error 145: the directory is not empty

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Smithjones20

error 145: the directory is not empty

Post by Smithjones20 »

So, I played like a week ago and it was fine. It seems as though when the latest update was installing I received this error. It is really frustrating me! :twisted: I have tried numerous clean installs and the same thing keeps happening. I've restarted every time as well. I've even deleted the download files in the program files (x86) folder and then restarted to reinstall the game. Still not working. And I've searched for a good while and can't come up with a solution. I think it has something to do with the new update.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: error 145: the directory is not empty

Post by Fletchette »

That error comes from Windows, and it means that Windows thinks a file in the directory (folder) is still open. Have you rebooted your computer, or better yet shut is completely down and restarted it. That should close any open files. Then check to be sure the "program files (x86)\theHunter" folder is complete gone. Not just empty, but gone.

So try these steps:

1. Uninstall the game from the Windows control panel.
2. Delete the "Program Files (x86)\theHunter" folder. If you have problems deleting it, then reboot the computer and try again.
3. Reboot the computer.
4. Download and install the Launcher again.
5. Let the Launcher install the game again.

Of course the best thing to do is to just install Steam, and let Steam install the game. It's free, and Steam almost never has installation problems. Once the game is installed through Steam, you just log into your existing theHunter account and play as usual.
Personal Bests...
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Fletchette wrote:
Of course the best thing to do is to just install Steam, and let Steam install the game. It's free, and Steam almost never has installation problems. Once the game is installed through Steam, you just log into your existing theHunter account and play as usual.
Or: after the steam installation, you check the games integrity through steam, you kan find that in the game properties "verify integrity"

Then you copie the "GAME " map from the steam instalation " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter "

into the normal hunter map" C:\Program Files (x86)\theHunter\new " maybe you wil get a short update if you run the game. But it worked for me !

good luck !

Smithjones20

Post by Smithjones20 »

Fletchette wrote:That error comes from Windows, and it means that Windows thinks a file in the directory (folder) is still open. Have you rebooted your computer, or better yet shut is completely down and restarted it. That should close any open files. Then check to be sure the "program files (x86)\theHunter" folder is complete gone. Not just empty, but gone.

So try these steps:

1. Uninstall the game from the Windows control panel.
2. Delete the "Program Files (x86)\theHunter" folder. If you have problems deleting it, then reboot the computer and try again.
3. Reboot the computer.
4. Download and install the Launcher again.
5. Let the Launcher install the game again.

So, I didn't try worry about it for a while, but I spent like 2 hours trying this and cleared the roaming folder, did full shut downs and everything. Nothing works. I can't even get the steam version to work. When I click on the launcher through steam it appears as though it is getting ready to launch and then nothing happens. So, I click on it again. The,n, it appears as though it's trying to launch and then nothing. Same thing with the actual launcher itself, it'll come up in the task bar like it launched, but when I click on it, it just won't bring up the page. I am really frustrated and have no idea what to do. I just want to keep playing the freaking game. It seems like technical issue that is hard to fix gets in my way at least 2 times a year when I start playing this game again.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”