF, 6 animals that would score - your sheet MUST contain 1 of each species to be valid even IF one of them you don't like. 6 animals, 6 shots - Next hunt is WHI - 5 animals must be submitted on the scoresheet but your elk isn't as good as you got on RFF so you don't change score -but now you've used 2 attempts for the BT/WT and Elk - 2 left. ... idk, maybe a stupid idea.
It's going to be tough though because it's one of those deals where trk/spt skl lvl rules right? .... just what you need right? more suggestions :lol: ... stay focused on what it is that YOU want from it. It will be fine wants the green flag drops.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Ok, I got that a hunt can't have more shots than harvests.
But back some posts you were talking about not shooting any other animals besides the ones you want to submit, i.e. a doe.
So, by your last posts, BCKidd, I get that you can shoot whatever you want, as long as in the end you have the same numbers of shots fired and kills, and submit for the competition only the animals you want from that hunt.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

You'll only use up attempts if you submit them. If for instance you did harvest 6 critters from RFF, and the score sheet shows you only fired 6 shots, that is fine, but you don't have to submit anything from that hunt except what you are satisfied with. So, say out of the six, I submitted the Wt Tail, Black Bear and, elk, that is fine too and only the submitted animals from that hunt count against the allowed number of times you can submit (the sore sheet must only show- the six shots you took, tho'. no more and only if you are lucky-less.) So, I submitted the Black Bear, the wht Tail and Elk, but did not submit the Black tail or Moose because I'm pretty sure I could get a better one, then the only attempts affected in that particular hunt are the ones I submitted, the wht tail, the blck bear and the elk. Does that make sense? 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

BCKidd wrote:You'll only use up attempts if you submit them. If for instance you did harvest 6 critters from RFF, and the score sheet shows you only fired 6 shots, that is fine, but you don't have to submit anything from that hunt except what you are satisfied with. So, say out of the six, I submitted the Wt Tail, Black Bear and, elk, that is fine too and only the submitted animals from that hunt count against the allowed number of times you can submit (the sore sheet must only show- the six shots you took, tho'. no more and only if you are lucky-less.) So, I submitted the Black Bear, the wht Tail and Elk, but did not submit the Black tail or Moose because I'm pretty sure I could get a better one, then the only attempts affected in that particular hunt are the ones I submitted, the wht tail, the blck bear and the elk. Does that make sense? 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
It does make sense and it's pretty reasonable.
Thanks for the fast and thorough reply.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BuiuRei wrote:
BCKidd wrote:You'll only use up attempts if you submit them. If for instance you did harvest 6 critters from RFF, and the score sheet shows you only fired 6 shots, that is fine, but you don't have to submit anything from that hunt except what you are satisfied with. So, say out of the six, I submitted the Wt Tail, Black Bear and, elk, that is fine too and only the submitted animals from that hunt count against the allowed number of times you can submit (the sore sheet must only show- the six shots you took, tho'. no more and only if you are lucky-less.) So, I submitted the Black Bear, the wht Tail and Elk, but did not submit the Black tail or Moose because I'm pretty sure I could get a better one, then the only attempts affected in that particular hunt are the ones I submitted, the wht tail, the blck bear and the elk. Does that make sense? 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
It does make sense and it's pretty reasonable.
Thanks for the fast and thorough reply.
Thanks for asking the question. Slowly but surely the ROE will get there... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
piomarvado
Scout

Post by piomarvado »

BCKidd.
That's what I said in my comment, with the
statistics, you're just going to submit the best animal.

Return to “Competitions”