launcher login every time

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Violator31
Outfitter

launcher login every time

Post by Violator31 »

I searched back 7 pages, if a related thread is there I missed it.
Every time I open the launcher a browser window opens & saying "Thank you for joining! Continue to theHunter launcher to start playing!" and I have to sign in to the launcher. Every time.
There is no "remember my password".
What am I missing / doing wrong?
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: launcher login every time

Post by Tod1d »

Do you have the same issue if you log into the website? http://www.thehunter.com
It could be a browser setting. I think the launcher just uses your default browser.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Tod1d wrote:Do you have the same issue if you log into the website? http://www.thehunter.com
It could be a browser setting. I think the launcher just uses your default browser.
No problems with the browser. I use Chrome, except for these forums, I have to use Firefox for them. :roll:
I will try logging in to the website with Firefox also (I'll try about anything right now).
Thanks.
***edit*****
I actually was signed in on Firefox as well. So I guess it doesn't matter.
Thanks again.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I have this problem for almost a year!
I play on Steam and everytime I launch the game, I have to login to my account and browser open with the text you said: "Thank you for joining! Continue to theHunter launcher to start playing!"

I open a ticket about before but support couldn't help me either!
I reinstall the game, Steam, and even windows! Nothing!

So, I live with it and now I get used to it!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

HD_Artworks wrote:I have this problem for almost a year!
I play on Steam and everytime I launch the game, I have to login to my account and browser open with the text you said: "Thank you for joining! Continue to theHunter launcher to start playing!"
Since I bought the new pc I haven't downloaded the Steam launcher.
Maybe I give that a try tomorrow, from your experience it doesn't sound promising though. :roll:
Thanks
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Violator31 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:Do you have the same issue if you log into the website? http://www.thehunter.com
No problems with the browser. I use Chrome, except for these forums, I have to use Firefox for them. :roll:
I will try logging in to the website with Firefox also (I'll try about anything right now).
Thanks.
***edit*****
I actually was signed in on Firefox as well. So I guess it doesn't matter.
Thanks again.
Am I correct in assuming that you are starting the Launcher from a shortcut or icon on your desktop that is pointing to "launcher.exe" in the "programs files (x86)\theHunter\launcher" directory? So you are not starting the launcher from the web page by clicking the "Hunt Now" button?

I believe the launcher uses cookies to remember that you are logged in, so my guess is that something (some setting on your computer or one of your browsers or possibly your antivirus/internet security software) is deleting or expiring the cookies that the Launcher uses. That's my theory anyway.
Personal Bests...
slazia
Tracker

Post by slazia »

I've had this problem for ages (a year?) , too. Started after installing free Steam dlc for the game. I've been in contact with support well over six months. Still trying to find a solution.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

slazia wrote:I've had this problem for ages (a year?) , too. Started after installing free Steam dlc for the game. I've been in contact with support well over six months. Still trying to find a solution.
Same here. This problem happened for me after I install the Free Equipment DLC either!
I send an email to support exactly after the DLC released, but still didn't fix!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Fletchette wrote: Am I correct in assuming that you are starting the Launcher from a shortcut or icon on your desktop that is pointing to "launcher.exe" in the "programs files (x86)\theHunter\launcher" directory? So you are not starting the launcher from the web page by clicking the "Hunt Now" button?
Correct. I am using the launcher desktop shortcut.
Fletchette wrote: I believe the launcher uses cookies to remember that you are logged in, so my guess is that something (some setting on your computer or one of your browsers or possibly your antivirus/internet security software) is deleting or expiring the cookies that the Launcher uses. That's my theory anyway.
Your theory will be tested later tonight after work. But I bet you are right. It's a new pc & the day after I bought it I kept getting a prompt about an error (I don't remember the code#). So I took it back to have them look into it. Turns out the Norton antivirus was battling with the Kaspersky program already installed. When I bought it they tried to hand me a Kaspersky disc & told me it was free with the purchase. I already had Norton so I declined. I didn't look into it to see that Kaspersky was already in the programs.
You are probably right & again, I'll check into it after work.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

If you can help by launching the game from the Steam page, the problem you have is eliminated.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”