some older bugs

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

some older bugs

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

In the threads for feedback on the last Status and Game update, I made two posts complaining about some bugs with various items, some of them released in the last couple of months. I want to apologize for the way I approached you there. But that will be another thread.

Alena asked me to open a thread elaborating which bugs, especially with the latest rifles, I was ranting about. I had guests over Christmas and New Years Eve, so I hardly had time to be at the computer, and if I was, I used it to do some relaxing hunting :twisted: Most of that stuff are truly minor issues and I kinda regret that I was so negative.
I decided to put it here in this section because it's a more list of various bugs than a single report. Furthermore, I am reporting issues with equipment, animals and environment, so no matter where I put it, it will be in the wrong place.

First of all, there's a little sound bug with the .30R O/U Rifle. When moving, it doesn't play the closing sound properly. I can reproduce it by firing a shot from the .30R, start running and hit 'reload'. I can hear my dude opening the rifle and inserting the first cartrdge, but neither the sound of the second one sliding in, nor the 'closing' of the rifle. It's 100% repro when running, but also happening on other occasions. I got a feeling it has to do with priority of sound, because it happens at a higher chance when there's some kind of background noise, like rain or running footsteps. At first I thought it had to do with not enough sound channels available. But tried it on four systems, two of them with high end audio cards, with the same results.
I once made a post about it here but never reported it properly.
It's also mentioned by other players in the store item review about .30R rifle, and I remember another report about it but can't find it right now.

The Panther rifle also has a little issue when carrying only one 2-10x42 Rifle scope and using it on the Panther and another weapon. I once made a thread about it here but it was probably in the wrong section.

Then, there's this thing with the 3D Alpine camo where the player's feet are invisible. There are a couple of reports about it in the forum, like here and here
It's not a big thing but can be annoying when you harvest a nice ibex and just can't take a proper trophy shot because of dude's strange looking, invisible feet.

Another thing that I found a little annoying and that probably had a large part in making me mad is the problem with the behaviour of polar and grizzly bear. Like them fleeing for no reason from 200m+ while prone. But as far as I've read, you are aware of it and it's work in progress.

Furthermore, there were some trees in the new reserve where you could get caught between the roots. I hardly hunted there since then, so I don't even know if it's still there. Browsing the forum before opening this thread, I found a bug report that Martin responded to, so you're probably on or even got it fixed in the meantime.

There's a simmilar issue in Val des Bois. There are some places in Val de Bois where you can walk from steep shores into the river and get caught in deeper regions in the riverbed so you can't walk out. Only option then is to fast travel. When it is on cooldown, only option is to wait or quit the game. Happened to me just a couple of days ago. I will give it a couple of trys to deliver the exact coordinates of some locations where this can happen.

Then, there were some translation errors with the event missions. It was impossible to finish some of the missions following the German instructions. Like the fact that you needed a .45-70 but in the German translation it was just left out, only telling you to kill some moose or whatever. Or the original version saying it is neccesary to use a tower, stand etc, but the German translation saying without, which is the exact opposite. Here is a thread about it.
I know that translations are made by volunteers who don't get paid. But in my humble opinion, when you offer to translate stuff you should do it properly or leave it if you don't.
But I don't only want to complain here, I can also offer to help you with translation, wouldn't exspect anything in return. Won't make mistakes lake that, which cost you guys hard money, because I'm sure many Germs didn't buy items because they didn't know. Or got mad with the Holiday Event at all, like my girl did, and quit buying stuff for it.

This is it, or at least these are the most annoying points and the ones related to latest releases. As you can see, these all aren't big issues, but adding up with some stuff during holiday event and general pre-Christmas-syndrome kinda made me a little mad.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf
μολών λαβέ
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: some older bugs

Post by DYEUZ »

Regarding :

.30R rifle . From my exps , when you shoot only one round / bullet , the reload action will only put one on the top part and thats it . It is not like the o/u shot guns or s/s ones , where these eject both even if you shoot only one . If its that what you are talking about . About the sound , did not notice but will check it out .

Getting caught in the roots . It happened to me also . Roots that are long and close together , closing at the end . Tried prone , crouch , running with no success .
A '' jump '' button would be a must in that situation .

Bears behavior. I do not have the spooking of the Polar Bear at all . I can confirm that the Grizzly is more of a problem for all of us i think , since a couple weeks .
Pretty sure it wasn't intentional and not sure they ( EW ) will change anything towards that . Finding what cause this change could be a headache . But what do i know !

VDB deep water holes . I guess we just need to be really careful where we step . Its been there since the reserve been introduce imo . Couple times i managed to get out , how ? i don't really know . But most of times i got really stuck there . So i got my lesson .Don't think it will change , let us be more careful i say .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

piomarvado
Scout

Re: some older bugs

Post by piomarvado »

One mistake I noticed in several animals: they are running in a circle, when scared or running away.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”