Calculating score...

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Calculating score...

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Am I the only one who's still getting endless score calculation on the harvest screen - in about 40-50% of the cases? It's been happening a lot in the last week or so - luckily, until now I always found the animal in my harvests and it wasn't completely lost like it could happen in the past. Still annoying. So: Does anyone else experience this a lot at the moment?
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: Calculating score...

Post by HD_Artworks »

Hi, Marc.

It didn't happen for me. I did hunt some Bighorn Sheep and some other animals in the new reserve and the score caculated as it should.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I had it once or twice when there were server issues, but not since. I had a long hunt on Piccabeen Bay on Friday and harvested around 30 animals without a glitch or delay.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

I did also have it when there were server issues, but not anymore now.
No idea what you could do to fix it namesnake ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

I never understood this "Calculating score...", it doesn't seem to calculate anything, because when I have a score that is based on weight and that weight is visible in that same window, then I don't see what needs to be calculated. Secondly, I sometimes had this issue in the past (long before the latest issues) and when I clicked "resume" to leave that window to cancel the waiting time, the score would still register just fine. The only issue I had was in multi-player, the kill wouldn't be added to the number of kills I had so far (F3), but my hunting stats were just fine.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Levado wrote:I never understood this "Calculating score...", it doesn't seem to calculate anything, because when I have a score that is based on weight and that weight is visible in that same window, then I don't see what needs to be calculated. Secondly, I sometimes had this issue in the past (long before the latest issues) and when I clicked "resume" to leave that window to cancel the waiting time, the score would still register just fine. The only issue I had was in multi-player, the kill wouldn't be added to the number of kills I had so far (F3), but my hunting stats were just fine.
That's because "Calculating score" really means "Communicating with game server". The client is communicating to the server what just happened, so the server can save the entry in the database, calculate if the score places in comps, completes missions, and several other things. If the server is busy or there are communication issues between your client and the server, the wheel spins until the server catches up, the connection is restored, or the communication fails completely.

The database can still be updated even if you escape out before the server responds that it's complete, because it still got the message.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”