adding em$

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
pegleg1972

Re: adding em$

Post by pegleg1972 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Why would anything on the official forums help or would you hope for EW to fix when it is something on Steam’s side? You have to wait for Valve to take care of it, nothing will help here. And yes, I use Steam as well but I have no problems, just bought some em$ earlier. Word of advice: don’t put money in your Steam wallet.
Because it is in the developers best interest to see they recieve money thats why.So they should also check into problem makes sense to me.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

And it’s also the weekend, and none of the staff would even be around to see. EW will not lose money because it’s held up on Steam. It’s Valve’s issue. EW will receive all money paid through Steam when Valve gets the issue sorted out. It’s probably just a little server hiccup anyway that is not affecting everybody. If you reported the issue to Valve, then it is known and it’s in their hands.
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

I just bought em$ via the official thehunter classic website and I see that 5000 em$ costs 43,99 USD, in Europe we pay also 43,99 but then in Euro's. As you convert 43,99 USD to Euro's then that means 36,57 Euro. A dis-advantage for Steam users of about 17% (in my opinion) Is this maybe the commission for Steam...?
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DutchHunter74 wrote:I just bought em$ via the official thehunter classic website and I see that 5000 em$ costs 43,99 USD, in Europe we pay also 43,99 but then in Euro's. As you convert 43,99 USD to Euro's then that means 36,57 Euro. A dis-advantage for Steam users of about 17% (in my opinion) Is this maybe the commission for Steam...?
For years it used to be much cheaper for me to buy em$ on Steam (compared to the website), but at one point the prices on Steam increased and now it's cheaper via the website indeed. I don't know where that price difference comes from, but there's always been a difference one way or the other. It also depends on the country you live in.
Image Image Image
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
DutchHunter74 wrote:I just bought em$ via the official thehunter classic website and I see that 5000 em$ costs 43,99 USD, in Europe we pay also 43,99 but then in Euro's. As you convert 43,99 USD to Euro's then that means 36,57 Euro. A dis-advantage for Steam users of about 17% (in my opinion) Is this maybe the commission for Steam...?
For years it used to be much cheaper for me to buy em$ on Steam (compared to the website), but at one point the prices on Steam increased and now it's cheaper via the website indeed. I don't know where that price difference comes from, but there's always been a difference one way or the other. It also depends on the country you live in.
Yep for example if you're in the UK it's still cheaper to purchase via steam (about 10% better)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
I think it's because they are not adjusting for currency fluctuations on a regular basis. Steam doesn't do it automatically, so someone on the Dev team needs to do it manually and they forget.
Personal Bests...
pegleg1972

Post by pegleg1972 »

Fixed problem with not being able to buy em$ on steam.When i had problem was when i signed into steam again would take me to steam instead of payment options.So tried again but at sign in checked keep me signed in on this computer tried went to steam page.Closed launcher tried again went right through since i checked stay singed in on this computer went straight to payment options and done.Hope this helps someone who has this problem.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”