Request for Experimenters on Geese

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Request for Experimenters on Geese

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

Hi everyone,

This is related to the following post - http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=86219 - where I posted my findings regarding the problems that the Canadian Geese have.
Namely:
⦁ There are less flocks in Multiplayer than in Singleplayer.
⦁ Less flocks break formation in Multiplayer than in Singleplayer.
⦁ There are less flocks after around 45 minutes than during those 45 minutes.

I've just received an email reply from the Support team saying that the QA Testers can find no "measureable difference" and that the feedback from more players can guide them to the issue.
So I would like to request than anyone willing and able to please run their own experiments on the Canadian Geese in Hirschfelden.

What to do
If you are willing to take part and run some experiments of your own, then please run 3-6 experiments on Singleplayer AND (another 3-6) on Multiplayer, counting the total number of flocks as well as how many flocks have Geese that break from formation, plus the times of those flocks during the hunt (I did this by taking a screenshot through Steam at the start of the hunt & then of each flock, and comparing the times in the file name).

Experiment Rules
In order to keep the results of your experiments consistent, please follow these rules:

⦁ Please start all hunts at the same time in-game (I always started mine at 1000hrs in-game time).
- WHY: Even if there are more Geese at certain times of day, this shouldn't affect ratios and percentages so long as all experiments are during the same time of day.

⦁ Please run all experiments for 1 and a half hours (3 hours in-game).
- WHY: This will show a clear relation between the number of flocks during the first 45 minutes and after those 45 minutes.

⦁ Please go straight to your Decoy Spread setup at the start of the hunt. When spawning at my nearest tent, it would take me around 2-4 minutes to run to my spreads, which 9 times out of 10 was quick enough that I could get there before the first flock flew over. (I do not have tents at my spreads to prevent joining players from spooking Geese when they join my server).
- WHY: Missing flocks at the start of the hunt would contaminate the results.

⦁ Please do not shoot any Geese during the experiments.
- WHY: This will show that any reduction in the number of flocks after 45 minutes is not down to there being less Geese in the hunt because lots have been killed.

⦁ Please spook any grounded Geese back into the air as soon as possible after hearing another flock approaching.
- WHY: AFAIK, grounded Geese increases the chances of a flock flying over breaking. Also, fleeing Geese may also prevent a flock from breaking. Both of these would contaminate the results.

⦁ Please only count flocks of Geese that you can hear. AFAIK, only the flocks that you can hear honking can be attracted by a Decoy Spread &/or a Flag Lure/Long Range Caller.
- WHY: Counting flocks of Geese that would never have broken due to distance would contaminate the results.

⦁ When counting "breaks", please only count each flock that has any Geese break formation. Please do not count the number of Geese that break from a flock.
- WHY: This would lead to a ratio of something like "20 flocks, 114 breaks".

What You'll Need
⦁ A full 24/24 Decoy Spread.
⦁ Either a Long Range Caller or a Flag Lure.
⦁ A Sneaky 3D Fall Field Camouflage Waterfowl Blind.
⦁ A tent nearby to spawn at.

Posting Your Results
Please post your results below in the following format:
Experiment ##, SP/MP:
Total Flocks = ##; Flocks during first 45 mins = ##; Flocks after 45 mins = ##; Total breaks = ##
For example -

Experiment 1, MP:
Total Flocks = 20; Flocks during first 45 mins = 14; Flocks after 45 mins = 6; Total breaks = 12

Experiment 2, SP:
Total Flocks = 24; Flocks during first 45 mins = 15; Flocks after 45 mins = 9; Total breaks = 17

If you would like to do all the ratios, averages and percentages, then please by all means - it'll give me less to do. :p But I am happy to do all the maths for you.

I want to thank you in advance if you decide to take part. ;)
LessStealthMoreB00M

Re: Request for Experimenters on Geese

Post by LessStealthMoreB00M »

I am very late to this but wanted to comment as I agree with the post. I haven't done any experiments but every multiplayer game is the same. Lots of flocks flying directly overhead but only 1 in 10 actually breaking. In singleplayer it's not uncommon to get 40 kills per hour (obviously that slows down as the geese deplete). They have to know by now, there is a huge difference in playing MP and SP to the point that I almost always hunt geese (Canadian) solo because in multiplayer its just bird watching.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Request for Experimenters on Geese

Post by L3M182 »

"⦁ Please do not shoot any Geese during the experiments.
- WHY: This will show that any reduction in the number of flocks after 45 minutes is not down to there being less Geese in the hunt because lots have been killed.

⦁ Please spook any grounded Geese back into the air as soon as possible after hearing another flock approaching.
- WHY: AFAIK, grounded Geese increases the chances of a flock flying over breaking. Also, fleeing Geese may also prevent a flock from breaking. Both of these would contaminate the results."

what about the geese that break away from the decoys, land in the fields and sleep until disturbed?. ive always thought that was one of the reasons why it tends to quiet down.

also has anyone else had more luck now render has increased i haven't hunted geese since the update. it stands to reason you'd see more geese

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”