Jittery when in game

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Stalker54
Spotter

Jittery when in game

Post by Stalker54 »

When you put that new hunting area Piccabeen Bay the game screens are now jittery. Nothing on my computer side has changed. It's not enjoyable to play anymore. Even aiming the gun is bad and hard to do. My tracking dog walks around like he has a tick up it's butt. There are flashing bars left to right . That up grand need fixed. I check the other hunting areas and they are all the same now. Everything was fin until that last upgrade. I tried changing the game settings and nothing help. I just renewed my membership and can't play the way it is. Humph.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Jittery when in game

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Moved to <Support & Technical Issues>

If no fellow player has an idea how to fix it, I recommend sending a ticket to support. ([email protected])
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

The Jittery is your FPS dropping. I have been experiencing it like many have. Just did a hunt in TGT where I run 59-60 even in the thickest crap. Today, in a place I hunt all the time, wide open field by the river. about 30min in it was bouncing between 30 and 60 mostly staying on 30 and after 10 minutes it goes back to 60 and doesn't happen again.
At the time I had 2 wolves, 2 bears, 4 mules and 3 elks in visual - Maybe a big pack of elk or wolves entered render (out of visual) or something? I know when I faced 1 direction in the TS it went away, as soon as I started turning in the direction of some elk it drops again.
No idea why it's happening though, I've had moments of many more animals in visual, (20 or more mixed) without issue. In fact the only time I can make this happen is doing a FT to my goose blind when about 30-40 geese are in a huddle- Aside from that, never seen this until recently.
I've found it to be very intermittent that eventually goes away.

Makes me wonder if some animals got an increase in rendering data added somehow? Kind of what it seems like
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Stalker54
Spotter

Post by Stalker54 »

Ok, ah What is a FPS? tech i'm not. Thank you for the reply...
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

FPS=Frames per second - it's the update rate.
FYI- So I did another hunt in TGT, still working these wolf missions. I did 2 hours, even went back through the same area I spoke of above and up in the hills some- never once had the FPS drop I had in the earlier hunt. It was also raining, windy, big groups of wolves, elk and mules - So no idea what's causing it.

If you run NVidia card and have Shadowplay installed for example, there's a option to have a FPS indicator in a corner of your screen- This is how we know when frame rate drops if things act jittery- If you can run at least 40-50 FPS it plays smooth, at 60, butter smooth and crisp - then some have 120mhz monitors that can run double that. And that's about all the help I can be- not a tech person either -

There's probably a small app somewhere that could had a FPS counter while in-game-much smarter people here know about this stuff than I. I find it a good tool so you know at least what's going on if things are acting up. I can run the game maxed out all settings on every reserve so when this happens, I know something is goofy, the hard part is duplicating it to be any help to anyone who might try to fix it.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Stalker54
Spotter

Post by Stalker54 »

Understanding it a whole lot better now. I do believe I do have that NVidia card in my machine but not sure, again not a techie. I open the room again and it played just fine this time. Who knows.
Stalker54
Spotter

Post by Stalker54 »

Well I still have the problem brought on my the latest update when the Piccabeen Bay was added. I've tried everything to fix it. I know one thing I will not renew my membership 3 months from now it and its not fixed. I've been a member now for 2 years. This is the only gaming site I have problem with so it's not my computer or speed or my video card. It's the update not me. I start up a room and it's all jitters, I join someone else's room and the same thing. You know when you first start room and music starts it jitters from the get go. I wrote a support ticket and so far I haven't heard anything form them. Not even a "We are working on the problem". SO I guess I'll see by the end of my membership. Then if it's not fixed, that's it for me. I just paid for three months and can't play.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Stalker54 wrote:...it's not my computer or speed or my video card. It's the update not me...
If it was the update, wouldn't there be a whole bunch of other people reporting the same problem?
Stalker54 wrote:There are flashing bars left to right .
It's hard to know without seeing a video, but this sounds like "artifacts" which is often an indication that your GPU is overheating. This can happen in a matter of seconds if your cooling is not working, or perhaps not working consistently.
Personal Bests...
Stalker54
Spotter

Post by Stalker54 »

My son has a computer in his room and I will open a hunting ground and we hunt together. His computer is doing the same exact thing. Everything was fine until the update. I did do a full diagnostic on this computer and everything is fine.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Ok....I'm just saying, it's been about 3 weeks since the update, thousands of people play everyday, and no one else has reported this issue. Logic would seem to dictate that something else is going on, perhaps related to your computer(s) or network.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”