Equipment vanishing from map - caused by loadouts?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Equipment vanishing from map - caused by loadouts?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I have just had a strange bug two times: equipment that was placed on the map (in one case a ground blind, in a second case a turkey decoy setup = one male & two female decoys) suddenly vanished. It was still shown on the map selection screen when I started the game ("Create single player game"), but in-game it suddenly was gone. The thing is: I used a special loadout for a competition that included a ground blind and three turkey decoys. I've never had this happen before, so my suspicion is that somehow the loadout took the equipment from the map, even though I still have unused ground blinds and turkey decoys in my inventory.

Now my question, before submitting this as a bug report, is: Did this happen to anyone else before?
Image Image Image
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Equipment vanishing from map - caused by loadouts?

Post by TreeKiwi »

Interesting :) Should he easy to try and reproduce based on the info! You might be right though, sounds like the loadouts might be eating them again! :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks for the response, Mat. Do you want me to create a bug report or do you have it on your "Ask the programmers" list? ;)
Image Image Image
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Is not a bug, is the normal way of things!

Any deployable (stands, blinds, tents etc.) from a loadout STAYS in the loadout. So, if you install it during play, when you leave the reserve it "returns" into loadout. If you want to make it permanent, at the end of the hunt, being near a lodge or a tent, overwrite the loadout (click "Save").
Spoiler:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Jack, I doubt that this is how it is intended. If I leave a reserve and don't pick my equipment back up, I want it to stay there and the loadout should be refilled with another piece of equipment in the next hunt - or the slot left empty if I don't have another one in my inventory.

Also, while the ground blind was indeed put up in the hunt before, the turkey decoys that vanished were age old. So even if what you describe was intended, it didn't work like it should.
Image Image Image
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Its pretty cool actually :D so if take my "on the go e callers" and at some point forget em on the map i dont have to run a marathon next time to get it back :D

Its not a bug - ITS A FEATURE :lol:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Jack, I doubt that this is how it is intended. If I leave a reserve and don't pick my equipment back up, I want it to stay there and the loadout should be refilled with another piece of equipment in the next hunt - or the slot left empty if I don't have another one in my inventory....
Marc, this is how you see things, but a loadout "preserves" itself, so it can be used as many times as owner wants, exactly in the form it was created. As i wrote in previous post, if you want to leave a deployable from a loadout, all you have to do is to alter the initial form. Easy as 1-2-3! ;)

What you say about auto-refilling works only for consumables, because there is a difference between a deployable (when you install it, you still have it) and a consumable (when you use it, you lost it).
Last edited by JackRbbt on December 3rd, 2017, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I understand how this could be a cool feature, but I think it's not very intuitive, not very well documented (if it's meant to be a feature) and in contrast to the fact that until now any large equipment that you wanted to pick up again, you had to walk to it. If this behavoir is intended, we might as well have an option to pick our large equipment from the launcher - not that I wouldn't like this.

Also, if I want to leave large equipment from my loadout in the field, but I have just fast traveled and the next tent or lodge is far away, then I can't update my loadout and am SOL.

And as I already mentioned: it removed my turkey decoys that were there for months.
Image Image Image
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Well, make me understand what happened: do you had turkey decoys in your loadout, you installed them and when you left, another set of decoys vanished, along side the newly installed ones? Or only an old set vanished and newly installed ones remained?
Spoiler:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Any news on this? It's still happening, it just took a ground blind from my map. So I guess I should submit a bug report...
JackRbbt wrote:Well, make me understand what happened: do you had turkey decoys in your loadout, you installed them and when you left, another set of decoys vanished, along side the newly installed ones? Or only an old set vanished and newly installed ones remained?
Sorry for the late reply, hadn't seen your post. I had turkey decoys in my loadout and when I started the game with this loadout the next time, old ones vanished from the map. Old ones as in: have been there for months! This is the reason why I guessed that the loadout accidently takes them from the map, not from my lodge inventory or storage (however you want to call this).
Image Image Image

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”