Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
ballester_molina
Spotter

Re: Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Post by ballester_molina »

JimboCrow wrote:
ballester_molina wrote:Non-steam version is not supported or what? I don't have 'steam'.
Read this whole thread for help. Let the launcher restart the download as many times as it wants. There is more than one download although the messages and sizes of the downloads are not correct or helpful. Let the download restart as many times as it takes until it starts to extract and install the game again. It will fix itself, but you have to let it finish. Do not stop it even if it restarts the download process several times. Post your results here. Jim.
I tryied, but had no success. I'll wait until devs fix this bug.Happy Easter folks ! )))
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

This problem still exists.
I'm trying to download the game but download restart randomly at about 40-60%.
I have uninstalled launcher and removed temp files in Appdata/Roaming, but it still happens.

I'm on an extremely slow connection and it's so disappointing to see the download start over... It takes hours to download again. :(
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yes, it will do that. If you let it go it will bounce back to zero and you might think it is downloading again the entire game, but in reality- it isn't starting over. In fact at whatever percentage it stops at and starts again, is a % that you have already downloaded, and it isn't starting all over again as some may think. Good Luck! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

BCKidd wrote:Yes, it will do that. If you let it go it will bounce back to zero and you might think it is downloading again the entire game, but in reality- it isn't starting over. In fact at whatever percentage it stops at and starts again, is a % that you have already downloaded, and it isn't starting all over again as some may think. Good Luck! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Oh crap, I saw it restart maybe 3 times or so and it said downloading full game 10Gb, and then I uninstalled and removed temp files.. Maybe it was almost done and now I'm back at square one again because I deleted the files!

I will try to let it do whatever it's doing and see if it works.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

It started extracting and install, I then get an error about a file that is corrupt, was something like pc2.arc.
I pressed abort and it started to download 5.3 Gb again. After that DL was done I got a corrupt file error again..

theHunter\temp2017100501\pc1.arc
Aborted.
Now it's downloading 5.3 Gb again. Does this happen for you guys too?
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

ehr_Icaar wrote:It started extracting and install, I then get an error about a file that is corrupt, was something like pc2.arc.
I pressed abort and it started to download 5.3 Gb again. After that DL was done I got a corrupt file error again..

theHunter\temp2017100501\pc1.arc
Aborted.
Now it's downloading 5.3 Gb again. Does this happen for you guys too?
:cry:

I just downloaded the files, how could they be corrupted?? Is there no integrity check on the files?
Can I just download the corrupted file from somewhere? I really don't want to start over again downloading everything.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I hardly recommend you to install and play the game on steam.
I have seen that some of the members don't have any problem with install the game with the launcher. but using steam is a good way for those who have issue with the launcher.
At least it worth to try!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

Tried to ignore, all files was corrupted.
pc1.tab
pc2.arc
pc2.tab
pc3.arc
pc3.tab
pc4.arc
pc4.tab
pc5.arc
pc5.tab
pc6.arc
pc6.tab
pc7.arc
pc7.tab
locales\am.pak
ar.pak
bg.pak
... and like 20 other language.pak files.
Pressed abort by mistake and everything was deleted, folder is around 50mb again instead of Gb's of data and the launcher started to download over again from nothing...

Downloading on steam now. I really hope it works because if not I will give up.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Hey ehr, here is a link http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=79320 with concise instructions on how to patch through "Steam" if you don't want to play through "Steam" but rather theHunter launcher- you can copy and paste theHunter "Game" folder from "Steam" to "theHunter" game folder. This is what I have been forced to do. The video from the link- 4 replies down- will guide you through it. It is really simple once you watch the video. Hope this helps. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

Using steam files works! Thanks guys! :)
The download was much smaller too

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”