TheHunter.com main page loading problem -

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: TheHunter.com main page loading problem -

Post by HD_Artworks »

Radamus wrote: I think Hossein is the only one I know of with worse speed that I have :lol:
Exactly! I'm the only one who feels your pain! :lol:
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

xOEDragonx wrote:I don't trust people who play games on their computer but say their internet is slow-- they just like to have an excuse to fall back on when they miss their shot at a trophy animal :roll:
Oooh talkin smack she does Hmmmm.... :lol: ... fyi - Explain to me - what is a "miss" on a trophy animal? I'm not familiar with this concept :P
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Radamus wrote:Explain to me - what is a "miss" on a trophy animal? I'm not familiar with this concept :P
When you're making up excuses, it can be anything you want it to be. Doesn't have to be literal. The game lagged... or froze... or crashed... Oooo or maybe you shot the animal and somehow the shot didn't hit where you aimed because of bad hitboxes... or maybe there was lung blood then suddenly it went to roaming and you couldn't catch up... or maybe you found it but couldn't harvest it... or the tracks just disappeared forever...

No one ever has to tell the real story about a poorly placed shot and poor tracking skills since this game has so many ways to cover it up. Faulty internet is a good one though :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Radamus wrote:Explain to me - what is a "miss" on a trophy animal? I'm not familiar with this concept :P
When you're making up excuses, it can be anything you want it to be. Doesn't have to be literal. The game lagged... or froze... or crashed... Oooo or maybe you shot the animal and somehow the shot didn't hit where you aimed because of bad hitboxes... or maybe there was lung blood then suddenly it went to roaming and you couldn't catch up... or maybe you found it but couldn't harvest it... or the tracks just disappeared forever...

No one ever has to tell the real story about a poorly placed shot and poor tracking skills since this game has so many ways to cover it up. Faulty internet is a good one though :)
So just like IRL hunters- The biggest ones ever known to man got away or were lost due to factors beyond anyone's control :lol:
Sometimes the ones that never were make for the best stories ;)
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I once lost at least a 420 Roosevelt Elk on WHI because my Bullpup jammed. I was trying to get it unjammed when he ran me over, but I didn't have any medkits, because I was carrying too many tracer arrows for my Cable-backed bow. And then my internet glitched so I accidentally picked the wrong lodge when I was fast-travelling, and had to walk all the way back from the other end of the reserve. By the time I got there he'd been replaced by a spiker Blacktail that had covered up all his tracks with new ones. I'm still miffed and that was 12 years ago. Happy New Years hunters! :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JimboCrow wrote:I once lost at least a 420 Roosevelt Elk on WHI because my Bullpup jammed. I was trying to get it unjammed when he ran me over, but I didn't have any medkits, because I was carrying too many tracer arrows for my Cable-backed bow. And then my internet glitched so I accidentally picked the wrong lodge when I was fast-travelling, and had to walk all the way back from the other end of the reserve. By the time I got there he'd been replaced by a spiker Blacktail that had covered up all his tracks with new ones. I'm still miffed and that was 12 years ago. Happy New Years hunters! :D
I hate situations like these - this has happened at least a dozen times in the 50 years since I started playing the game. One time it was even a melanistic non-typical elk with a red nose.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

This is giving me an idea for a new topic "Tall Tales of the EHR" :lol:
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Radamus wrote:This is giving me an idea for a new topic "Tall Tales of the EHR" :lol:
There are fragments of that thread thrown into a high percentage of the existing threads I think. 8-)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Violator31 wrote:
Radamus wrote:This is giving me an idea for a new topic "Tall Tales of the EHR" :lol:
There are fragments of that thread thrown into a high percentage of the existing threads I think. 8-)
"I do, I say, I do believe you're right, sir!"

(Written with the applicable deep-southern accent: "Ah do, Ah say, Ah do believe yah're right, sah!") :lol:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Update- As to this original post- Today, Hunter main page loading up fine first time, launcher loading up fine. I don't know if anyone changed anything or not, but no issues today - and that's the first time in a while I've been able to load the main page in one click~
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”