Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Post by stancomputerhunter »

kusbom wrote:I have the same issue! When i start the launcher it starts to download o full download, ca 8GB!! But when it comes to 35-45% it stops. I`ve tried to delete The Hunter from the PC and then reinstalled it. But it doesn`t helps.......I`m out of ideas....
Watch this video from Fletchette..solves your problem.

This solution has been posted several times in this thread, yet people still come here and post that they can't download the patches without doing a full install. Instead of reading the entire thread.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

maybe people have not read all the posts in the thread...maybe it's a pain in the 'bumm' to read all the posts from the beginning...a simple answer would do for anyone....by the way, ,,the video isn't working.....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

strange, the video just started work..
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

outrider wrote:maybe people have not read all the posts in the thread...maybe it's a pain in the 'bumm' to read all the posts from the beginning...a simple answer would do for anyone....by the way, ,,the video isn't working.....
I agree, it's a pain in the bum to read the entire thread, but how much more of a pain is it to have to download the entire game each time there is a patch? :roll: One only has to read the entire thread...once. :)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

I wanted two accounts.
One on Steam, where I spend all my money.
The other on a straight download, to be a F2P player.
Both worked fine until the update.
The straight download kept re-installing the full game, and never ending.
ALSO...........I could not log into THIS FORUM, it seemed this forum could not deal with two memberships, even with differing email addresses.
When I uninstalled the straight downloaded game, out of frustration, I could suddenly log back into THIS FORUM again.
I have given up trying to have two accounts with theHunter game.
The video may solve the non-Steam installing problem, but I like to contribute to THIS FORUM.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Kinarr wrote:I wanted two accounts.
One on Steam, where I spend all my money.
The other on a straight download, to be a F2P player.
Both worked fine until the update.
The straight download kept re-installing the full game, and never ending.
ALSO...........I could not log into THIS FORUM, it seemed this forum could not deal with two memberships, even with differing email addresses.
When I uninstalled the straight downloaded game, out of frustration, I could suddenly log back into THIS FORUM again.
I have given up trying to have two accounts with theHunter game.
The video may solve the non-Steam installing problem, but I like to contribute to THIS FORUM.
The forum accounts are completely independent from the game accounts, you could even have one without playing the game. So your problems with logging into the forum were in no way connected to any updating issues the game has, there must've been another problem.
Image Image Image
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

Tanngnjostr wrote: The forum accounts are completely independent from the game accounts, you could even have one without playing the game. So your problems with logging into the forum were in no way connected to any updating issues the game has, there must've been another problem.
Except for the fact that the downloaded game player profile has a "FORUM" link next to the "MISSIONS" & "HELP" links that the STEAM player profile has missing.
And when you click that link it brings you directly to THIS forum.

I, with due respect, would not describe that as "completely independent"...in fact I ask for clarification please.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Kinarr wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:The forum accounts are completely independent from the game accounts, you could even have one without playing the game. So your problems with logging into the forum were in no way connected to any updating issues the game has, there must've been another problem.
Except for the fact that the downloaded game player profile has a "FORUM" link next to the "MISSIONS" & "HELP" links that the STEAM player profile has missing.
And when you click that link it brings you directly to THIS forum.

I, with due respect, would not describe that as "completely independent"...in fact I ask for clarification please.
It's just a link to the forum, but that doesn't mean that your forum account is in any way linked to your game account. It is not.

I did not say that the forum and the game were independent as in: they're made by different companies or people. Of course it's the official forum and it's upheld and promoted by EW. I just said that the accounts are independent from each other - and that's a fact.
Image Image Image
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

I appreciate the quick reply.
The solution is beyond me.
I will be grateful that I have a working game account
and a working forum account I can log into.
Thanks for trying to help.
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Kinarr wrote:I appreciate the quick reply.
The solution is beyond me.
I will be grateful that I have a working game account
and a working forum account I can log into.
Thanks for trying to help.
Just bookmark the Forum in your browser, ( or add to favorites if you use Internet Explorer). Simple as that.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”