sound in witerime ridge

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Pittie
Hunter

Re: sound in witerime ridge

Post by Pittie »

I hope EW will fix it this week.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Fletchette wrote:There is a temporary solution (fix) for the sound bug posted here. It takes less than 30 seconds to do it.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 64#p910764
Thanks for your hints John. I just got my sitka for the Jolly points competition without sound, but do you know whether this would also work with Steam? Just in case another WRR animal needs to be hunted before it gets fixed.
Since the WEB installed game and the Steam installed game are identical, it should work. What I don't know is whether Steam will subsequently detect the missing file and fix it (meaning break the fix by downloading the file again). My guess is that it won't unless a person performs the "verify the integrity of the game cache", function in Steam, but I'm not sure since I've only tested the Web install. It can't hurt to try.
Personal Bests...
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Thanks Fletchette, this hint works fine, also with steam.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

vladspb74

Post by vladspb74 »

I did everything advised Fletchette. What a joy it was for me that this tonal sound did not become but .... the joy lasted 25m17sec. Again this tonal sound! :? I hope the developers will solve this problem soon. Fletchette thanks, let not for long I stayed on the map, but managed to get a couple of trophies.
vladspb74

Post by vladspb74 »

disconnected the system with surround sound and connected stereo speakers, now you can hunt in this location and then without sound it was not very much. Thank you, Fletchettte, for your help!
Allura

Whiterime Ridge sound glitch?

Post by Allura »

Hey, I just started playing this game about 3/4 weeks ago, and just now i loaded up whiterime ridge for the first time, and i have a high constant beeping sound, i hear nothing else, no gunfire ect.

All the other maps work fine, anyone knows what to do?
I did do a quick google search and couldnt find anything.

Thx in advance, and happy holidays to you all.

Allura.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Merged two threads about WRR sound bug.

Allura, the devs will patch this issue when they are back from the Christmas Holidays. Until then, you could try the workaround described in this thread. Or hunt on one of the other reserves. ;)
Image Image Image
Allura

Post by Allura »

Hey, thx for the fast reply, sorry that I am blind as a bat, and didnt notice this post. I will try the fix, and if it doesnt work, still allot of reserves I really enjoy:)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Allura wrote:Hey, thx for the fast reply, sorry that I am blind as a bat, and didnt notice this post. I will try the fix, and if it doesnt work, still allot of reserves I really enjoy:)
I'm using a headset with surround sound. I disabled that, and all is good. Until the patch.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TheTrueWanderer
Scout

Whiterime Ridge - Woooowooowoooo Noise

Post by TheTrueWanderer »

I am getting a constant wooowooowooo alarm sort of noise whenever I load up a hunt on whiterime ridge. Not happening on any other map I have tried.

The normal intro music plays and then just before the map loads in a wooowooowooo noise starts and doesnt stop until I quit out.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”