Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
BCKidd

Re: Repeated download on Non-Steam launcher? Look here!

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:yes, the game has come a long way. and i still support it. but like everything else in life, the more you do something, the better you get at it. so, to me, there is something off somewhere... it's a very strange thing. i have a desktop in the living room that i mainly use to watch missed programs from the television . but, i keep theHunter updated on it so from time to time i can hunt on a larger screen. the last updated installed without doing a complete installation....weird, huh..
:shock: That is weird. I'm still doing a cmplt dwnld right now, I hope I get through it without issues. Not soundin' to promisin' tho'. Does the game even work for you since you never got a cmplt installation? :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

everytime i have used that PC for theHunter, it has worked...but, i haven't tried after the last update....let me go and check...BRB

EDIT: well, i'll have to wait for a bit..it seems to be patching the patches that were released after the update.....but, i was able to get on site fine...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

BCKidd wrote:
outrider wrote:yes, the game has come a long way. and i still support it. but like everything else in life, the more you do something, the better you get at it. so, to me, there is something off somewhere... it's a very strange thing. i have a desktop in the living room that i mainly use to watch missed programs from the television . but, i keep theHunter updated on it so from time to time i can hunt on a larger screen. the last updated installed without doing a complete installation....weird, huh..
:shock: That is weird. I'm still doing a cmplt dwnld right now, I hope I get through it without issues. Not soundin' to promisin' tho'. Does the game even work for you since you never got a cmplt installation? :? Peace.

BCKidd.

yep, it works.

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:
outrider wrote:i don't know if this is what you are talking about. but the game has re-installed about four times since the last update...it's doing it right now... :(
Yeah, I'd say about 4 times and again, t'day. All for those furry lil' Goats. T'day I actually had to boost up my dwnldable Data. I know Data usage, heck we're in the 21st century, but, if Data type internet accounts is all ya can get, because of mountainous regions, what are you gonna do. I wasted I think 4.44 Gbs x 3 or 4 whatever it might be, that for me is over half of what my Internet Provider, provides. I know, I could us e "Steam" like many point out, but ... :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
I feel for you BCKidd, especially with what you've got invested and at stake right now. I was in your "data" shoes once, for a long time, until they upgraded the internet infrastructure locally. I know you must be right ticked off.

As for having to play through Steam, it's definitely no bargain either. As several others have already pointed out, the gameplay through Steam is severely degraded right now, with hesitations every 10-20 seconds as if animals are constantly coming into render. I have played both versions recently, one after the other, and it is very annoying to play through Steam. We just can't win either way right now, so I'm doing the copy and paste thingy, and playing through the website until (when and if) they get this silliness straightened out. Disappointing indeed. :(
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

JimboCrow wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
outrider wrote:i don't know if this is what you are talking about. but the game has re-installed about four times since the last update...it's doing it right now... :(
Yeah, I'd say about 4 times and again, t'day. All for those furry lil' Goats. T'day I actually had to boost up my dwnldable Data. I know Data usage, heck we're in the 21st century, but, if Data type internet accounts is all ya can get, because of mountainous regions, what are you gonna do. I wasted I think 4.44 Gbs x 3 or 4 whatever it might be, that for me is over half of what my Internet Provider, provides. I know, I could us e "Steam" like many point out, but ... :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.
I feel for you BCKidd, especially with what you've got invested and at stake right now. I was in your "data" shoes once, for a long time, until they upgraded the internet infrastructure locally. I know you must be right ticked off.

As for having to play through Steam, it's definitely no bargain either. As several others have already pointed out, the gameplay through Steam is severely degraded right now, with hesitations every 10-20 seconds as if animals are constantly coming into render. I have played both versions recently, one after the other, and it is very annoying to play through Steam. We just can't win either way right now, so I'm doing the copy and paste thingy, and playing through the website until (when and if) they get this silliness straightened out. Disappointing indeed. :(
But we have to accept that Steam help us to updating the game :!: Thanks Steam ;)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

BCKidd.

yep, it works.
I finally was able to finish the download- it seems to have worked here as well. Whew, thank god. Was thinkin' there was more awry then the infinite loop. Glad that ain't the case. :) Peace.
JimboCrow wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

BCKidd.

Thanks, Jimbo. Yeah, it is a sad state of affairs-the launcher that is. I was able to get the dwnload tho' as I had my Data boosted- t'day. Damn goats... Have enough data left to play so, for now, I'm happy. Hopefully no more surprise patches come about b'for April 2nd. That is when my data will reset to zero usage. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
twsmith

Post by twsmith »

Why does a 4MB patch result in a 4.4GB download when I try to get the patch via thehunter launcher? Extremely irritating to update my kids laptops every time there's a patch since they don't have steam installed.

Why is the launcher such a POS when it comes to applying patches?
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

glad you got it going, Kidd...good luck...

Cleaver08

Post by Cleaver08 »

Same here. I have never had this much of an issue. I may have to try downloading the patch twice at most in the past, but now I have spent about five hours of repeats. Not sure what to do.
kusbom

Post by kusbom »

I have the same issue! When i start the launcher it starts to download o full download, ca 8GB!! But when it comes to 35-45% it stops. I`ve tried to delete The Hunter from the PC and then reinstalled it. But it doesn`t helps.......I`m out of ideas....

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”