Why my game aren't 75hz?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Sirjohn

Why my game aren't 75hz?

Post by Sirjohn »

Good night!
I've trying to run the game with 75fps with a 75hz monitor, and aways my fps gets fixed in 60 with v-sync on and game configuration 1920x1080/75hz.

Whats wrong?

I3 4170
8GB 1600
1050TI
SSD 120

and one more question, why aways when scopping my fps drops alot?
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Why my game aren't 75hz?

Post by JimboCrow »

V-sync locks your fps at 60. To go higher you must disable v-sync.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

JimboCrow wrote:V-sync locks your fps at 60. To go higher you must disable v-sync.
No, V-sync locks to the frequency of your monitor, assuming you've set Windows and the NVidia control panel accordingly. For example I use a 144 Hz monitor, so V-sync caps at 144 FPS.

The OP may want to check the settings in the launcher to see of v-sync is on there, and if so, if that frequency is also set correctly. The real question is whether he is attempting to set the Hz in the Launcher or the 3D settings of NVidia control panel. Need to pick one or the other.

I run with V-sync OFF in the Launcher, but ON in the NVidia Control Panel.
Personal Bests...
Sirjohn

Post by Sirjohn »

Fletchette wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:V-sync locks your fps at 60. To go higher you must disable v-sync.
No, V-sync locks to the frequency of your monitor, assuming you've set Windows and the NVidia control panel accordingly. For example I use a 144 Hz monitor, so V-sync caps at 144 FPS.

The OP may want to check the settings in the launcher to see of v-sync is on there, and if so, if that frequency is also set correctly. The real question is whether he is attempting to set the Hz in the Launcher or the 3D settings of NVidia control panel. Need to pick one or the other.

I run with V-sync OFF in the Launcher, but ON in the NVidia Control Panel.
Tryied it, even set v-sync in Nvidia and Off in the game, got 60 fps
Sirjohn

Post by Sirjohn »

Working with World of Warcraft, the problem is with The Hunter :(
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Sirjohn wrote: Tryied it, even set v-sync in Nvidia and Off in the game, got 60 fps
Are you seeing the option for 75Hz in the Launcher setting for resolution and selecting it?

You might also want to check in Windows Display Settings-->Display Adapter Properties -->Monitor tab, to make sure Windows is also set to 75Hz.
Personal Bests...
Sirjohn

Post by Sirjohn »

Fletchette wrote:
Sirjohn wrote: Tryied it, even set v-sync in Nvidia and Off in the game, got 60 fps
Are you seeing the option for 75Hz in the Launcher setting for resolution and selecting it?

You might also want to check in Windows Display Settings-->Display Adapter Properties -->Monitor tab, to make sure Windows is also set to 75Hz.
Yes, It is! Also tryed 60,59 and 50, all of this got 60

Is seted because Wow is running with 75fps, after i changed v-sync in NVidia, my Windows is 10 1709

What os yours?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

How are you connecting the monitor to the computer? If you're using an HDMI cable, there's the problem. HDMI 2.0 is limited to 60 Hz. You need to use DisplayPort or DVI. The screenshot you provided from World of Warcraft doesn't show refresh rate. It shows frame rate.
Sirjohn

Post by Sirjohn »

caledonianblues wrote:How are you connecting the monitor to the computer? If you're using an HDMI cable, there's the problem. HDMI 2.0 is limited to 60 Hz. You need to use DisplayPort or DVI. The screenshot you provided from World of Warcraft doesn't show refresh rate. It shows frame rate.
Using a Display Port, also Wow is working well with 75hz

O know, but my fps in wow os higher than 75, when i turned NVidia V-sync on, wow locked on 75
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Fletchette wrote:
Oops, my bad. Sorry. :? :oops:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”