Shoot in heart NOT 100% value

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
LostBullet
Spotter

Shoot in heart NOT 100% value

Post by LostBullet »

hi,

at 1st time i got suspisious....but now...what the hell.... fox and coyotes shoot in the heart DONT get 100% value of kill???

sorry but im getting " dif" about post pictures... just see the my hunt historie. :o ... a lot of examples...see the hear shoots.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: Shoot in heart NOT 100% value

Post by JackRbbt »

Let's have few things clear:
1. Harvest value is determined by wound time and trophy integrity. The lower wound time and the higher trophy integrity gives a higher harvest value. The ideal situation is 0 sec. wound time and 100% trophy integrity, what means 100% harvest value.
2. A heart shot ALWAYS gives you 0 sec. wound time, but using an overpowered weapon, even if is ethical for that species, won't gives you 100% trophy integrity, so harvest value won't be 100%.

This is the perfect example (took from your statistics):

- heartshot - 0 sec. wound time
- 7 mm Magnum ammo - 82.026% trophy integrity

That's pretty logical: a 7 mm Magnum bullet can instantly kill a 900 kg. bison, so try to imagine what effect may have on a 20 kg. coyote. Try to use a smaller caliber, like .223 or .243, and see what happens! ;)

P.S. Or you may try a bow/crossbow (i wasn't sure, because some time ago didn't worked for 100% harvest value, so i had to check. It seems to be fixed now!):

Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”